en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nusantara
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Java
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srivijaya#Decline
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Singapura#Legacy
vimeo.com/51375753
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orang_laut
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_the_Baltic_states#Citizenship
exhentai.org/g/1046977/d2a5bd0f98/
abc.net.au/news/2017-04-06/victorian-tourist-attractions-hit-by-credit-card-scam/8421386
sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/11/21/we-are-living-dog-explosion-malaysians-seeking-asylum-australia
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/6316612/Malaysians-left-stateless-in-UK-after-passport-gamble-backfires.html
memrise.com/courses/english/thai/
ankiweb.net/shared/decks/thai
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/sea/, i'll try polyphasic sleep so i can shitospt more

what am i being gotten into?

>Pee Mak
there's something in the movie I find extremely entertaining.

ជំរាបសួរ
สวัสดี
ສະບາຍດີ
ဟလို
ꦱꦸꦒꦼꦁꦫꦮꦸꦃ

I want to write more asean greetings but Kawi (for Malay) and Babayin (for Tagalog) doesn't display :(

because nobody know it

Aksara Kawi is neat desu.

Like other SE Asians scripts they transliterate to Sanskrit to preserve Sanskrit spellings.

I think even Tagalog used Kawi alongside Kawi for more complex words. Maybe mixed script like Japan

Because you're Nip, do you think chữ Nôm look like kanji on terror?

Tbh Vietnam should have made its own Kanji derived script like Zhuyin or Kana.

And use Chu Mom for basic words and names.

But the Latin "script" you made is an abomination to look at

Chu nom also seems more consistent than Chinese. The phonetics & meaning pattern seems very consistent

>ꦱꦸꦒꦼꦁꦫꦮꦸꦃ
I see this script for the first time

It is Javanese script. The child of Kawi script used in the Malay world.

Im pretty sure you can write Malay and Indonesian using that script but they rather use Latin for some cucked reason lol

Well, I don't know about that Kawi script, but I'm quite sure that Rumi fits Malay much better than Jawi.

Whats Rumi?

it's a Malay/Indonesian term for the Latin script

desu Flips, Indons, and Malaysians are an embarassment

>Im pretty sure you can write Malay and Indonesian using that script but they rather use Latin for some cucked reason lol
>implying that script is practical after 13th century
>implying we use that script except some we wuz Javanese
We use Jawi as in J, stupid Jap.

>given one chance to annex chink
>fucked it up
Two nukes won't enough.

Im Siamese

xchange student

>Malay
Since administration is already in english might as well use latin since 60% of the country is chinese or indians who cannot write in jawi.
>Indonesia
I recall some old scripts being used up to WW2 but its easier to use latin instead of teaching script used only in Java island to the thousands of islands.
Besides literally only one document of such script survives, its just not practical.
sabrizain.org/malaya/library/tanjungtanah.pdf
>Rumi fits Malay much better than Jawi.
Nope, some noises can only be conveyed by jawi but latin script is functional enough for administration purposes.
I lost count of how much kiwis and germans butchered my name due to incorrect pronunciation.
>use apostrophe in my name as substitute for the alphabet ع
>The electricity bills put / instead.
AAAAAAA

Kawi script fits Malay better than Jawi

>not taking accounts the literacy rates are much higher after Jawi were introduced than that Rencong
It was replaced for a reason.

>Nope, some noises can only be conveyed by jawi but latin script is functional enough for administration purposes.
Every sound can be conveyed using the Latin script while scripts based on the Arabic script have problems with denoting short vowels, therefore they don't fit Indo-European, Turkic or Austronesian languages very well. Only alternative Semitic languages fit abjads.

Nope. You don't understand. Latin script makes Malay sound words much longer to be written.

Nobody sane would bother sending tons of linguist to search the piles of manuscript taken by the Bongs to revive a script that has been dead for 500 years when the country is only 60% Malays at most.
Besides some chinese and indians can't even converse in Malay since they live in their bubble their entire lives and communication had to be done in butchered english called manglish.

Because it doesn't convey all short vowels, yes? Of course, if I take a word like "makan" and remove vowels creating "mkn" it allows me to write faster, but anyone who tries to read this word may have problems with filling the gaps between the consonants. In Arabic this system makes sense since they have those consonant roots and they use alternations to create new meanings based on those roots (the root KTB may "produce" words like KiTaB, YaKTuBu, etc.), but Austronesian languages don't work in this way.

>anyone who tries to read this word may have problems
That's the point. Foreigners are not supposed to know our secrets.
This language doesn't meant to be written in the first place. Please bear that in mind.

I checked it a moment ago, and it seems that Jawi denotes more vowels that I thought, but still there are many words like:
مندمباکن
in Rumi it's:
mendambakan
but using that Arabic-like way one could write:
mndmbakn
Today it may be easy to "fill the gaps", but what if some Malaysian reader tries to decipher it after - lets say - 200 years?

Anyway, Jawi looks great. Are there still published newspapers in this script?

I thought Malaysia had a Malay-Ethnic Nationalist regime ?

>published newspapers
newspapers published*, maaf

Kawi has more vowels and resembles scripts of other native neighbors like Thailand and Cambodia

They should revive Kawi desu

Wouldn't it be hard having a tather multiethnic population?

They have a Orang Asli native first policy I believe

So it's like Indian scripts? Yea, just check Urdu and Hindi, when they write the same word using Devanagari one can read it with almost 100% accuracy, but when it's written in Nastaliq reading becomes much harder.

Does your native writing system work in the same way as Indian scripts or Kawi?

>what if some Malaysian reader tries to decipher it after - lets say - 200 years?
No. It's already a dead/extinct language by then (within 30 years from now). Everything will be replaced by chink/anglo.

>Are there still published newspapers in this script?
None. It's irrelevant nowadays.

>inb4 why don't save your language
No, just let the secret dies and lost in time. Nothing worthy to mention. If one wants to be relevant, they have to ditch the old culture.
Just have to trust Indonesian to keep the language alive then, whereas Malaysian becoming robot and soulless being as time goes by.

Hanacaraka > rest

Aha, ok.

Like I say before I'm Thai

อิ อี อุ ฮู

In Thai and other Southeast Asian/ Indian scripts the vowels go to the left, right, top, and bottom

There also are extra letters with same sounds to transcribe Sanskrit loanwords.

Like how in English you have C and K

Same for Kawi and Balinese and Javanese

More like bumiputera policy. Anyone who isn't Islam and Malay is not bumiputera. Orang asli or nigger isn't bumiputera in this case.

In Indonesia, it's more like Javanese first, the rest second. Non-Javanese are abandoned in most case.

Don't lie you stupid weeb. Borneoans like Kadazan, Iban etc are part of Bumiputera. Even Siamese is considered Bumiputera.

Well you have to take care of the majority first, isn't it?

>No. It's already a dead/extinct language by then (within 30 years from now). Everything will be replaced by chink/anglo.
Seriously? I thought that Malay has rather bright future because it is an official language for so many speakers.

>No, just let the secret dies and lost in time. Nothing worthy to mention.
I don't know why you are writing this, I find Malay/Indonesian to be very hmm... elegant. Some people learn meme-languages like Esperanto, but Malay would work much better as some kind of universal language due to its "clear" phonetics and grammar. In my native language even basic words like "two" have tens of forms one has to master to use them in various aspects. English doesn't have it, but it has complex tenses and irregular spelling, while Malay seems to be very logical in this regard.

It's because Javanese is the uber race.

Only Utusan Melayu which is now weekly, you need to download their app at google play.
The ruling coalition yes but it also includes chinese and indian party in it plus vernacular education exists here so if you are chinese you go to chinese schools where everything including malay is taught in mandarin and the same for indians then proceed to live with your own race. Only some choose to send their kids to malay medium national schools.
The chinese even have their own education society outside of the ministry of education called Dong Zong where they use China/Taiwan based syllabus.
The govt tried to push for malay & english focus but couldn't since its islamic malay supremacist racist for the ministry of education to encourage malay language.
The concept of assimilation doesn't exist here hence the 3-4 subtitles in cinema and tv.

>In Thai and other Southeast Asian/ Indian scripts the vowels go to the left, right, top, and bottom
Yea, I know how it works, I can read Devanagari, but I wasn't sure if the Thai script works in the same way. It's very precise, actually, one western linguist even used this method to create scripts for North Canadian Eskimos: ᖃᓂᐅᔮᖅᐸᐃᑦ

BTW, doesn't Thai use tones? If yes, then how do you denote them in your script?

Sumatrafag here
What's the differences of Central Javanese, East Javanese and Madura? I've been told that the people are different but can't find out why

Hey, when you cook rice how many times do you wash it? Mia familia likes it really, really white so I wash it for 3-4 times.

Its power level

>elder-god tier
Jogjakarta

>good tier
Central Javanese

>not as based as it's used too tier
East Javanese

>need to be gased tier
Madura

>Seriously? I thought that Malay has rather bright future because it is an official language for so many speakers.
Not for long, I afraid. Better learn Indonesian. Malay language won't survive within 30 years from now. Even local studies shows that the declining rates of Malay speaker in favor of English; specifically the retarded version of Manglish. Flipland now is what our new language future would be.

>I find Malay/Indonesian to be very hmm... elegant. Some people learn meme-languages like Esperanto, but Malay would work much better as some kind of universal language due to its "clear" phonetics and grammar. In my native language even basic words like "two" have tens of forms one has to master to use them in various aspects. English doesn't have it, but it has complex tenses and irregular spelling, while Malay seems to be very logical in this regard.
It was. Well, irrelevant one will be replaced by relevant ones. Saving this language is just waste of time, energy and money. After all that's been done to promote this language in global arena, outsiders will just learn the Indonesian version of Malay because they have more resources, more population and more relevant. No one (normies) can point out Malaysia in the map in the first try properly. They can point out Indonesia quite easily.

I think it's time to give up.

>javanigger
>uber

the best bullshit i ever heard today
call me again when they are not into "jakartanian dream" slavery or some raden shit anymore

>butthurted non-javanese

youtu.be/6qFDAtcNUGc

reminder that the Javanese is the most powerful race in south east asia:
- While other island niggers are nigging like the nigger they are, the Javanese build cities, temples, civilisation and empires
- Conquer most of south east asia, from Java up to present day Cambodia
- Kingdoms of mainland Indochina, including the Angkor and Khmer empire are descended from the Javanese en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Empire#Formation_and_growth
- Create the largest Buddhist temple in the world en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borobudur
- Unite the Nusantara en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nusantara
- BTFO Mongol scum en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Java
- BTFO Malay Srivijayans so hard they have to run from Sumatera to Malaya en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srivijaya#Decline
- literally destroy and massacre the entire medieval Singapore en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Singapura#Legacy
- True culture creator: Wayang, Gamelan, Batik, Kebaya, Keris, etc? all originated from Java. if your ethnic have them, they're just cheap copy of superior Javanese creation (this goes to Malays, Singaporeans, and Bruneians)
- Indonesia=Javanesia, Indonesia is a Javanese country, if you're non Javanese Indonesian, you're a second class citizen, an inferior creature, a wong daerah, we laugh at you spouting Bhineka Tunggal Ika thinking its diversity motto while in truth its religious tenet from Majapahit empire, affirming your obedience to the Javanese race
- The Javanese are not Austronesians, but Austroasians/Indochina genetically, thus superior from island nigger

Reminder that while you jungle nigger are busy doing jungle thing like eating people or doing jungle dance or some shit we're laughing at you while doing civilised things like listening to refined gamelan music and watching Wayang reenactment of tales of Ajisaka, our glorious ancestor

JAV-nese is the one of indon untermensch

Just genocide chinks or deport them back to mainland China/Australia.

>I think it's time to give up.
Well, in my part of Europe even very small nationalities like Estonians or Lithuanians care about their languages, so I don't think that everything must be lost for a language that has so many speakers as Malay, but OK, you know better as someone who lives there.

Indonesian yes but Malay language only has 30million at most assuming the other ethnics can speak them which is going down since they are educated in their own language ,live among themselves and some either hate Malays or consider them inferior due to 'muh 5000years of heritage we wuz emperors'.
Its time for us to let go and preserve the language for 1-2 generations tops before we went dodo.
At least half the existing Malay manuscripts is still stored in the UK if anyone bothers with them.
2-3 times
>they're just cheap copy of superior Javanese creation (this goes to Malays
Wait,that's not what my Ministry of Tourism told me about Malaysian OC.

>MUH majapahit

reminder there is no majapahit because majaphit is only a name, just to show a shit friendship of javnigger small kingdoms

vimeo.com/51375753
Which one in your opinion have the best sounding?
The gray uniform is malay.
The brown uniform is indon.
Also
>pict related
What did he mean by this?

Do you guys have Austronesian sea nomad genes?

My ancestor was merchant chink :^)

But how exactly us to do that? How do you kill something that's soulless and practically have a huge advantage on resources? Using law? They can just evade it by running away and attack it from oversea.

>Well, in my part of Europe even very small nationalities like Estonians or Lithuanians care about their languages, so I don't think that everything must be lost for a language that has so many speakers as Malay.
>so many speakers
Indonesian's Malay, I'd assume. If you'd like to save this language, specifically in Malaysia, what would you do? I've exhausted all of my ideas.
(I'm actually an independent Malay language writer/researcher who writes articles in media columns, but I prefer to be anonymous here, so, no pen name reveal)

Peninsula Malays are basically Austronesian sea nomads
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orang_laut
Unless Siam raped every Malay during the various invasion to the south of course.

In my opinion both sound well, I think that Indonesians roll their "r" stronger, but I'm not sure, it may be only my impression. Still, there is some serious whitewashing in this cartoon, it would be banned in Sweden.

Have faith, brother. I will go nuclear before things becomes fubar. The name Malay will echo through out the four corners of the world, for better or for worst

>Indonesian's Malay, I'd assume. If you'd like to save this language, specifically in Malaysia, what would you do? I've exhausted all of my ideas.
I don't know, but read something about Latvia or even better - about Estonia. Both countries are very small amd they have large Russian minorities (in Latvia it's about 1/4-1/5 of population, if I remember correctly), but they strongly defend their languages to the point when they don't recognise Russians living there as full citizens, because they don't speak Latvian/Estonian. They require various exams etc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_the_Baltic_states#Citizenship

Jedi is that you?
How did you get a proxy and internet from Syria?
I thought the police already dismantled your cell.
Our constitution were made by Bongs and compromise were made as condition for independence.
The price of freedom.

excuse me um can anyone help me? I want to watch the Lotte Giants game tonight but I don't know how

exhentai.org/g/1046977/d2a5bd0f98/

lad

Takiyo Genjik

abc.net.au/news/2017-04-06/victorian-tourist-attractions-hit-by-credit-card-scam/8421386

Australia is ripe for criminal activity. Authorities can't even stop a basic credit card scam. I'm posting this here because 90% or more of the criminals in Australia are from Asia. Informing the appropriate demographic if you catch my drift. Almost like saying 'Fuck Asians', if you catch my drift.

That's because you're too gullible

sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/11/21/we-are-living-dog-explosion-malaysians-seeking-asylum-australia

asians are so fucking ugly
no wonder your women don't want your tiny shriveled up brown dicks

PLEASE

We use tone marks such as pic related on top of word

อ่ อ๋ etc

Interesting thing is the อ๋ tone with the + symbol only came after Chinese immigrants. It's now a native tone.

That's why that symbol is rarely used and mostly used for names for Chinese food etc

oh yeah we totally going to stop criminal activity because of some link. Australia can burn for all I care

I eat sticky rice

It doesn't work like that Vietnam
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/6316612/Malaysians-left-stateless-in-UK-after-passport-gamble-backfires.html
>Tear Malaysian passport on media to spite us and it backfired
>Had to be illegal immigrant washing dishes
Then few years later we forgive them and gave them citizenship again.

>javanese
>dumb animuposter

Palembang was great.

Em malays even extended thier empire into southern Thailand

Pic related is srivijaya style Buddhist temple in Southern Thailand (Chaiya)

I fixed Southeast Asia for you faggots

Do you have any good resources for me to start learning Thai? I studied a little bit of Tagalog but I don't think I'm going to Philippines any time soon. My hometown is in Kelantan so learning Thai might be more beneficial if I decide to visit Thailand.

Thank you kindly :).

wtf i love malaysia now

Also for additional keks
>Muh stateless gib British citizenship
>Writes protest in chinese
>Deleting Laos
Oh boy you have done it now.

ok, thx

How do any of you Indoanons and other aseanfags view the border control and refugee immigration policy Australia has for the "boat people". Apparently we have controlled water space right up into indonesia's cunt and other shit.

>this happen
>Khmers immediately outnumbered by Vietnamese

WTF we can annex Cambodia now.

Aren't Lao and Thai the same people? Even their language is mutually intelligible.

Nigga I'm from Northeast Thailand. Understand Lao 100%.

My surname even means Vientiane (capital of Laos)

Lao identity is just made by the French.

Back then Thai people's were divided into 3 major kingdoms (Siam, Lan Chang, Lan Nā)

Lao is rightful Thai clay. So is Shan state Burma

Or it can prosper while Malaysia continues it's stellar career in mediocrity

The hardest thing about Thai is spelling.

Also the tones. Keep in mind that Thai spelling preserves that Sanskrit spelling.

The Thai word for alphabet pronounced "Akson" is spelled "Aksara" in Thai for example.

Why japbros are such a dick?

>signboard still in chinese
They don't even try do they

Hey. this means that there're three Austroasiatic states now.

memrise.com/courses/english/thai/
ankiweb.net/shared/decks/thai

Just don't mistake our flag for murrica and shoot our airliner with SA-2 SAM in the process okay?
I mean our French hardcore fan of Laos.
>Dumping glorious heritage for barbarian gweilo culture

??

Thanks

Kinhs, Mons and Khmers all speak Austroasiatic languages, although none is close to each other (basically like Welsh to English to Hindi).

RIP Mon people. They used to dominate mainland asean.

Segenting Kera is Malaysian as well, then this map will be complete.

Why are Asian guys so cute?

t. wite girl