Post time capsules

Post time capsules

i think you need to have a decade in between you and the one you're looking at, to see the time capsule. Hackers looks dated as fuck, anything from the 00's still seems modern to me.

Taxi Driver is a pretty great 70s capsule, you really get a feel for the climate of NYC during that period

I was thinking the other day about how great a Guillermo del Toro directed Scooby Doo movie would be.

A 100% accurate documentary

Pioneers for youtube.

Dubbed or subbed?

the seven ups, the french connection and the taking of pelham 123 are also essential gritty 1970's NY-core
i would also say fort apache the bronx but that came out in 1981

Early 2000s - The Butterfly Effect

This movie aesthetically gets it down right in terms of clothes, what we did back then as teenagers, and whatnot.

The movie's quality is debatable but it is surely makes me remember being a teenager then.

not really. its seen through the eyes of deeply troubled individual.

It captures that turn of the millennium, pointless, 'rebel for the sake of rebelling' teenage cynicism perfectly

It doesn't get more 90s Hong Kong than this

It's definitely a time capsule, but it encapsulates everything I hated about the late '00s.

I'd put Monster Squad in for the 80s, only argument for Lost Boys is the shirtless Rob Lowe poster in a presumably heterosexual teenage boy's room and if you're going to do gay 80s then Top Gun is way more appropriate.

Doom Generation does this better, not intentionally but it does serve as a better time capsule for the edgy cynical 90s and the indie boom and trying to rip off Tarantino

It exemplifies the early 80's yet timeless all the same

I hate Sean Penn's stupid face

70s

the lost boys is not a time capsule of anything except for whatever aesthetics joel schumacher was obsessed with at the time. back to the future and the entirety of john hughes' works up to home alone are more accurate to the 1980s

Uh, okay?