Katy Perry to beat patriarchy

>Katy Perry Is Leaving Her Cutesy Style Behind Going Political
>for the singer, message is everything, “I’ve seen behind the curtain,” she says, “and I can’t go back, I used to be the queen of innuendo, everything done with a wink,” she adds, “Now I want to be the queen of subtext—which is a cousin to innuendo, but it’s got more purpose"
>Misogyny and sexism were in my childhood, I have an issue with suppressive males
>we can’t ever get that stagnant again, I am so grateful that young people know the names of senators, I think teenage girls are going to save the world!

Queen. Are you ready for her liberated, political, feminist and purposeful new album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPI-mRFEIH0
youtube.com/watch?v=EUo4pe5eMbY
youtube.com/watch?v=zeu2tI-tqvs
edition.cnn.com/2017/05/01/entertainment/katy-perry-obama-joke/index.html
complex.com/music/2017/05/mano-says-katy-perry-called-him-n-word-in-paris
youtu.be/tAp9BKosZXs
youtube.com/watch?v=rmFMiDGIgRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Upvote this post if you hate women

If only her new singles reflected what those quotes said, and if only they actually sounded good

Her last slightly enjoyable song was Wide Awake. She might've been a basic bitch during the Teenage Dream era but at least her music was fun and didn't make me either cringe or want to fall asleep.

she is trash
youtube.com/watch?v=dPI-mRFEIH0

How old is this woman? Isn't she like 35 or something?

When you want smart political protest music you simply can't beat a white girl who dropped out of high school and became a millionaire in her late teens

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS

She said that song was about sexual liberation.

I know right! She is already flopping but at least stand behind your word and make a statement (right or wrong) instead of vague messages like "so comfortable we live in a buuble bubble, so comfortable we cannot see the trouble trouble"

Fuck man, I miss the Teenage Dream era. I legit liked Firework and California Girls. Sure the shit was basic but it was incredibly light hearted and fun and reflected the time period well.

Shit going back to 2011 in general just sounds great

California Girls, Last Friday Night, Teenage Dream, and The One That Got Away were all the shit.

Pop music in general in the early 2010s was more fun and enjoyable than the boring melodramatic shit in the Top 40 right now.

so did her and miley agree to switch roles? thank fuck i don't listen to any of this

I honestly wish Clinton had won JUST so everyone would be in a better mood. I feel like the entire music community has just lost their mind since the election and been putting out all this trash reactionary music.

Thing is, Miley was 20 when she entered that phase, kinda normal for someone at that age, Katy is a 33 year old woman so it is just sad.

>This is my first year of irrelevancy since becoming a soulless pop sellout, so I'm switching my image to ((hopefully)) salvage part of my old fanbase

Very interesting stuff, Ms. Perry.

Well, she just sucked thousands of dicks and present herself as a prostitute years ago
And dont forget that all his songs are made by SUPERIOR WHITE MAN.

BECK-FU

what is wrong with her?
youtube.com/watch?v=EUo4pe5eMbY

Shes white, blacks will turn on her quickly

I don't care about any of the SJW or feminism stuff. I'm not a Sup Forumsfag at all.

That said, she's such a fucking phony. Dick riding the "woke" meme to try and stay relevant.

YAAAAASSSSSSS SLAY QUEEN

Was she always such a bad performer. Even at peak craziness Gaga was still able to pull them off
youtube.com/watch?v=zeu2tI-tqvs

>I honestly wish Clinton had won JUST so everyone would be in a better mood. I feel like the entire music community has just lost their mind since the election and been putting out all this trash reactionary music

This is new? How many anti-Reagan punk songs were there again.

Weren't all those songs underground tunes you never heard on the radio?

Pure trash. What is she even doing?

Reminder that KP is mentally vacant "no borders" memer

failing career had to cater to ssjws and feminist to stay relevant
sad

Well, SJWs already turned on her:

edition.cnn.com/2017/05/01/entertainment/katy-perry-obama-joke/index.html

Too bad because her new music was made to cater to them, now there's noone to buy her crap.

woke

All pop songs suck at this point. It seems like the creativity has run out. That or the fact that there are only like four or five music executives, most pop "artists" don't even write their own songs, they use algorithms to determine the best song, and they all sound the same when broken down to the chords.

Pop music was never good and it was always paint-by-numbers from time immemorial.

Is this wrestling now? They literally took her out of the limelight for a while and brought her back with a new look and gimmick

>I honestly wish Clinton had won JUST so everyone would be in a better mood.
oh fuck off

She went from zero...

To her own hero...

Yes, this is a real Katy Parry lyric.

I want to lick katy's pits

She's doing a Pink. Dead career walking.

JUST

>no armpit hair
shit taste

>I think teenage girls are going to save the world!

>goes and makes a song/music video about getting her pussy ate

great role model. real thought provoking, political subtext.

the kiss at the end, gaga a cute

Defeat the patriarchy by hiring a bunch of dudes to produce

WHAT FUCKING SEXISM

WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT

NONE OF THESE PEOPLE CAN EVER PRODUCE A TANGIBLE EXAMPLE

WHAT SEXISM HAS THE TEENAGE GOSPEL SINGER TURNED SEXUALIZED POP STAR WITH A NET WORTH OF 300 MILLION DOLLARS EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH

IF THE MODERN AMERICAN WOMEN IS THIS OPPRESSED IS NOT EVERYBODY ELSE TO ENORMOUSLY BIGGER MAGNITUDES. FOR EXAMPLE, WOMEN IN EVERY OTHER COUNTRY BUT AMERICA

>starting to get ugly
the patriarchy !

>getting mad that a human psyop project isn't a good role model for young teenagers

Yeah I don't think American women in the 21st century need any more sexual liberation

Yeah people seem to forget that this happens any time there's a Republican president and to pay it no mind whatsoever.

>I honestly wish Clinton had won JUST so everyone would be in a better mood.

lol did a woman write this post?

what a ridiculous housewife rube thing to say

has there ever been a bigger fraud in pop music? holy shit

She can't sing live ffs
fucking Liam Gallagher gave a better vocal performance at OneLoveManchester..

i wish i hadnt seen her tumblr crazed bullshit comments coz now i really dont wanna listen to her shit music anymore

reminder that when singers go "political" you should just walk away, its cringy and pathetic as fuck. she can sing but god damn shes stupid as fuck otherwise

she's drunk on fame. she will do or say anything to stay in the spotlight.... at 33, she should be thinking about having kids now before it is too late... she will regret it later if she doesnt

shes strong independent woman high on privilege so katy perrys not having kids at all to trigger sexist males :^) i hope she gets castrated with pills. fucking filthy jew vocalist

All Sup Forums shitposting aside mainstream pop is misogynistic as fuck

But these pop starts don't complain about it until they become multi-millioners. When they are set for life, they suddenly get "woke".

complex.com/music/2017/05/mano-says-katy-perry-called-him-n-word-in-paris

what did he mean by this

how so? I'm not debating you, I just don't listen to top 40 stuff.

women singing lyrics written by men about how women want to fuck lots of men
also I agree with this, but everyone already knows most pop stars are fake as shit and just doing it to appeal to a more "mature" audience

i want her to dominate me

oh yeah and the part where her breakthrough song revolved around lesbian interactions being a fucking novelty

youtu.be/tAp9BKosZXs

not that a give a shit but the track record ain't looking so good

she's still around? sad

really don't think that constitutes "misogynistic as fuck" but alright

i can kind of fap to this

>she can sing
I think you're the stupid one.

Literally conceived and written by her PR team.

Her entire politics and sympathies are purely a big PR fucking farce.

how has no one mentioned that she was married to russell brand? that is easily the most concerning fact of her life

youtube.com/watch?v=rmFMiDGIgRc

We are stagnating at levels we've never seen before
mainly because everybody is fucktard narcissist who wants instant gratification

You're almost definitely correct.

I can't wait for Trump's presidency to be over just so I can listen to comedy again, it's insufferable at this point

your position is that the trump presidency has ruined comedy?

>Achieve fame as a bimbo who sings about partying and hookups
>Sex appeal starts to fade
>180s into "we want the bitchy feminist demographic"
I'm sure this will be successful.
Multimillionaire limousine liberals condescending to young Americans cost the Dems huge numbers of votes. She (and her handlers) are completely out of touch with what key demos want.

Of course not entirely (I find the snl Sean Spicer stuff decently entertaining), but it doesn't help when everyone and their grandmother has a joke about something so obvious. Especially when no name comedians are approaching it as if they're actually making a difference or doing something edgy

i see your point but those types of comedians would never do anything good anyway

IT'S ALL A POORLY EXECUTED MARKETING PLOY, WHO GIVES A DINGLE

It's not really a 180 given that she caters to the feminist slut demographic, not actual feminists.

I agree about the no-names, but the thing is it's creeped into the bigger acts like Chapelle (who I'll admit do a better job of not just saying "dood, Trump") but ultimately they're still spending 10 minutes of their special on essentially on the same topic as every other comedian or satire production on the planet. In my mind it's analogous to some 20 year old joking about christianity in 2017, the edge of that has worn dull and frankly you're just telling jokes that 90% of your crowd agrees with from your opening line. I'll just say that I've yet to see a truly brilliant joke about Trump and the more time everybody spends trying to find it is just going to poison the well

What is the meaning of her new album cover?

An album about her whispering eye

This. She is no longer viable for reproduction, so she must stay relevant.

too bad shes literally made videos in black face and pretended to be an egyptian god and then also done a video where she plays a "noble american soldier" killing people in the middle east.

I have no eyes but I must scream

It's just the new marketing thing.

>strong women v. patriarchy

You'll see it for the next few years. It's just whatever her PR team comes up with to stay relevant. Trump gives them the best narrative ever.

this

True, everybody wants that validation of "fuck he/she is so smart and aware" instead of just writing a good joke

>I used to be the queen of innuendo, everything done with a wink,” she adds, “Now I want to be the queen of subtext—which is a cousin to innuendo, but it’s got more purpose"
this sounds wrong but I don't know enough about language to correct her

she and her marketing team are fucking retarded that's all you need to know

I forever associate 2011 with Foster the People. What happened to albums like those, now we have 21 pilots and people constantly, endlessly, singing melodramatically about issues with working and living.

We're truly entered the Faustian winter.

>Trump won so I'm going to degrade myself in an act of masochism.

That'll show em.

>Prayed to the sky father every night for large breasts

LMAO now I can go around fucking whoever I want whenever I want.

Men who act like this are called pigs.

>Men who act like this are called pigs.
by who? by you?

No shit, Sherlock. Trump is the living personification of Anti-Funny.

Our country literally has prostate cancer and we must do something before we fuckin' succumb to it.

What did she mean by this?

feels good knowing I could still beat her up while on dxm with my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded

Plenty of women would call actively promiscuous alpha Chads pigs. Men would be less likely to hold this view I guess. Plenty of men and women would call promiscuous Stacys sluts.

Admittedly the people Perry is trying to appeal to just want everybody to just be fucking everybody else all the time.

I'd call men who prioritize getting laid as much as possible pigs, sex is for people who are in love and committed to each other. Since you asked.

t.Prude

She had a born again christian upbringing. I'm not surprised it took longer.

yeah, that's what I thought.

i love strong female role models that exist solely to titillate teenage boys, impose unrealistic beauty standards on preteen girls, and make rich white executives even richer #staywoke

this

the most genius move the music industry ever made was convincing top 40 artists and hipsters that liking their manufactured board-room music product was 'edgy' and 'political'

just look at how up Beyonce's ass everyone is

So who's the sexy genuine guy on here that will be willing to leak this motherfucking album? You'll get many, many brojobs and blowjobs.

just ripping off earlier work in woke-core