worst golden simpson episode incoming

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homerpalooza
youtube.com/watch?v=LBPeKADIrIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't mind it.

>AND IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU TOO!

Agreed. This episode is complete shit.

Actually true. Those cool kids were pretty cool though.

awful episode of an amazing season but still relevant today poking fun at youth culture

You pathetic fucks that make these threads evey day probably were not even born when these episodes came out.

Which season was this from?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homerpalooza

cheers big ears

what's wrong with that episode? i liked it.

who cares

>ITT a bunch of narcs don't know about apple computers

>golden age
That's silver age, user.

the episode revolves around cameos and Homer's new found ability to be shot with cannonballs...

all Simpsons are golden that's their skin colour

so it's Homer At Bat: Music Edition?

In my eyes it gets a ton of leeway for Insane in the Membrane with the London Symphony Orchestra.

That and surgical 2x4.

90s hipster faggotry is hipster faggotry

It's closer to Dancin' Homer but worse

I couldn't get myself through it past 4 minutes, it was so cringeworthy and full of meaningless, obscure music references.

A strong contendant for the worst episode is, imo, Cape Feare.

I've never seen someone quite as retarded as you, how do you function?

Worst is when homer becomes a mascot

That episode is the greatest relic we'll ever have of 1996. You really had to be there.

You instantaneously destroyed me with your elaborate arguments.

Wasn't an argument.

You're retarded.

>If it's black, send it back. If it's brown drink it down.

>obscure music references.
>Cypress Hill
>Sonic Youth
>obscure
I don't even like these bands but you are literally retarded.

I like it

I wish Simpson threads would go back to Sup Forums
I haven't watched the show in 15 years and all the shit they've put out since then has basically made me hate even the old episodes.

>doesn't like Cape Feare
>expects to be taken seriously

pick uno

This post triggers me. Do you honestly believe Cape Feare was the worst episode or are you just trolling?

Please explain your reasoning for hating literally the best slideshow bob episode.

Hey cmon man people born after 98 literally have no idea who these bands are.

They should shut the fuck up then.

>obscure music references
this better be bait

why is american music so atrocious

HAAATE CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES

Where's the narc?

just looking for a simpsons thread. Watching it all, in an episode in season one. There was a joke I never got as a kid and I just got it.
Marge and Homer are thinking of shipping Bart to France. They say they don't think he'll like it.
Next scene: Bart says "The life of a frog, that's the life for me"
I burst out laughing

Are you 12?

>tumblr reaction picture

fuck off you stupid cunt

>What computers?

Yeah, it's definitely an episode that hasn't aged well.

Is there a good torrent of ALL the simpsons episodes aired until now? I need something to play on the other screen while I shitpost, program etc.

streamed on Kisspanda
That's what I'm watching on right now.

Does Bart ever speak French again?
Stopped watching about season 13

you're crazier than jared leto

>Got any messages for Jimi Hendrix?

>the episode revolves around cameos and Homer's new found ability to be shot with cannonballs

>The simpsons have cameos

woah....

You people don't watch the simpsons that much. Homer fell down 5 story cliff and still survived. He even went to space! Now you want to question his abilities? Homer is the every-man

How does that invalidate our opinion?

>muh seniority

Go spend time with your family, please.

You know whats fun, the things they portrayed there as modern are as obscure now as Homers choice of music back then. Cypress Hill is just as obscure to teens now as Grandfunk Railroad was to teens then.

>How does that invalidate our opinion?

If you get get or lived through the cultural backgroud, what makes your opinion just as strong ?

>muh mature 4 muh age

Christ, what a fucking unfunny show.

>teens

Who gives a fuck about those faggots

I think the worst episode of golden Simpsons was the clip show about love. I think it was in the 3rd or 4th season but it included clips from like 2 episodes earlier of that same season and just felt lazy as fuck.

Considering by comparison you're halfway through the April fools episode before you realise it's a clip show

>cypress hill
>sonic youth

Literally who?

>cape feare
>bad

>Homer's new found ability to be shot with cannonballs...

It was an obvious reference to Frank Richards. The a short version of this film clip was widely used on MTV at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBPeKADIrIc

Lollapalooza in it's early days was famous for it's "alternative freak shows" that accompanied the musical talent. This is one of the things that set it apart from the other music festivals of the era.

I can see how the episode seems "LOLSORANDOM" to people under 25 watching it today, but this episode fucking nailed it when it came to Laollaplooza and the hype behind it at the time.

All the musical guests that episode had performed at the festival. They were not random or "obscure" either.

>Middle-aged Grampa: What the Hell are you two doin'?

>Young Barney: It's called rockin' out!

>Young Homer: You wouldn't understan', dad. You're not *with it*.

>Middle-aged Grampa: I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you...

And that same episode had this little gem of music history:

>Homer: Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson airplane, which cleared the way for Jefferson starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.

Does that even count as "golden"? It was really on the cusp of the Dork Age.

pretty dated now

I was with you until you pooped on Cape Feare which is one of the most Simpsons kinos to exist

Some people count season 10 as the "classic era"

If s10 is classic, then the worst episode is The Old man and the c student. Complain about the Principal and the pauper all you want, this is the one that actually destroyed Skinner's character. He gave Bart of all people a showcase, which is unusually dim for his character, and later punches Springy-Homer in the face for what Bart did, which is retarded and out of character?

Also, Jack lalanne's cameo is cringy and pointless

Wasn't getting shot with a cannon a common circus trick? It's not just this one guy

I kinda agree.

And why were Bart and Lisa randomly so nasty in this episode?

>That part with the boat and the springs

It's amazing how unSimpsonslike that moment is

Also why was Nelson singing in the choir?

Well, season 10 as a whole felt very much like the show was teetering on a cliff

Because Homer was trying so hard to remain cool.

Nobody likes *that* parent.

>asn't getting shot with a cannon a common circus trick?

No that is "getting shot out of a cannon". Every circus had that.

Being shot with a cannon is a freakshow feat. The old version of the freakshow act invited anyone i nthe crowd to punch them in the gun, or with them with a wooden mallet i nthe gut. The cannonball act was "new" when Richards did it.

By this point Nelson has basically transitioned from Bart's nemesis to part of the Simpson kids clique.

You're just saying that to be edgy and irreverant. Cape Feare is one of the best episodes.

>punch them in the gun
America please

It's not just that

Bart and Lisa are written like adults that seem to know EVERYTHING about teenagers (despite only being kids)

Bart especially has a dumb moment with Homer wearing a Rastafarian hat. What the fuck does he care?

>A strong contendant for the worst episode is, imo, Cape Feare.
Niggas get shanked for talkin shit like that in my neighborhood

>Karma man
>Ohh, I get it

>Some people count season 10 as the "classic era"

no they don't. Season 8 is the end of that. Season 9 is still great but not classic.

>these are the people who say the Simpsons sucks

>Dad, you're embarrassing us
>No I'm not

Pretty much every kid goes through something like this with their parents

I distinctly remember the homerpalooza episode being the first one where they used a really nasty fluorescent yellow on the characters. It was the first episode where I started noticing a slight decline.

everything in the 10th season is uncomfortable animation/style to plot and character development

>it's the episode with the most guest appearances

>All of the new epsiodes are just back to back guest appearances

What a surprise

You kids don't know Grand Funk? The wild shirtless lyrics of Mark Farner? The bong-rattling bass of Mel Schacher? The competent drumwork of Don Brewer? Oh, man!

It's not to say there aren't good episodes with guest appearances though. But the good ones tend to have the guests fit the plot, rather than the plot fit the guests, right?

as a huge smashing pumpkins fan it was always neat seeing them animated
and the "homer simpson, smiling politely" joke always gets me

Whatever, narc

But it still feels strange that it was animated right before Billy went bald

>not liking the episode with Homer as an absolute madman

DAAAAARRRRYYYYYLLLLL

DAAAAAAAARRRYYYYYLLLLLL

Include me in the Screencap senpai, this fucker literally doesn't know anything.