It's happening America, stop fighting it, you'll just get angry and frustrated

It's happening America, stop fighting it, you'll just get angry and frustrated

It's over, NFL, NBA and that other boreball thing are officially dead.

Real Americans now watch MLS exclusively.

>in TWENTY years it goes up by 4000

wow, amazing

I know it seems like a lot, but there are only 20 teams in a country of 320 million people. Of course the average attendance is going to be high even if almost nobody cares about it.

>average attendance: half a stadium
Okay

How much will this drop when Seattle is erased from existence?

Most MLS stadiums have a capacity of 18,000-24,000 and are mostly full on a regular basis, unless they're completely irrelevant in their area like Chicago (who only average like 60% attendance iirc) or they're playing in a NFL stadiun.

>MLS cup final rating few weeks ago: 3.5 million
>Most recent "Madam Secretary" rating: 8.5 million

OP BTFO

>looks at the y axis
>attendance
>only in the 20000
LMAO EVEN THE BROWNS AVERAGE THAT AND THEYRE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL WHICH AVERAGES OVER 50000 A GAME

Real talk, It's a good show tho

They play in smaller stadiums though.

20k is less than my college's football games lmao

That's why they have no fucking money

even NBC Sunday Night Football pregame is at 9.5 million.

America having an homosex increase, or what?

This is not acceptable. Those yuropoors semen supply is at hand.

They do make money though. Revenue is increasing every year and more investor groups are spending hundreds of millions to start up mls franchises and stadiums where they will profit off the non-sporting events. The only stinginess is in the players where a good majority still make under 100k but then again mls is aware that they're just literally whos while the DPs are the money makers.

These things take time which is why it seems like mls is poor or small. It's ignored by most American sports media yet its still growing year by year.

>20 years to go up by 4000
>This is with few games per season in large stadiums
>all but 3 MLB teams have better attendance than the inflated average
WTF I love semen slurping right now

its not growing by much, the only place where its popularity is significant is the Pacific Northwest with Seattle's 40k attendance. That is probably the sole reason for the massive up swing starting 2009 (when the Sounders started playing)

What is it about footy that bothers you all so much?

>its not growing by much, the only place where its popularity is significant is the Pacific Northwest with Seattle's 40k attendance.

Also Orlando's 30k. What's funny is that even in places where soccer is really popular (the Southwest and South Florida), MLS isn't, because the people in those areas would all rather watch the Mexican league or the Spanish league.

Nothing, really. This is just thinly-veiled Sup Forums shitposting, like European threads about the NFL.

probably the semen slurping

I gave up on NFL shitposting when I realised its actually a good sport in highlight form, aka showing the 10 minutes of actual action.

only the fact that besides Orlando (Florida) and Columbus (Ohio), teams use FC instead of SC

beyond that I don't give a shit about soccer, its going to remain perpetually regional to the PNW and Sun Belt

>10 minutes of action

That's a lie, actually. Much like "women get paid 78 cents on the dollar to do the same job", it's an easily-quotable statistic that's gained traction thanks to leftists with an agenda. It's actually about 80 minutes of action. People who say that football only has 10 minutes of action are essentially the foreign/left-wing version of people who say that nothing happens in soccer because "they're just passing the ball around".

It's still stupid, because that means the broadcast is like 40% commercials, but "10 minutes" is a lie.

>It's still stupid, because that means the broadcast is like 40% commercials, but "10 minutes" is a lie.
The adverts and the bullshit coverage may ruin it, but I'm mostly memeing lad, its a fun sport. Go Giants.

I'm mean, just having less viewers than NFL prime time and Madam Sec isn't bad.

Is the action them milling around and getting into position? There is no way there is more than 15 minutes of the ball being in play. I never played football and have no idea what all the milling means.

that's not that big of an increase

>Go Giants.

cringe

kys

I actually don't think viewership figures mean much anymore. Literally everyone streams, I even set my Grandad up with a Kodi box so he can watch the cricket.

>being an Eagles fan

> a good sport in highlight form, aka showing the 10 minutes of actual action
Same could be said of soccer 2bh.

>It's actually about 80 minutes of action
what the fuck do you consider action? even if it's whenever the clock is running it's less than 80 minutes

>Same could be said of soccer 2bh
yeah but then you'd be wrong

This graph is deceiving. That's an increase of 4500 over 20 years, which isn't very impressive. The graph makes it look like a crazy increase, but it's not. I live in a place with a fairly good MLS team, and their stadium is tucked away in corner where nobody can see it. My hs football stadium was more impressive, not to mention visible.

Yeah, soccer highlights are way shorter than 10 minutes.

>20 years to get to 22k

ANyway what happen at 2000?

I know americans will see a billboard or TV commercial and go to buy whatever it is advertising straight away, but does the location of the stadium really matter? If it was in a busier part of town would people be more likely to see it and decide to go inside?

As a Gook you should understand how bad traffic is you retarded chink.

This isn't just americans, you weeb fuck. There is a reason why there are ads worldwides

Why are so many Americans mad that footie is becoming more popular in the states?

I thought that most americans would be ecstatic to tell the jews from the nfl and nba to fuck off, and spend their money elsewhere. Or was Sup Forums full of shit, and americans are low-key cucks?

the problem is that the MLS is also operated the same way the nfl and nba are

>footie
>trying so hard to be a European you even type like them

You're welcome to leave at any time you fucking loser.

I'm an avid American soccer fan and I make an effort to watch every US men's soccer match there is. However, there are huge fundamental flaws with our fanbase. I don't know what it is about American soccer that attracts the biggest SJW parodies of sentient creatures and redditors this world has ever seen.

Like I'm from Columbus which is a fairly liberal city, but Crew fans are considered turbo fucktarded even by our standards.

>everyone is a marxist / anarchist / environmentalist nutjob for some reason
>autistically aping Bundesliga to the point of giving themselves German nicknames, even the team logo looks like a bastard child of Bayern and Dortmund (previous logo looked like an YMCA themed gay clipart)
>faggots, trannies, numales, dykes, Somalis, Yuroboos, hipsters and retards

And what's worse is this is still supposedly tame to the unabashed retardation of Portland and Seattle.

It's because normal people rather just watch football or baseball

I dunno dude, I think if soccer becomes popular most people would be more apathetic than angry. I don't really like it but I don't mind if other people do. Hell, maybe the added competition will force Goodell and the NFL to change and fuck off with their dumb No Fun League penalties and fines.

You haven't cited a single source so essentially your claim is complete bullshit, which surprises nobody.

The problem is that normal sports fans who like soccer are overwhelmingly latinos, and MLS hasn't managed to convince us to watch their league instead of Liga MX or Barca/Real. So MLS is forced to turn to the SJW hipsters.

Normal people watch football and basketball, not baseball.

>And what's worse is this is still supposedly tame to the unabashed retardation of Portland and Seattle.

Seattle's fanbase is so bad that it actually makes me hate Seattle.

What are you talking about? Baseball is more popular than basketball in the US by pretty much any measurement (attendance, tv ratings, revenue, polling data), don't get confused just because basketball gets more coverage on ESPN.

t. Nigger or suburban white boy in high school

How can MLS convince normal non-Latino soccer fans to watch that league? I'm asking because I'm basically that, a non-Latino US soccer fan

I'm from rural Wisconsin, and basically what you'd call a "redneck". Baseball is dying and shit

The question that we should be asking ourselves is, "How do we destroy soccer, once and for all?"

>le college basketball fan
Rednecks who watch college sports don't count toward the population of normal people

>soccer

Rednecks watch college football, not college basketball. Do you have any idea how sports culture works in the US?

>Seattle's fanbase is so bad that is actually makes me hate Seattle
How contrived

It already has. But there are too few of you, it's not enough to keep a league going. Normal non-latinos generally prefer football, baseball, basketball, or hockey.

>in rural Wisconsin

No shit, baseball has never been that huge up in that area. It's always been about football and to a lesser extent basketball.

In person attendance is meaningless in terms of the success of the league since nowadays most people watch sports on TV

MLS isn't securing the fuck huge TV deals of other leagues so I don't believe it's very relevant

2/3 mls teams here are hurting the cfl

>Vikings
>Packers
>Bears, Bears, Bears
>only exception is Michigan

That kind of proves my point...

The CFL and MLS both need to go

NY state

Bills

>Not Yankees.
>Not Knicks

this is a pretty shitty unsubstantiated chart

what year is it from, 2014?

Your point was that baseball was relevant. Which it is clearly not.

No, my point was that baseball has never been huge in that part of the country. Also, your map shows a lot of baseball teams (Braves, Nats, Cardinals, Red Sox, Tigers, Pirates.) compared to just a few basketball teams (Grizzlies, Heat, Jazz).

But honestly, this map seems like bullshit anyway. The Bills are more popular in New York than the Giants, Jets, or Knicks? The Bruins are more popular in Massachusetts than the Red Sox or Patriots? The Raiders are more popular than the Lakers or 49ers?

>Bills are the most popular sports team in New York

lol they're not even the most popular football team in New York, your map is shit

>my

>yfw that graph exactly matches spic immigration growth

Under a Trump administration, that growth will plummet. Trump's America doesn't have time for faggot-oriented divegrass pussy sports.

Latinos don't watch MLS though. We prefer Liga MX and the Spanish league, the average Mexican or Spanish game gets 5 times as many viewers in the US as the average MLS game (10 times as many if it's a big game like El Clasico or whoever the fuck the big Mexican teams are).

I love soccer but don't watch the MLS. I don't give a shit if they are American teams, the quality of the play is fucking trash.

Fucking traitors. You're not in Mexico anymore

I'm not Mexican. But why the fuck would any latino want to watch MLS? It's low-quality and panders to SJW faggots.

MLS season doesn't even compete with the NFL, nba and nhl

>razorbacks
jesus christ how irrelevant do you have to be for your state's favorite team to be a fucking college team?

it's probably better than your state's favorite team be a team from a different state

I don't know but they fill up the stands of most teams so try asking them?

You have to go back, fucking wetback.

You can start by changing the channel from Tyrone pilling on Jamal, and Solomon Stein getting his shekels.

>dumbass anons think that all latinos are mexican

Fuck off

>not enjoying pretty much any sport (played by men)

Why are you on this board?

They all look the same, smelly equally bad, and are more or less, equally not wanted (mexican beaners need to fuck off a little more). So fuck off.

>all these scared triggered americanos

Why would I watch the talent-less shitpool of MLS when I can watch actually good leagues from abroad?

They took over Sup Forums

We lost and Sup Forums died for it