Feeling bad for normies

Do you feel bad for others lack of musical taste?
Pic somewhat related as i feel like this album is a pleb filter and relates to what i'm about to explain

Days ago i went to a party and they played a remix of Everything in its right place that you could actually dance too, i was drunk as fuck and entered in ecstasy mode as the song played because i fucking love Radiohead and Kid A as well. As the song played a friend of mine said "hey user, the instrumental is actually really good, could you send me the song later so i can listen to it?" and i did

Days later he said something different "this song is so bad but the instrumental is really good, the vocals are shit and the lyrics sucks" and i realized how pleb people can be just because something good and different doesn't fit their actual musical taste

Now i'm realizing most of the songs and bands i listen to are actually hard to listen and i somehow feel bad for people who can't get into that kind of music

I'm not trying to say i'm special or that my musical taste is better than theirs, but to think that there are people who actually think something is bad just because they can't get into it makes me pity them

i pity them because they're never going to be able to experience what i feel when i listen to things such as The Age of Adz, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Kid A, and the list goes on

I get to the climax of songs like "Static - Godspeed you! Black Emperor", "Impossible Soul - Sufjan Stevens" and as much as i love the climax, it always bugs my mind that others may never experience such ear orgasms as i am

This but unironically. Going from Sup Forums back into the real world is such a culture shock, the most entry level p4kcore is completely alien to these fucks.

>they're never going to be able to experience what i feel when i listen to things such as The Age of Adz, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Kid A, and the list goes on
>the list goes on...

>this song is so bad but the instrumental is really good, the vocals are shit and the lyrics sucks

get better friends, who the fuck just says something like this?

Most people have the absolute shallowest and uninteresting taste in everything. Call me pretentious, fedora, stuck up, whatever you want, but normies are boring, dull, and painful to talk to. Have you ever tried holding a real conversation with a normie? Its like giving yourself a lobotomy. You mention experimental music and they say "Oh experimental, like red hot chili peppers?" .

Most of them haven't even been banned from Sup Forums before. GET ON MY LEVEL PLEBS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel bad for people who don't care enough about music, films, etc. to explore on their own. I'm not saying people need to fish up new grindcore bandcamp releases or any shit like that, but if your music taste comes from your parents and a mix of the charts, I sincerely pity you. I've found so much more enjoyment in media by delving into genres and finding what suits me personally,

It's not even hard. People could really just look up "Best albums of all time" or "Best rock albums" or "Best albums of 2007" or "Best rock albums of 2007" (hint: In Rainbows). People could just save new releases that pop up on their streaming services. People could just listen to mixes and playlists by their peers or people they admire. Shit, Frank Ocean's got his own radio show, how the hell do people not find music?

Regardless of taste I sometimes get frustrated at the closed-mindedness of some people. For instance, my little brother didn't even listen to DAMN. all the way through but said it sucked? He just skimmed through all of the songs. I tried to explain to him that you can't say an album is good or bad if you have barely even listened to it; that musicians want you to listen to whole albums (and whole songs) in order to see the whole picture they paint. I told him what he was doing was basically like watching only a couple of scenes in a movie and forming an opinion based on 1/5 of the whole film. He didn't give one fuck. Then there are people who measure the "quality" of artists based off of the charts, units sold, and the time period instead of the music itself. Honestly fuck everyone with these sort of mentalities - I don't think their opinions matter one bit.

that's the irony, my "list" is pretty pleb level mu/core and most normies would still think it's hard to listen anyway

He's right you know

how is this a pleb filter when mac miller sampled or basically took the main loop of vesuvius for his Donald Trump track

if your friends enjoy dance music but don't like Sufjan and GY!BE then get better friends

honestly if they can't even "get" the simplest of (still patrician) pop and post-rock music then they aren't worth saving

No because they can get through a day without resorting to music to not kill themselves

Twitter is stuck with shitty pop music fandoms for artists like Miley Cyrus, Fifth Harmony, Justin Bieber, Lana Del Rey, Rihanna, etc. that just argue sales and not the fact that they're all mediocre singers at best.

ITT
real autist cannot handle how opinions work

It's easy to say that
Is practically impossible to find that kind of people in my environment
Also a very small part of the population can get our from it's comfort zone when it comes to music

>Lana Del Rey
delete this

inorite, fuck all those normie plebs who don't listen to Sup Forumscore all day lol

losers xD

Ultraviolence put me to sleep faster than Ambient 1/Music for Airports ever could

I have this exact problem with Age Of Adz too. This album makes me feel like nothing else, and impossible soul is the only song that has ever made me cry. But when I get others to listen to it they usually just say "its too messy" or some shit

>"YAAAAAS SLAY 5H QUEENS, IMAGINE STANNING LITTLE FLOP MIX, CAN'T RELATE"

bleak shit desu

I'm curious, how is this remix called?

I wouldn't care if he thought DAMN. sucked after listening to it, but he didn't do that.