Will things go wrong for Tottenham again? Last season they were 5 points ahead of Arsenal after matchweek 35

Will things go wrong for Tottenham again? Last season they were 5 points ahead of Arsenal after matchweek 35

>Losing 5-1 to a relegated Newcastle

Some things are just destined to happen. Arsenal will bottle it. Spurs will bottle it even harder. Liverpool will lose in a cup final.

Nah, no Newcastle, Southampton are no longer a bogey side and chelsea won't care about anything cos they would have won the league at that point.

>mfw this year we won't let it slip

In less than a month we will be top of the table. Screen cap this

They'll either finish 4th or 5th

>in under a month Liverpool will win all their games while the team on an 11 game win-streak will lose at least two and a draw

K E K

>Chelsea next five games
Bournemouth (H), Stoke (H), Spurs (A), Leicester (A), Hull (H) - Between 13 and 15 points, easily.
>Liverpool next five games
Stoke (H), City (H), Sunderland (A), Man United (A), Swansea (H)- 8-10 points, at best.

Approx points after next five games
Chelsea: 56-58
Liverpool: 45-47

Sorry pal, it's slipping again

Tottenham will do what they always do: overachieve, but do it in a way that makes people think they're underachieving.

They'll still find a way to finish behind Arsenal

Of course, because Arsenal are the most consistent team in the league. Every time Spurs have finished above Liverpool/United/City/Chelsea over the last 8 years or so, it was because one of those teams had some unusual collapse. Arsenal never have those, you can predict where they'll finish to within two places every single season without fail.

If Arsenal were to be relegated, I would expect Tottenham to cease to exist or crash out of the Premier League in some insane way.

I believe this is Spurs's year

It's our year once Kane starts firing we build on this solid defence and Eriksen pulling the strings. No champions league to distract either.

Come on you Spurs!

Lads, it's Tottenham

>lelverpool
>not letting it slip

>le "its Tottenham"
>le "they'll always choke" meme

It's not choking if they're not good enough in the first place. That is not a title worthy roster.

Leicester didn't have a title worthy roster and they still won the league.

And Tottenham now actually have a really good team. They've got a great goalkeeper, one of the best defenses in the league and some decent players up front. They're not Everton/Southampton-tier anymore, they're almost on par with Arsenal, Liverpool and City. They should definitely be challenging for that CL spot and they're probably the second biggest team in the Europa League after United.

>They're not Everton/Southampton-tier anymore, they're almost on par with Arsenal, Liverpool and City.

Which is bizarre because financially, they're closer to Everton than they are to Liverpool. I don't know if it's luck, incompetence by the richer teams, or clever management by Pochettinon and their director, but they really shouldn't be at this level.

The richer teams can afford to spend stupid amounts of money because they are rich. Money isn't directly proportional to quality (again, Leicester proved this last season).

Although the point I was making that they should be challenging for trophies at this point, whether it's the FA Cup, Europa League or even the EFL Cup. The main thing that the team lacks is mental strength, they're even worse than Arsenal in that regard. As a club, they can either finish 5th every season and say "b-but we overachieved" or they can actually win things.

>go wrong
that loss is the reason wenger is still at arsenal
sounds like it worked out in their favour to me

They have the best defense in the league. If we analyse it, there's no comparison. Lloris is arguably top 3 gk in the league and helped France to a final. Only de gay and courtois really compare in terms of quality, and most people would say lloris or de gay.

Centre back partnership for club and country, one does power runs, the other diagonal passes. Most clean sheets last season, no other CBs in the league are better than either of them. I dare you to name two, but you'd probably say Kosc and Luiz....

Rose is the best LB in the league, Walker is easily the best English RB. Both fast and winger/fullback hybrids.

Eric dier was probably the second best DM after Kante, but was a perfect shield for Tottenham's defense. Can play in front of a back 4 or as part of a back 3, the aforementioned players can also operate in this style.

It actually takes me back to United's defense 5 years ago in the CL final. Person for person they had

van der sar, valencia, ferdinand, vidic, evra with carrick shielding. Now I'm not saying Tottenham's defenders are this good, but they are almost like for like comparable.