>impressive vocals
>nobody gives a shit

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPEy_-467rM&list=PL9XY4bXlStEgX1XIscgtgYx2kbGj8J8sm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gimmick release

They fucked themselves

>When Avey just opens up 7 minutes into Blue Noses and you remember how much you love these guys

I see this album posted at least twice daily
It also has to do with mid-era AnCo being both tumblr-core and Sup Forumscore, so genuine interest in the band is a little rare

By far my favorite piece of music released this year thus far. Almost wish it was a full album so people would care, but it's already perfect as is. Comfy as fuck and Man of Oil is GOAT

yeah its amazing.

>If all the people that you ever bumped into along the way had met the mark inside a cage
>For tomorrow, today it might sting
>And if somebody special ever ran away with what they gave you
>Wasn't it a gift to touch for a second?

I can't wait for Avey's new solo album.

It's so good, the accompanying Earthworks doc is a great watch too

youtube.com/watch?v=gPEy_-467rM&list=PL9XY4bXlStEgX1XIscgtgYx2kbGj8J8sm

it's produced by deak even, I'm so pumped

>Initially dislike AnCo
>Keep listening to bits and pieces of their music every once in a while hoping it clicks
>Absolutely nothing for months
>Watch some of this tonight
>Go back to Meeting of the Waters
>Every clicks
So glad it finally did, great record.

this album was soooooo nice so relaxed thank you ac for not trump poasting in ur songs ilu

I hope this is like the next step into a new era for them, they're just sounding so damn good right now with the new EPs, sleep cycle and the Avery solo album to look forward to

Who hype for new Avey solo

For me it was Sung Tongs. MPP didn't do it for me for a long time

I thought this was awful to be honest
The way it portrays them makes them look very shallow and pretentious

why does everyone always beat their dick off when any of them go and make something that sounds like a mediocre Sung Tongs, same thing happened with Sleep Cycle

>lmao unnecessarily long ambient passages
>lmao light strumming of three chords the entire song for every song on the EP
>what Avey Tare can sing relatively in tune?? I wouldve never fucking guessed

i love AnCo but i hate how everyones so quick to hate on stuff like CH and PW which is waaayyyy more dense and complex but if they rehash the "ambient/acoustic" sound everybody calls it a masterpiece...... like wtf

dense and complex =/= good

idk about this but Good House off Sleep Cycle makes me fuckin cry man

for some people, its all about the emotional reaction to it

its just hard for me to click with the emotions of the lyrics if the instrumentals/production don't grab me. I think AnCo is at their best when they do both

In what ways did they seems pretentious and shallow. They seems pretty passionate about their music and the environment they were in. Geo in particular.

I also hate that a lot of people dismiss PW and CHz, they're both great records the way I see it. But that doesn't discredit MotW or any of their acoustic stuff with more sparse songwriting, which Sung Tongs nor Sleep Cycle even have. Campfire songs and Danse do, but Sleep Cycle is more comparable in structure to SJ or Feels.

yea, youre right. It just pisses me off when people are quick to jump on the "returning to their ambient roots so its automatically amazing" bandwagon

Centipede will forever remain their most underrated record.

Amanita...wew

For real, that song is something else. Not saying that I dislike the stuff they put out since, but Amanita would make such a cool final song for the band, just thematically

Yeah, that song almost felt like the coda to the band's journey so far

That album art is trash

it's convincingly archaic looking, i'll give you that

Sung Tongs for me too, will always be one of my fav albums.

Yeah it looks like a shitty best of compilation of classical solo piano music

It really doesn't.

t. a person who actually listens to such music

The EP is very good though. Best thing they've released since ODDSAC. I hope they return to those days. I want to hear more Campfire Songs. ;_;

It's a titlecard with a landscape painting beneath it. Tons of classical albums are the same shit. Only difference is the swirl effect

And we just got an ep of Campfire Songs-ish material. This band is all about progressing and not repeating themselves. What don't you people get about that? Why do you want them to backtrack so much? If you want Campfire Songs type stuff you can listen to that, Other Music, any of their individual acoustic rarity tracks, Animal CrackBox, and even bits of Danse Manatee.

Dude animal collective is getting so sad lately. They are these old dudes trying to be cool like the good ol days but they end up failin miserably.
This happens when you have a fanbase that thinks that every fucking piece of shit you make is considered a masterpiece. It creates delusion with a lot of expasion.

They've never tried to be cool. This is evidenced by the fact that they have never ever been "cool" as people. They're music has been trendy before, and a lot of people post the "dude they got mainstream success therefore they sold out" meme, but they've always just done their thing and made their music

i feel bad for u that u think this way
toxic way to look at it

I'll just say I watched it with my dad, and that was how they came across to him. I think most of it was due to how they edited the dialogue.