If Mad Eye wasn't really himself, doesn't that mean that Harry didn't even get to know the real him...

If Mad Eye wasn't really himself, doesn't that mean that Harry didn't even get to know the real him? Why does Harry trust/care for him so much in the next movie if they never even really met?

question mark

huh, good point...

I never had a connection with Mad Eye because of this. I just thought of him as a stranger.

I guess...uh...they hang out in the time before Order of the Phoenix? For a bit? Offscreen?

1. Bad writing
2. Moody's reputation

Why didn't Harry just drink a luck potion before fighting Voldemort?

Alright, this really made me think. Huh.

Why didn't Snape kill a Death Eater and make a horcrux for himself?

he didn't have any

>Calmly

Slightly off topic, but does anyone here strongly believe that PoA was far superior to all the other films in the series? I feel like I'm the only one who appreciates Alfonso CuarĂ³n's contribution to the series; everyone always says the 1st one or the 8th was the best.

Why didn't dumbledoor teach harry how to kill horcuxes?

Literally just shitty writing, like so many of the numerous story flaws in Harry Potter.

Could be explained if Moody started exhibiting noticeably different behaviour, opinions and advice over the course of the story. Then explain the Moody had spent time with, advised and bonded with Harry but was replaced halfway through.

But nope, let's just ignore logic because magic.

PoA is literally the only good one.

I find the first two the comfiest.

takes 6 months to make, never knew he would have the chance

I figure Cedric might have needed it more.

>ask a friend who read the entire saga the same questions
>"oh, the impression was so good it was basically him"

Kind of weak but okay?

Total cop out.

The banter between Snape and Sirius Black was great, they should never have killed off Sirius (nor Lupin for that matter).

>tfw all the Marauders are dead

What would this even look like?

Would Voldemort just miss all of his shots or something? Would Harry suddenly become the best wizard ever?

Seriously one of the stupidest plot devices in the entire series.

>3>7=6>5=2=8>1>4

When I saw the movie (hadn't read the book yet), I assumed that Mad Eye got replaced by doctor who after Hitler was found dead by Harry.
That is pretty stupid to have him never meet Harry before they find him.

this. shit twist

Not really its not like they act like bros or anything. Moody was always supposed to be crazy so barty crouch crazy wasn't so different plus he really was actually intimitating him.

The real explaination is he's an aurauthor and dumbledores friend that's why Harry likes him to begin with he's willing to protect him

Fuck, he's an auror*

>AAUGHHUGHGH!!!
What did he mean by this?

I'm more pissed off that they killed Mad Eye Moody off in a battle off-screen where the only other casualty was Harry's fucking owl

Every death in Deathly Hallows was done so terribly in the films

Nice memes

I feel like after 5 they progressively went downhill. I hated the forced "dark tone" of the latter films. Putting a grey filter on a film isn't dark.

Your entire post is literally a meme kill yourself

>very different polish french and portuguese cinematography
>le epic its grey I dont like things that are diffreent either
Never change. Every film in the series feels different.

Six and seven are so good it hurts user. They are beautiful.

I agree, I still think 5 is one of the best ones because it managed to have a darker tone continued from 4 but still had the sense of magic from the other preceding movies.
The last three movies felt two dramatic for their own good without ever topping the Dumbledore vs Voldemort fight.

6 and 7.1 are better. 5 is underrated but Yates has better direction in 6 and DH1 is a great adaptation its supposed to be dark. It can be interpreted as such when the main themes are the fact that the wizarding world and minsitry are corrupt and resemble the real world.

But as films 6 is great it has a dreary and dreamlike atmosphere and is gothic and the castle halls suffocating the characters times of stress and getting darker gives a different character to hogwarts. And the entire film is portraitesque. Cave scene and climax was brilliant. Screw people who don't like witchcraft beung dark I like all thr films

GoF the worst? I mean, it was cringey as fuck, but I wouldn't put it as the worst.

OotF was boring as shit. Definitely the worst.

Thats your opinion. Hedwigs death hit me pretty good when I first saw it i liked the subtley and dobbys death is still sad as fuck. Snape had a great death I thought the direction of the deaths was great. Stop comparing different mediums.

>Boring
Do you not realize this is the most pathetic critique one can make? I enjoy goblet but the others are in fact better and OOTP is underrated and perhaps a thousand times better than goblet.

See

In the books Harry and the real Mad-eye didn't really get along, Mad-eye showed him a picture of original order of the Phoenix members and casually talking about how each of them died. It made Harry feel pretty uncomfortable and kinda presented Mad eye as being a bit more psychologically bent and awkward to be around.

It would go to far, even for him.
Killing Dumbledore was a chore, but making a horcrux?

GoF is the only Wandkino.

Harry never liked Mad eye. Like at all, to him he was scary,ruthless and had lost touch with other people and empathy in general.

read the books you dunce.

Goddamn you are so wrong Newell

He might not trust him with his life or anything, but Moody showed up to pick him up from Privet Drive with the rest of his closest friends, so naturally.

You wouldn't be weary of a friend of a friend you just met, especially if they're together.

It increases your luck, it doesn't give you 100% win rate.

It's like you're chances of a coin toss going up from 50% to 51% < x < 99% or something. it helps, but it doesn't mean you can't lose.

Why didn't Voldemort just go and grab a knife from the kitchen and stab baby Harry before leaving?

Didn't his body get obliterated?

No, it just means the universe would contrive to let Harry survive. Though it can't contrive the impossible like you don't seem to have understood because you weren't paying attention.

>Slightly off topic, but does anyone here strongly believe that PoA was far superior to all the other films in the series?
Yes. PoA is the best movie in this series because it is not about 'muh evil magic dark lord', instead it is crime story with prisoner that escape magical prison.

>best because of the plot
Congrats on outing yourself

why didn't he just shoot them

Why does barty crouch Jr sound like mad eye when he drinks the polyjuice potion, but Harry and friends sound like themselves when they take it?

No roasts on sunday

Hermione is a shit brewer

Number one different directors. In seven the seven harrys have all different voices of the original characters

Number two moody was played by brendan gleeson

I know, and when Harry and Ron take it in 2 they keep their voices.

I thought that should never happen, because if your body changes to the other, your voice box should change as well, mimicking the voice.

I think the unique voices in the movies are just for the movies, whereas Barty's change in voice is canon.

Or maybe there are different strains of the potion, and you can choose whether to have your voice changed or not, but I doubt that.

he didnt have a connection with him though, he just respected him like the other aurors he didnt know that well

More like Columbus needed to hold the audiences hand. Hermione brewed it fine and it was extremely difficult to amass

I refuse to believe that only Voldemort made Horcruxes - sure, the magic was dark and arcane but the prize is so worth it.

You kill one fucker, some Snatcher or Muggle hobo and you are basically immortal. Learn how to conjure new body and you are eternal.

I would do it.

It's kino, has a great dark atmosphere throughout, and the mystery is emotionally engaging since it's about his parents friends, not some abstract magical macguffin.

See
Its Columbus

There's probably a thousand dipshit wizards like you who either botched the horcrux spell and died anyway, or went mad in their spooky ghost form because they didn't have any servants willing to mutilate themselves or dad bone.

Have fun possessing rats for the rest of forever, your undying majesty.

Of course, how could we be so blind?

Voldekino was ahead of his time.

Why didn't Voldemort juice himself with luck potion all the time?

I never understood the whole
>"I-I-I cried when dobby died! Muh bro!!!"
He showed up in one movie for 30 seconds, like what sort of connection did you fucking have for a literal who character.

Crouch was so good at impersonating him that it was literally no different to the real thing.

Also, they address it in the book. When Harry first meets the real Mad-Eye he think that its fucking weird that this is technically the first time meeting him despite feeling like he's known him for a year.

It's because you're autistic. It's more the fact that people felt for him because he sacrificed himself for people that he considered friends and did it of his own free will instead of ordered by a master.

Gary Oldman's salary was just too high.

>be Barty Crouch Mad Eye
>tell HP to come to your office after lessons
>hey Harry, grab that book there will ya?
>portkey'd
>Voldemort resurrected
>HP grabs the portkey to go back like he did
>back in Barty's office
>AVADA KEDAVRA little nigga
series over folks

That's why a world filled with magic is the most suitable for a female writer. If shit doesnt make sense, stuff can be invented on a whim to fix the storytelling.

Plenty of characters sacrificed themselves yet no one made a big deal about them.

Expensive/difficult/takes six months to make/poisonous in large quantities

But the real reason he didn't swig down the bottle he'd been saving to make sure the prophecy went his way was because it didn't exist in book 1.

Some people actually read the books, weird I know.

>portkey
>from inside Hogwarts
Dumbledore would watch as Snape gave you the teabagging you deserve you speedreader.

How come one worked in the Quidditch grounds

This it hits hard because of the themes of the film with comraderie and the fact that they are at their low point on the run on their own

He's in chamber of secrets for about 10 minutes and is in the beginning and end of deathly hallows. He was a bro. They others were sad too. Dumbeldore and sirius were sad but different

I'm pretty sure the maze was bigger than a quiddich pitch, and the center was well outside the schools grounds.

Not even gonna ask you your shit taste.

>Nice one, James!
>Avada Kedavra!
Right in the fucking feels Yates goddamn

>I feel like I'm the only one
Literally kill yourself

Kek go to bed Chris

Fuck off reddit

The Potters didn't pay their knife license so they weren't allowed to have any.

He probably could have done it when they go to that gay little town nearby

>MUH REDDIT boogeyman
Ironic cancer

He could have got one nearby in another house. I highly doubt baby boy Harry is going anywhere

aparation and portkeys work in hogwarts when headmaster alters the wards. he allowed portkey to be created for the purpose of the tournament and barty altered it. it still had proper spell on it as it brought hp back outside the maze after he touched it second time.

>Magic is so terrible, the most evil and powerful wizard in existence can't even kill a fucking baby, when some random hobo could use a fork to do the same thing
>Harry Potter fags still claim wizards would win in a fight against muggles

If he took a knife from a licensed house and tried to bring in out into the street, he would need to bin that knife immediately. Knives are for home use only in the UK.

Clearly you are thinking like a barbaric American and don't realize how strict the UK is with their dangerous weapons.

What if he went out and bought one then? Again, the baby isn't going anywhere. Why not look in the kitchen for a butter knife or a fork or even a spoon and just ram it into baby Harry's skull?

This. The portkey was designed to send the winner back to the start of the maze iirc. That way you wouldn't have to find your way out again after winning

Wouldn't it be better if the winner disabled the maze by touching the cup? Twigs and leaves crumbling into dust and shit? It's not like they'll need that enchanted maze for anything else.

But then all the magic creatures are free to rampage.

this

I have to get my chicken pre sliced and frozen chopped veg because I can't afford the knife fees

I am not complaining though my meals only take 20min to cook, basically

oil
In the pan
Nice and hot

Why didn't Voldemort drink a luck potion before fighting Harry?

for making luck potion, a key ingredient was emma watson's ass sweat.(20 ml).
there was no way for voldemort to get that

I dunno that Harry was ever that close to him. There's Harry's respect for his history as an auror with Dumbledore and Mr. Weasley being close to him but it never really seemed like Harry was particularly fond of him. I remember him being put off when Mad-Eye showed him the picture of the old Order and also his feelings at odd moments that Moody was gazing at him

Moody was gazing on him in the showers.

Because it fucks up your soul and shit. It's why Voldemort looks like a snake man.

This, pretty much. Harry is immediately trusting of any reasonably renowned authority figure, Professor Lupin is a good example.