Is there a more nu male band than AJJ?

Is there a more nu male band than AJJ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PWQUs7S0bYo
youtube.com/watch?v=Pfm5fB-JtCM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_subculture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

The Mountain Goats and Animal Collective come to mind.

>Sup Forums-posting so hard

>a "punk" band changed their name from Andrew Jackson Jihad to AJJ to avoid offending people
They're as cucked as a band can possibly get.

>Animal Collective
They never pander to SJWs. They're apolitical.

this thread sucks poopy rotten eggs

Well, Viet Cong and I think that's actually an even worse example. And the new album kinda sucked. I mean it kills me to say but yeah they give ajj a run for their money.

fuck off edgelord

I'm a genuine leftist and I hate sniveling bourgeois emaciated white liberal vegans who are so far removed from the working class and have enough of a trust fund to live off being in a shitty scene band in Williamsburg

Your favorite band

Even though Jeff Rosenstock is good he's popular with the nu males.

I actually think AJJ is worse because their name is literally just a censored version of their old name.
"Preoccupations" was at least a relatively new band (that started as a side project) that didn't really make any songs about social justice
and was significantly less twee

still disgusting
although mildly necessary if you like $

There is no band more nu male than The Mountain Goats. Literally everything about them is nu male.

>that started as a side project
Wut

I really like Andrew Jackson Jihad, but I am disappointed they didn't stick to their guns with the whole AJJ thing, and changed it. Seems very not in the style of "punk"

t. offended nu-male cuck

Explain, I just listened to one song by them and the only nu male thing I could deduce from it was the grating whiny nasally voice

they literally advocated for Hillary and said Trump is a big meanie and literally Hitler

lol my friend is buds with Sean even recorded some tracks with em

Viet Cong had no choice, they either change their name or they don't get to play in venues. Andrew Jackson Jihad however was all about not offending people, there's a difference.

Source?

yeah and who the fuck are they even defending by removing the word jihad??

Time to remove all my anco discography

It's made up of like 2 or 3 of the guys from Women

This

Listen to them again.

Really pay attention to the lyrics.

Realize this is the man who made that music. Like really look at this man.

Realize this is John Green's favorite band.

Realize actual grown men listen to this shitty band.

Here's my favorite song to show how nu male they are.
youtube.com/watch?v=PWQUs7S0bYo

These people

facebook, maybe their other social media too. Just go to their November posts

Liberals and """""Moderate""""" Muslims claim that Jihad means some internal spiritual struggle and has nothing to do with terrorism.

:(

Punk isn't punk anymore, I just saw a band I liked on facebook talk about "promoting safe spaces at shows", and I was sitting there like "what the fuck?", punk was never safe in the first place. Good that the metal crowd shoves that bullshit away.. If you want a safe space stay your ass at home or in the back.

>Good that the metal crowd shoves that bullshit away

But I thought metal is for nu-males

thred is
pure ideology

What?

>its not real punk unless you get murdered at the show
really makes you think

I think that would fit in more with black metal or death metal.

>Viet Cong had no choice, they either change their name or they don't get to play in venues.

Not true, it was just one venue in Toronto that got offended. (And a collage campus in Ohio of coarse)

Preoccupations just wanted to be trendy just like every other Post-Punk band out there today.

Punk is dead.

ITT retards getting offended at bands changing their names while complaining about how liberals get easily offended

Nigger when the fuck did he say that? If someone doesn't call you by your Xie pronoun do you die or something?

Keep telling yourself that

isnĀ“t panda alt-right?

These bands don't have a spine. Especially ridiculous since these groups call themselves "Punk" lol.

Why are y'all complaining about bands you shouldn't be listening to
Also Preoccupations was great are you really gonna hate the only good post-punk revival album because "UUUUUUUU i dont like gooks"

If I was in a "punk" band I wouldn't change the name for no one. I'm a liberal, but honestly I do get tired of the whiny shit sometimes. I saw nothing wrong with the name "Viet cong".

>"UUUUUUUU i dont like gooks"

Really? Is that what this is about??? I think you are missing the point entirely.

>I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.
what did yall mean by this?

>I do get tired of the whiny shit sometimes.
coming from you of all people

How the fuck is Viet Cong offensive to you? It's not like calling a band Chink Killers or something, it was an army.

Huh? When did I say I was part of the alt-right? Just because I said something you don't agree with?

ow the edge, u sure showed them

>punk was never safe in the first place
Straight edge punk was a safe space for no fun pussies.

>Preoccupations
>only good post-punk revival
youtube.com/watch?v=Pfm5fB-JtCM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_subculture

"Punk politics cover the entire political spectrum. Punk-related ideologies are mostly concerned with individual freedom and anti-establishment views. Common punk viewpoints include anti-authoritarianism, a DIY ethic, non-conformity, direct action and not selling out."

What did they mean by this?

not in their music retard

>anti-establishment
>alt right
lmao

Annnd you're wrong.

>Also Preoccupations was great are you really gonna hate the only good post-punk revival album because "UUUUUUUU i dont like gooks"

Post-punk revival is inherently shit. Taking a genre that was defined by its innovative and progressive nature and then doing an hackneyed pantomime job at aping its most stereotypical and played out characteristics doesn't merit praise, it merits ridicule and dismissiveness.

>it bothers me when people feel safe

yeah man pasty nerds on the internet are the establishment

>anti-authoritarianism
>alt-right
lmao

I'm not talking about hate moshing or anything, just the whole "this is a safe space and no ones going to be offended" bullshit. If you don't like it, stay home..That simple. I went to hardcore,metal and punk shows in high school and got elbowed, kick in the face and other things. Do you see me calling for safe spaces at shows?

TOXIC MASCULINITY,TOXIC MASCULINITY,TOXIC MASCULINITY, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*SOUNDS MISOGYNIST HORN*

Alt-right doesn't exist retard.

It was a media creation.

Only retarded children who think they're part of it and liberals believe it's a thing

pure ideology

>call somebody retarded for acting retarded
>>LOL U OFFENDED MUCH? HAHA TRIGGERED
>TRULY SJWS AND THE ALT-RITE ARE TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN

we aren't talking about music. the thread starting with them being Numale for their band name. we're discussing libcucks and numales exclusively, keep up

Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes and Arcade Fire
Waste of dubs
kys nu-male

Only being a SJW is wrong. Nothing wrong with leading that kind of lifestyle as long as you are not a leftist.

That's just a matter of opinion than fact. Just because someone shares leftist or SJW views doesn't mean they're living the wrong lifestyle.

...you're right, I apologize.

t. nu males

>non-conformity
>direct action

Wew, that's pretty liberal.

How many punk shows have you been to?
How many punk albums have you listened to that aren't on the Sup Forumscore chart?
How about you stick to what you know like sitting in your basement and stalking B-list pop starts you fucking loser

It's just easier to call you a faggot.

He's an expatriate that's married to a Portuguese woman, so I kinda doubt it.

>expecting someone to validate themselves on a Taiwanese extreme quilt making forum

Yes Jimmy Numale, I'm sure you're really fucking hardcore.

Why do i come to this website? You faggots have made me literally hate everyone

why did you ask a question then immediately answer yourself?

pure ideology

not too valid.
sure john is a weird dude and leans pretty far left, but the actual music isn't nu-male user.
passes are given to wayyy worse artists and fanbases.
TMG make good music that, more often then not, is detached from john and should be enjoyed.

get over your NOFX phase please

Sure

Why does this trigger Sup Forums so much?

Nice argument. Did I hit a nerve?
Anybody who hasn't dragged themselves out of their parents' house to an actual punk show doesn't know what they're talking about and has no business complaining about punk music or culture. You can if you want to but you're just parroting what other Sup Forums keyboard warriors have told you and it shows.

Probably the only people who care are the ones that are really insecure about themselves.

Car Seat Headrest

>Making baseless assumptions about people you don't know on the internet to stroke your ego the post.

>if you've been to the same shitty shows as me then you'd have the same opinions as me

Ooo, you sure do sound like a tough guy!

t. Nu-male

nice meme

t.

all me

The best part is that they released an album called The Bible 2 the same year.

actually not true. they have lots of environmentalist themes.

There's actually nothing baseless about it because it's not really an assumption, it's just stating the fact that you shouldn't comment about things you don't know anything about.
If we were talking about something Sup Forums loves to tug their shriveled cocks to like math rock or Lauren Mayberry's feet this wouldn't be an unpopular opinion but everyone thinks they're an expert on punk because they listened to Fugazi

Again, that's actually not even close to what I'm saying. Did your dad hit you too many times or were you just born stupid?
Feel free to keep replying though, your impotent whining sustains me

And you just did it again, yer so silly.