Harry Potter

To be honest I'm glad they toned Harry down for the movies. But for the inevitable remakes, would you like him being more faitful to the original books?

who's he talking to

That's not from the books. Did you stumble onto a fanfic? I think that's what happened.

harry potter needs to be made into a 7 season series on hbo or netflix or one of these new meme services

Ah Fanfiction.net still as edgy as you used to be.

Reminder they gave all of Ron's best bits in the novels to Emma 'Feminism is not negoitable' Watson.

No they don't, they movies covered pretty much everything.

*citation needed

Holy fuck. Even fan written shit still manages to make this one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises is what made be cry. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

name one time this happened

Kys bookfag the books sucked with respects to the trio

They need to have a show woth seven seasons about young lily,snape,james,sirius, lupin etc... Also, Voldemort was just starting his rise to power, they can show the origins of that as well, and end the series season 8 with lily and james death in the finale. Would be much more interesting than a simple rehash of the movies. Also, please not netflix or any other meme services, I would trust HBO to do this story well

Watson truly is the worst thing about literally everything shes in

His autism

When his autism flares up for the books being different ie constantly

>Steinbeck or Fitzgerald writing anything better than Shakespeare, let alone Hamlet

OPINION DISCARDED

>neckbeards actually believe this
Stay anally blasted

HARRY POTTER AND THE MAGIC MCGUFFIN

Aww is babby going to spam more cuck threads and then blame it on miss alicefag now?

>people still falling for the bait even though it's posted every thread

am i being memed

They aren't going to get any better kek

2000 - filming PS
2001 - press PS filming Cos
2002 - press Cos
2003 - filming Poa
2004 - press Poa filming Gof
2005 - press Gof
2006 - filming OOTP
2007 - press OOTP
2008 - filming HBP
2009 - press HBP filming DH1
2010 - filming DH2 press DH1
2011 - press DH2

Greatest cinematic achievement

What the fuck?

Nice post again

>implying shakespeare wasn't the GRRM/dane cook of his time
lol mate

This. A First Wizarding War Show centered on Voldemort's rise to power would be such an epic show if done right

i think in the Philosophers Stone during the scene where they're all trapped in the plants it was Ron in the books who figured out how to get out of them, not Hermione

Reminder some people come to HP threads solely to shitpost because they have no lives. This has to be the funniest thing on Sup Forums

Nobody cares wew

Will they finally address HP's drinking problem or his rampant narcissism?

>autists complain about HP
>when they cry and bump every thread

I don't think that's true, but even if that's true, it's subverted by the fact that Hermione solving the puzzle and finding the right potion to let Harry move on to the room with the mirror of erised is left out of the movies in exchange for a longer chess scene, where Ron reigns supreme

Why wouldn't they? Hollywood owed her parents favors which is also the only reason she got the role.
>

You couldn't be more bitter she had 9 auditions, beat out thousands and was well recieved from the getgo. Less experience only had done a couple plays and still outacted most kids