What mental illness did he have

what mental illness did he have

objectivism

Psychopath

Sociopath

Anyone else find this movie oddly inspiring?

I did a little bit. As fucked up as he was, he was determined to be successful at what he did. Made me a little less resentful to go to work

This film is an edgelord's wet dream. Hardly realistic

Lou was a sociopath. Know the difference between that and psychopathy.

Whereas, Driver had autism. Do you think that would have been a great buddy film? Preferably written and directed by Shane Black?

Because every film needs to be completely realistic hey

More like a normie's worst nightmare

Same thing.

Psychopathy and sociopathy are the same thing. Check the DSM-V.

Schizophrenia is now 12 separate diseases that can manifest itself in many combinations.

The human brain isn't that simple to classify. He might have also had a schizotypal personality as he was still able to function.

ryan gosling

Sociopathy is more on the manipulating side of psychopathy though

Yeah sorta. His drive kinda gave me inspiration

>This film is an edgelord's wet dream. Hardly realistic

Oh come on, have you ever watched one of those live 'affiliate' news streams, I watched one recently where a drunk woman had been racing up and down a street and run over some guys dog. The guy filming went around and knocked on doors to find the owner of the dog so he could break the bad news live on stream/find the half dead dog which had crawled away. The dog was hiding behind a toilet in this guys house, the cameraman just lets himself in and starts directing shots and rummaging through the guys stuff while streaming to find something to put the dog in to take it to a vet. The owner was some mexican guy who was in tears through the whole thing. It was super weird and fucked up.

>same thing

probably autism spectrum

Nah if anything it's more like American psycho, where it tries to lampoon an entire profession. Most people in entertainment are insanely narssaciatic, cold-blooded cut throats and/or cynical, he fits all that.
I'd like to think of each movie as a different 80s film
>Drive
A good ol' fashioned ultraviolet 80s action movie. Something Friedkin, or Mann would have done.
>Nightcrawler
A David Croneberg thriller that tries to blend horror with action. The massacre in the mansion scene would have been even more brutal if Croneberg had done it.

The driver seemed more like a schizoid to me.

It was more like he knew how emotions work but simply just didn't/couldn't care.

Ambition. I know it seems strange to you

Lack of compassion (but not empathy per se), lack of inhibitions when pursuiting a goal, master manipulator, extreme ambitions. Sociopathy it is.

Psychopathy is genetic, while sociopathy is more of a consequence of environment. Both are somewhat hereditary though, and a psychopath will always be sociopathic.

He wasn't mentally ill, he was just evil. Diagnosing "crazy" movie characters is dumb.

way too vague of a definition to give anybody, even a movie character. equally as dumb as calling him crazy. he would be evil if what he did was for the sole intent of harming others for his own satisfaction, but that wasn't the case. he just wanted what he wanted, and didn't give a shit what he'd have to do to others to get it, which makes him more of a sociopath.