Dr. Brennan=Indigo Pill
Eleven=Green Pill
Steve=Iron Pill, complete with his journey of enlightment
The kids=Brown PIll
Steve's buddies=White PIll
The monster=Le demiurge

I just hope the result of her facing le demiurge isn't a lobotomy or worse

I didn't like the kids acting.
I mean, it was okay as far a child acting goes but I didn't gibe a hoot about it.

Nothing, why do people like this shit again?

that gif is more impressive than the show. saved.

Elaborate

That's because you grew up in the 00's.

If you grew up in the 80's it would've been huge blast of nostalgia to your own childhood.

It was great.

Also, kids who are like 13-21 tend to reject "childish stuff" in an attempt to be more mature.. Happens with Nintendo a lot.

People go through this phase where "Nintendo is for children" and then you hit an age where you realize Mario is fucking awesome and manly as fuck.

Hey, OP here, I grew up in the 90s/00s and love the show. I'm an 80sfag though, I've always loved stuff like Miami Vice and Scarface.
That said, my only complaint about the soundtrack is that it seems like they pulled almost every era song from the GTA Vice City list. I wish they had been more original.
>Toto-Africa
>Foreigner-Waiting for a girl like you
>Corey Hart-Sunglasses at night
I mean, I'm surprised they didn't also include "Self control". Even the lyrics are fitting.

>the night is my world
>Through the wall something's breaking
>You take my self, you take my self control
>I live among the creatures of the night
>I haven't got the will to try and fight
>A safe night, I'm living in the forest of my dream

the show being highly referential is 100% intentional I'm sure

I don't think it was trying to do anything terribly unique

Yeah but fucking GTA Vice City, give me a break lel
There's a lot of iconic stuff from the 80s that hasn't been featured in modern media

>iconic
>hasn't been featured in modern media

Is that so

Of course, modern media features iconic stuff from the era but not all iconic stuff from the era has been featured by modern media

Like what?

Because they both are attempting to recreate a nostalgia by referring to the big hits of that era. There just happens to be overlap between the two mediums.

Just because you only heard those songs in GTA cus you're a fucking phaggot that grew up playing video games and eating Cheetos like the other babbies of your generation doesn't mean those songs weren't hugely popular outside of your PlayStation bubble you massive bag of unrelenting shit.

What was the point of their black friend?

Why did the sister decide to crawl into the scary looking hole in the tree without any weapons or waiting for the loser friend to return?

Why did El refuse to kill cat but then 10 seconds later kill 2 humans without blinking an eye? Who taught her morality ? If she has been in a lab since a baby wouldn't it of been better not to teach her to care about living things? Why did she care about a cat so much? WHY?

Why didnt El just tell the kids what the fuck was going on? She can clearly talk so why doesnt she just say "Shits fucked up, you guys will probably die" Doesn't she believe that friends don't lie to each other? She only caused problems by with holding information.

Why didnt will do some magical mobo jumbo shit when other people were there instead of when just his mum was there? Is it because he was hiding from the very people who were trying to help him? That doesnt make sense

Why did the sister and loser friend decide that the half dead deer was hit by a car, when they were in the middle of the fucking woods? What are they, stupid?

Why was the black kid so doubtful of El even though he was witness to her using her powers several times? I thought he loved science and science fiction, isnt he a nerd? What is wrong with him? Was his only purpose to create tension between the friends?

WHY WHY WHY

The soundtrack was good though, and its nice to see something different.

Not saying they were only popular there, I'm just saying that those are too many songs featured in Vice City too.
youtube.com/watch?v=bF6cRvc8fFE

how is that iconic?

E, it carries that whole alphabet in creating words.

>What was the point of their black friend?
To be the annoying niggerfaggot
>Why did the sister decide to crawl into the scary looking hole in the tree without any weapons or waiting for the loser friend to return?
People do stupid stuff
>Why did El refuse to kill cat but then 10 seconds later kill 2 humans without blinking an eye? Who taught her morality ? If she has been in a lab since a baby wouldn't it of been better not to teach her to care about living things? Why did she care about a cat so much? WHY?
Maybe it was visceral, also she kills humans that harm her
>Why didnt El just tell the kids what the fuck was going on? She can clearly talk so why doesnt she just say "Shits fucked up, you guys will probably die" Doesn't she believe that friends don't lie to each other? She only caused problems by with holding information.
Because she was language impaired? Because she thought they would insist on going?
>Why didnt will do some magical mobo jumbo shit when other people were there instead of when just his mum was there? Is it because he was hiding from the very people who were trying to help him? That doesnt make sense
Because he only did that when in the house in the other side and only the mom happened to be there?
>Why did the sister and loser friend decide that the half dead deer was hit by a car, when they were in the middle of the fucking woods? What are they, stupid?
>hurr durr a hurt animal wouldn't crawl

>Why was the black kid so doubtful of El even though he was witness to her using her powers several times? I thought he loved science and science fiction, isnt he a nerd? What is wrong with him? Was his only purpose to create tension between the friends?
Because he was the annoying niggerfaggot and he was jelly of the superior aryan female with superpowers.

>WHY WHY WHY
>The soundtrack was good though, and its nice to see something different.
Agreed

Did you not live in the 80s? That was featured prominently on Miami Vice

>"In the Night" was featured in the episode "Calderone's Return: Part 1 – The Hit List"

wow it was in 1 episode of a shitty tv show so fucking iconic

Yeah... i thought the soundtrack could've been better too.. feels like they just grabbed a greatest hits of 80s album and went with it.

Would've liked to hear some more 80s stuff that isn't so well known.

>of a shitty tv show
That "shitty TV show" was highly influential in its era. Heck, it influences TV to this day.
Anyhow, take "Solitaire" from Laura Branigan for example. Not featured on TV or film, but well positioned in the 1983 Billboard's top 100.
Exactly, at some point I felt like listening to Emotion/Wave 103. I loved the Tangerine Dream songs though.

Netflix's constant shilling and viral marketing plan.

>it influences TV to this day.
explains why TV is shit

Do you guys seriously believe everyone posting about how awesome the show is is a shill?
I loved it because I'm a sucker for everything 80s, I literally can't stop consuming the stuff.

kill yourself faggot, enjoy your shit tier cinematography, your stock laughs, your shitty generic soundtracks, your atrocious style
Miami Vice brought art to TV, there's a before and after Miami Vice. You're uncultured swine.

forgot pic

Reminder: If you don't identify with pic related you don't belong ITT

Not everyone, but the people making the threads at the very least. Even before the show was released there were constant shill threads, of course a few non-shills are going to get swept up in all this hype being created artificially by viral marketers, it's inevitable when you're being exposed to non-stop advertisement .

Are you 17 years old?

All those have painfully obvious answers.

I made this thread and 2 more before (and even got called a pedo for putting eleven in the op) and I only knew about the show because of a fellow 80s fan from a synthwave community. I believe most fans are organic and sincere like me.

is it gay if I feel attracted to a girl that looks like a boy?

Only if she has a bad case of manface

she looks cute when she smiles

You might not be gay but you’re a pedo and that's even worse. FFS, how could someone think sexually of a little girl. Please get a chemical castration.

Because you're a retard
Jesus Christ

>double dubs
Kek confirms it

The black friend was one of my favourite characters desu. He was channelling Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon so much it was hilarious. I was waiting for him to literally say "I'm too black for this sheeeit".
And dramatically he served as a more grounded foil to the two main kids, I liked him. The fact that you play AD&D doesn't automatically mean you're going to accept retarded shit without blinking.

cute girls are cute, dont be so mad about it

Oh shut the fuck up. What does this shit have anything to do with Nintendo and maturity?
The post you're replying to says NOTHING about how the show is "childish" or for "children". You're only projecting this hard because you're a dumb shit who didn't grow up in the 80's.

The show isn't really nostalgic in the way you're thinking about, there is VERY little stuff in the show that's like "remember the 80's?!", most of the stuff people mistake for nostalgia is actually just homage and references to 80's movies.

you just got called out for being underage and reponded with a post proving him right???

Is it ever explained why Will didn't use the wall of lights again to communicate with his mother? It seemed like they spent a good deal of attention on it in one episode and then completely forgot about it.

Is it even explained how Will did it in the first place? I thought at first it was just his presence that would trigger electric disturbance in the real world, but then he starts spelling out words? They never show how he does it.

The kid who was acting out of jealousy for his friend, and who yelled the whole pretty much the whole time was really your favorite?

I think i'm going to have to rewatch Lethal Weapon because I don't remember Donald Glover acting like a chimping bloody idiot.

it is obvious that the show is really poorly written. i guess that's why these hacks resorted to so much "homage" to cover the fact that they are so shit

He wasn't controlling it. If you're a human in the Upside Down and pass something electrical in the real world, it illuminates through your presence, while the Demogorgon causes the opposite effect and shorts everything out. The way he spoke to his mother with the letters is because everything in the Upside Down is a reflection of anything in the real world, so the letters would have materialized in his version of the house, and touching them triggered their lights. He was also clever enough to ring his own house number from the phone in the Upside Down which apparently connects them to each other.