This is better than Pet Sounds

This is better than Pet Sounds

You're right

eh, with a better tracklist maybe but not in its current state

SMiLE > Pet Sounds > Surf's Up > Friends > Sunflower > Smiley Smile > Summer Days (and Summer Nights!!) > Love You > Wild Honey > the rest

>Disney Girls
>Feel Flows
>'Til I Die
>Surf's Up
How could anyone deny it

nah

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i dunno man

20/20 is better than Surf's up. Like "I Can Hear Music" fucking smashes almost ever BB song. And the tracks "I went to sleep" and "Time To Get Alone" are killers dude

Sometimes I feel it has higher highs than Pet Sounds with its good tracks but the other tracks bring it down to lower lows.
Overall its one of my favourites from them with songs like Disney Girls, but some of the other songs... Meh.
Overall its definitely up there with Today and Sunflower

Also The Nearest Faraway Place and Cotton Fields

Y E S

I could not believe it when I read a critic insulting Faraway... He said it was syrupy muzac.
Its one of my favourite songs by them! Easily better than the instrumental on Pet Sounds.
Also it has a nice title

Childhood is idolizing Brian, Adulthood is realizing Bruce makes more sense

Any thoughts on this in relation to Pet Sounds legacy?

blop

this list is the new meta

very good
the band im in did a cover of time

Also think Brian's solo albums are underrated, like Imagination and Orange Crate Art. But I think Ocean topped them all!

Orange crate art is a sad story cause the arrangements and songwriting are great but it's totally over produced. The piano demo is better than anything on the album

>student demonstration time
Nope.

I completely agree with you, it could have been so amazing and a triumphant return for Brian and Parks. It really needed someone there to hold Brian back.
The final track is some of his best work though
Same with Imagination though, great songs but someone in the studio need to let Brian be heard with a rougher feel
I'd love to hear a more harsh and more "punk" Brian

Surf's Up and Til I Die alone make it one of the best in their discog, it is genuinely a very good album

perfect list

Such a great album! Why is it so underrated?

so good

dennis was overshadowed

And yet someone thought Mike Love was more talented than Dennis

A day in the Life of a Tree and Till I die are the only great songs on the album. Also Carl ruined the beginning of Surf's Up.

>student demonstration time
but really, from today to holland the beach boys had some great albums. my mom used to play the beatles for me all the time as a child and it ruined them for me. im glad the beach boys were absent from my childhood.

also, little pad from smiley smile is my favorite song of all time by them.
>those broken laughs after those sad lyrics
>devastating

>forgetting 15 big ones
user please

LONG PROMISED ROOOOAD

>ignoring holland which is better than summer days
>ignoring today and the christmas album with both deserve a mention
other than those and maybe at least ranking party and the first four, good list
more like 15 big shits

NEVER ENDING