What are some movies that are highly praised and you could actually understand why but just hated?

What are some movies that are highly praised and you could actually understand why but just hated?

everything this pretentious overachieving hack makes

DUDE FAKE ART LMAO

Citizen Kane. The only reason it's so praised is because the shoehorned "metaphors" and "symbolism" are so entry-level, plebs can pat themselves on the back for "getting" a "deep" movie.

stay mad Argie :D

Nymphomaniac, it was filled with little moments that seemed to be von Trier patting himself on the back for being so edgy. It just came off as kind of pretentious and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Taxi Driver
Everything was perfect and coherent, but for the love of god I was so bored.
Maybe another time.

Kill yourself

You first :^)

Mad Max Fury Road
Yes, the technical aspects are very impressive, but I still prefer Road Warrior.

this this this

I agree

TDK trilogy.

ghostbusters

I understand the sentiment behind this post but have you seen Babel? I can't stand most of his work but Babel I think worked really well for the most part. It feels like the weirder elements in that movie were there to humanise the characters rather than gain eccentricity points.

This but also for Road Warrior.

Why don't more people acknowledge the first movie?

No, it's mostly praised because it featured a lot of innovations of the way stories were told in movies. I don't think I ever saw it praised for its story.

The Dark Knight and Titanic. I didn't "hate" Dark Knight, but it sure didn't live up to the hype.

Cool hand Luke
Forrest Gump

It's quite boring at times, but it paves the way for Road Warrior which is awesome.

The big Lebowski, only that I don't see why it is praised in the first place since its a try hard lol so random piece of shit.

>It's quote boring at times
fucking pleb

Its not random, the story is just very simple and unbelievable. Thats part of its charm

Are you just mad because you will never achieve anything even close to what he has achieved?

all the starwars movies. I don't even understand why people like them, they are just bad.

The FACT is there are NO good films at all. I have never seen a film which is (at best) a 4.9/10. Films are derivative by their very nature. The only two mediums which allow the participant to become fully immersed and thereby reward both emotionally and intellectually are video games and literature. I am 17 and have yet to see a movie which is better than its trailer or poster.

Wow, you sure showed....

Actually what the fuck is the point of this post?

Blade Runner

Now you're getting it. That is a really bad movie, poorly filmed, poorly acted, nothing memerable and only fit for people who post on reddit, tumblr, 9fag. I like you and want to cum inside your mind.

The film I hate most is Shawshank Redemption. It it literally a meme movie.

Fact you are a narcissist and autistic teenage faggot.

Reported for underage too :)

I think you had to be a kid when the originals came out, to really have a love for them. To be fair, the first two film did break ground in that they combined sci fi with fantasy, and action adventure in a way that the entire family could enjoy. They set a new benchmark. They are super corny. Any one thinking the shitty dialog in episode 2 was unique to the series, needs to rewatch the originals. There is some very laughable dialog and bad acting in the originals.