How is growing weed for a lifestyle?

How is growing weed for a lifestyle?

I'm mildly depressed, graduating from university next year, but have no short or long term goals in life. Not planning on starting a family in foreseeable future or paying rent with my art hobbies. The brightest memories I have no regret about were smoking with potheads who didn't make it to graduation and left the city. I can't grow at home and will get severely fucked if I get busted, but it still looks safer than drinking or doing other drugs (namely acid, which often turns out to be NBOME and fucks people's heads up). I've been thinking about moving to some place where growing is legal and building my personal paradise. Anything else I do with my life doesn't require any dedication, so I figure that's something. On the other hand, there is still a lazy option to keep risking my ass to stay in my comfort zone (or in prison if unlucky).

Should I go for it, or would it be a big disappointment?

I'm sure you're the first loser druggie to come up with this plan. Follow your dreams, I'm sure you'll do well.

Is that sacrasm? Druggie or not you don't just stop being a loser, especially when there is nothing of value to win.

all depends. you can grow at home without getting busted but that costs a lot of money if you are in the states or canada, where the cops hunt growers with heat detection.

if you don't live in the state just get a carbon filter, a decent ventilation system and some cheap led panels.

What is the filter for? And would LED provide enough light like daylight bulbs? Also would I be prosecuted for growing in Washington or other states with legal recreational use? Heat detection is good to know.

Im nearly in the same situation. Try to achieve your own peace of soul. You don´t have to follow a lifestyle you hate, you will get even more depressed.
For growing... Own yards are great in summertime. If you live in a flat, well, it´s a bit harder. Weed needs alot of care.

Don't.

Even in legal states, you have to have the touch, and talent. I know Botanists that can't grow for shit. Every Hydro store owner thinks they can, but they suck too.

dunno about US laws as i'm not an american. filter is for smell, because they start stinking once they get to flowering, like really bad.

led are the safest and most power efficient lights you can get for any type of plant. hps is old, produces lots of heat and costs a shit ton to operate.

look that shit up on the internet, caligreen on yt has pretty good videos

that's just pure bullshit, everybody can grow, people who say shit like that are just a bunch of elitist faggots.

If you want to make money at it, expect to work hard and often. It DOES take knowledge, it DOES take commitment, and most of all it takes cash. Your investment could also evaporate into nothing if you don't do it right with consistency.

It's also boring as fuck if you're not hung up on the novelty of working with weed. Get an IT job.

kek you're so far down this rabbit hole of faggotry youre even preaching it. fuck off, the fact that youve warped something as passive as cannabis into an elitist powerpoint for your "talent" is fucking PATHETIC

Anyone can grow a Canna plant till ripe, but having someone fork over top dollar for it's produce, is a whole nother story.

Scaling up for production in the weight needed to generate ROI to make it worth it is where 95% of people fail. You have no idea what you are speaking of. Worse than opening a restaurant.

Also a nice question would be how do I get the seeds to start, i.e. how do I get them delivered without attracting police interest? I know they check all the post and my pal at the post office say they bust some people coming to get their parcels. He won't risk his ass helping me though.

I would go literally batshit paranoid about my bushes out in the open for all the world to see, even if I owned the land somewhere in the woods, too much vids of cops raiding those seen in my time. Cheers mate, I hope you do well!

Are you seeing this from a weed gourmet perspective? I didn't actually plan to grow the hottest bud on the coast, just serviceable stuff to save money.

More about the cash part, please? It seems less cash-intensive than regular farming. Also, I wanted to go IT initially, but was repetitive and stressful. I know most jobs are, but growing up it was a dream of mine, which turned out to be office monkey 2.0.

All ears.

you will spend thousands, and end up with nothing worth paying for

/thread

No. I've done what you propose, and have helped others try to be successful in scaling up from gourmet to commercial, and almost none succeeded. With your self described limitations, you are asking for similar results. Grow your own, fine. Making it a biz is something entirely different.

What about interviewing experts? I've heard there is even an educational institution or faculty dedicated to MJ in US

I wouldn't get into growing in the current political climate. Sessions is going to be bringing back full sentencing for nonviolent offenses. You could do decades in prison for simply growing.

>How is growing weed for a chore?

The first harvest is exciting and fun and very satisfying.

After that it just becomes another chore.

You're speaking with one. I'll be at the Cup in Sept on the East coast.

only if you're caught

sure but there is a difference in doing some little home grow or doing a real operation. with hg i agree, ROI will be minimal, but that's why large scale grow operations are a couple hundret plants, not just 1 or 2 in a scrog

Forgot to add, the 'educational' centers are all a joke. The info is all out there if you want to learn to grow great weed. Growing shit weed, won't ever pay you back for the electricity unless you live in niggerland.

Whats your take on growing according to moon position?

If you don't know how to grow pot then don't start. You don't just get to start a garden and make a bunch of money. Takes years of self teaching or years of study under someone who knows what they are doing. Otherwise you grow shit pot, spend a bunch of money, and no one wants your shit pot. If you can't pay rent with whatever you studied then how do you think you are going to pay rent plus put up the investment for growing. Where will you sell? Every year here in California I'd imagine at least 100 thousand idiots have the same fantasy in mind, fail within 6 months, then go back to their shit jobs. So save yourself the time

the sun seems to be more important, if you're growing outside anyway

Well its full on sun in the netherlands.
But I have heard of some growers only placing their plants in the ground when the new moon comes around.
Mendo Dope as an example.

one of my outdoor plants i grew a few years back, had 5 plants in my back yard garden. I havent grown in 4-5 years though

It's called weed for a reason you idiot

>when the new moon comes around
well, that is such a rare, rare occurrence...

and another. These seeds was out of some reg i had bought, actually grew out decent smoke but I babied them

Thanks, that's realistic.

I'll be leaving soon, thanks to everybody who participated and shared advice. A special fedora tip to the Cup gentleman.

This is from last year.
No nutes.
My first plant ever.
Everybody can do it.

Where'd y'all get seeds from? Online or dealers?

Online. I'm in Europe so it might be easier than in the US.

I ordered them online, but that was a decade plus ago. Wondering if it's still safe to do.

no nutes? i dunno about that sir

just buy them at a dispensary or smokeshop

if any of my neighbors were growing pot in their yards I would destroy it first week of flower.

Shit smells terrible.

Theres no reason you should have to smell someone elses habit.

Inside garden on the other hand I have no issue with.

Why the doubt? Watered with tap water and rain water and about 8 full hours of sun. I want everyone to know that growing their own bud is easy and not at all impossible to learn.

Hello Mr. Dickhead

yea.. my reaction to your selfishness makes me the dickhead.

logic at its finest.

what you do IN your own home is your own business. when it effects my home, it becomes MY business.

there's stuff in the ground already

plants in soil don't 'need' extra nutes

I'm in the states, and it's still pretty safe as long as you don't order a shit ton. I even had an online order seized by customs about a year ago, and they didn't do anything about it but keep the seeds. They have better things to do than worry about someone who ordered a few seeds. The attitude/choice was awesome about it, and resent my order.

>it becomes MY business
so you enter your neighbor's yard and destroy their property

you would be less of a dick if you just called the cops

nah man. my property is my property. I could have a big ol pile of shit in my back yard and you can fucking move if you dont like it.

I'd be more leery now that the angry Keebler elf is AG.

Just don't move to Colorado, we have too many of you fucks here already driving up the price of everything.

you can literally spray weed killer over the fence to the exact same effect as their smelling coming over the fence to your yard.

i dont give a fuck if you use weed, grow weed, sell weed.

I am saying it smells like shit and if you live in a suburban setting you shouldn't be growing it in the yard.

You're an asshole if you pull shit like this.

lmao a plant or 2 outside doesn't really produce that much smell unless you planted them like right next to your neighbors porch or some shit, bad troll.

t. neet

and thats where you're wrong, theres not a city I've been in where you can just let shit sit in your yard.

noise, smell, sound, junk in the yard, overgrown yard the city will come and ticket your ass.

go on though, imagine up some more bullshit from your parents basement.

>I am saying it smells like shit
maybe YOU smell like shit, let's hope someone finds your odor so offensive they destroy you

why are you in a weed thread, shouldn't you be off discussing kicking puppies or something?

>i've never grown weed, but this is how I'd imagine it, so I am going to comment regardless of lacking any personal experience.

lol. k.

huh, guess everythings better here in texas then. My property is my fucking property

because I grow and use weed. I like to discuss weed growing...

Why are you discussing what it would be like to have neighbors in a house that you own when you yourself live with your parents?

lmao okay retard, idk why you think anyone who would be growing illegally would have them anywhere near their neighbour unless they were functionally retarded.

I grow, 1-2 plants like in those pictures wouldn't cause much smell, if at all, but some people have sticks wedged up their ass so it heightens their sensitivity

everyone can grow shit weed that gets u somewhat high

and if you have the property to grow and not disturb neighbors that might be great.

However, you live in a state where its a felony to posess what? more than 2 grams on your person at a time? Literally the worst crimes for drugs of any state in the union but you're going to argue about whether or not growing on your property is an issue? Sure its your property, but you dont have the freedoms to do as you wish on it.

you grow stuff that smells like shit to you?

not everyone on here is 12 like you junior

reading comprehension dick bag. the argument was about living in a suburban setting, to which you would have to smell it from a neighbors backyard. if i didn't smell it it wouldn't make a difference to me.
thats gotta be it

whew lad. breaking out them insults. you're really cooking now

roses smell, lots of flowers on trees, I don't like all of the odors from them

that gives me the right to tear up my neighbor's bushes and rose garden. Cool!

you are a cunt
I hope I never have to meet someone like you
probably one of those faggots who accosts people in public who are smoking

says the dickhead who presumes every one else also still lives with their parents

yea. it actually does.
i am, and i hope some day you get to a point when you have neighbors as well, and they smash you like they pussy as dog that you are.

>WAAA I WANNA GROW POT AND EVERYONE AROUND ME MY FOLD TO MY DESIRES

>yea. it actually does.
dickhead status confirmed

and again...

>yea.. my reaction to your selfishness makes me the dickhead.

I am 100% okay with this

this stopped being about the weed a long time ago, you are either a horrible troll or a really stupid person.

welcome to the last two generations of human filth culture
"you can't impose on me, but i can impose on you"
hope that user gets the ass cancer

>

I mean he's already clearly operating on a lower level...

no one has talked about weed the moment i mentioned not wanting to deal with someone elses growing.

people got super bent out of shape that someone didn't agree with them, and instead of accepting that someone wont do what they feel like they should do, they have been arguing about whether that is right or wrong, or a dickhead or not.

>STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME YOU ASSHOLE

which i agreed with, like almost immediatly.

you want to talk about weed? what are you growing or smoking?

'you can't impose on me, but i can impose on you'
someone will explain hypocrisy to you one day- pref via anal fist

lmao this isn't about people agreeing with you you blindly egotistical cunt.

Literally what??/ xD

okay. cool.

you all done jerking each other off?

>i mentioned not wanting to deal with someone elses growing.

well and how you'd take it upon yourself to destroy them, just so everyone knows what a huge dick you are

so the threads done?

right. got it. huge dick.

egotistical cunt.

ecks dee

the thread's been done for a while actually
that asshat clown just came along to entertain everyone

True.
I've had shitty med weed before From A dispensary.