Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pazj7Vo-wk
youtube.com/watch?v=gTo9SsblY0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where's the boy?

YO STRING

He went to the BLM in wisconsin

A'ight you stupid muthafucka

D' is one of my favorite characters from The Wire. I cried when Stringer killed him, his growth was amazing.

>tfw it's the other way

"This look like money, motherfucker? Huh? Money be green. Money feel like money!"

I got a lump in my throat too at his fictional funeral
that singing I thinks what did it, + he was a good dude r.i.p. in peace

He tried to change and do something with his life, only to get killed. Although, he was killed because he would probably snitch, but still, fuck. I really felt bad for D. The prison scene, where he talks about, I think it was Great Gatsby? Was one of my favorites with D.

Tfw you will never watch true tv kino for the first time again. No other show will have the depth of characters and the level of excellence in dialogue, where every episode had multiple lines more memorable than most shows in their entire run. What's the point of even trying anymore anons.

I especially cried when I've finished the show, because I wouldn't experience it for the first time anymore, and no other tv show could fill the hole that The Wire made inside me. Amazing show, truly the best tv can offer.

JESUS CALLIN ON THE MAIN LINE

The wire is not "true tv kino"

>excellent dialouge

That's fucking hilarious. "So you see, we be da pawns n shit. it's metaphorical"

"Fuck" for 5 straight minutes. How clever wow.

Let's not kid ourselves on what the wire really is. It's an above average police drama set in baltimore with muddled bits of shoehorned in liberal "social commentary"

>Daniels
>Lawful good

Did you even watch the show?

In what world is Omar little "true neutral"? The man is a fucking murderer and a robber.

Its ruined tv for me
Anything I watch anything I just think "could be watching the wire again"

I've had to take up reading, yuck!

>I've had to take up reading, yuck!

No you haven't you retard. If you did, you would see how painfully average The Wire truly is. It's dialog is clearly nothing special.

Start with Hamlet and compare it to the Wire.

Expecting a TV show about gangs to not have gang dialogue what?

I feel sorry for Sup Forums, they will never get the wire because they will never let themselves enjoy it.

Name me 3 shows that are better user?

When duqan starts taking crack gets me, I honestly thought he'd make it out of there

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

>deadwood
>mad men
>sopranos

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The wire is pretty good, but massively overrated. I

pleb filter the show

The x-files, sopranos, breaking bad, west wing, mad men, Mash, Twin peaks, the shield, six feet under and deadwood

I seem to remember Shakespeare being considered quite good... are you possibly suggesting that an author who's well known despite being dead for 400 years might be a decent writer?

Yeah, if you think it's special you're a pleb

This

Wire will be forgotten in 50 years

OMG HE DID DA FINGER WAG... SOO EPIC xD

X-Files turned to shit in later seasons, Twin Peaks is only good when Lynch direction comes to focus, that whole soap opera shit was the worst part of the show, it's the reason why season 2 sucked, Deadwood isn't as good in later seasons, Mad Men is pretty good, but The Wire is overall better, same thing with Sopranos, The Wire was a much better cop drama than The Shield, Breaking Bad is eh in later seasons, haven't seen West Wing or Six Feet Under.

False.

It's aged horribly and no one ever talks about it anymore.

>Deadwood

Decent show that nobody cares about anymore, not even close to what The Wire achieved. Stop trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.

>Mad Men

AHAHAHAHAHAHA soap operas are considered good tv now? Way to nullify your entire opinion. Season 1 was ok but everything else was complete garbage pal.

>Sopranos

Legitimate contender, very good show but it was undoubtedly a step below The Wire in dialogue and character depth.

Try again user.

The wire first season is okay

And yet here you are phaggot

>a step below The Wire in dialogue and character depth

Your image proves that assertion wrong almost instantly.

Just make it look like them towers.

youtube.com/watch?v=4pazj7Vo-wk

Omg so deep. He's referring to the street thugs as pawns. Damn...

How has it ager horribly? The phone tech? I watched it fro the first time this year I thought it was fine.

It's more than okay, it's great. And it only gets better from there, untill the 5th season that is slightly worse than previous seasons, but it's still good overall.

>Aged horribly and no one ever talks about it anymore
What? Are you retarded?

It's shit

Fuck you, user, I'm gonna cry again.

It's terribly outdated. Even just after 10 years. People will not care about it in 50 years. Whereas shows like the west wing the sopranos mad men and the x files will still be talked about.

this

>great writing
>damn good direction
>well written characters
>well made twists
>interesting themes
>successful display of grey morality

Yeah, it's shit alright.

Sure pal.

I reckon Herc should be true Neutral. Swaps sides very easily but still gets along with everybody. Has his own code that he sticks to and acts purely out of self interest.

Just kidding. It's okay.

The soprano's duck metaphor was equally stupid.

But the stronk silent type meme is lost on "alphas" because they forget the scene where Ton is literally triggered over a box of rice.

>police brutality

Fuck herc. This show made me hate cops

I think Daniels is as close to lawful good as you could get... Maybe Kima or Carver? Hard to say. I think the whole point of the show was to illustrate characters that display more traits that flesh them out to be purely good or bad characters.

From memory in all of the episodes, Daniels works purely within the law. Sure, he may come from a muddy past but conversion isn't unheard of and he very much sticks to his guns despite temptations and opportunities for advancement.

Your mother's cunt is "okay" boyo. This shit is damn good.

>Kima or Carver

Didn't they both commit extreme fucking police brutality?

How can you consider either of them lawful good?

Who /D'Angelo/ here?

Above average law and order

this

Daniels stole money
He is not particularly lawful
Kima is lawful good. Wouldn't even say who her second shooter was

Thia

I'm guessing most of the anons posting here that didn't like the show either gave up after the first couple of episodes because of the lack of

>MUH ACTION

>MUH CLIFFHANGERS

Likely underage ADHD babbies that couldn't appreciate the shows brilliance. I mean there's some retard here that is legitimately claiming West wing and Six Feet Under are better shows are you fucking kidding me.

Anybody that watches the show for more than a couple episodes and still can't enjoy it doesn't deserve to exist imo.

strang

They were the only two that didn't. Kima cheated on her partner. Carver was actively working against brutality in later seasons.

>Anybody that watches the show for more than a couple episodes and still can't enjoy it doesn't deserve to exist imo.

That would be most of the human population.

You are conveniently forgetting all the random pop culture references and political commentary of the sopranos.

The wire might be dated because they used typewriters, but they never repeatedly referenced the history (hitler) channel or the specific politics of the bush administration.

Sorry Vito, but the wire holds up better.

Preach it!

youtube.com/watch?v=gTo9SsblY0I

*tipa fedora*

t. retard

lol wut? Anyone that's impressed by the incredibly simplistic dialog and social commentary of this show doesn't deserve to exist lmao.

SeeRetard is rich coming from a NEEt that doesn't even go to college

only thing you missing from this bait is talking about how much better breaking bad or mad men are

Pssh, Bodie was fine after that

Those shows are both better though. Breaking Bad has better cinematography that the wire and mad men has better dialog and writing.

>implying

I finished first year of history. Fuck off, faggot.

>simplistic dialog
>leading your opinion with "lol wut" and closing with "lmao"

To be fair, I'm guilty of greentexting an insult. But your stupidity doesnt warrant a full sentence.

the only lawful good charater was Nicky "From The Docks" Sobotka's dad.

>never stole
>didn't accept phony union job
>make nicky turn himself in

>punch a cop
>get the shit beaten out of you

All is as it should be. There are operating well within the law, and maybe I have a warped take on morality, but Bodie was a known drug dealer, shit talker, violent scumbag.

nice worthless major you've got there, femanon

He was the best season 2 character.

Liking a tv show doesn't make you smart user. I think you are convinently forgetting that it's like the 3rd highest rated show on imdb.

Nigga did you even watch season 2 or just read memes in the wire threads

Wire "fans" don't even understand their favorite tv show.

Embarrassing honestly

Bodie was just a kid that got sucked into that lifestyle. Did you even watch the show? Also they went too fucking overboard

>implying
I'm male. And again, you keep showing your stupidity. History has a wide field of usage, and is not a useless degree, if you know how to use it, user.

????
pic is of ziggy's dad. user is talking about nicky's dad.

>History has a wide field of usage, and is not a useless degree

HAHAH.

Good thing I'm studying something useful

You felt bad for a snitch? He has everything handed to him and fucked up repeatedly. If he hadn't been a Barksdale he would have been shooting up with Bubbles somewhere.

His stupidity (the shooting) CAUSED the whole investigation that brought down the family. He didn't even have to snitch.

Why do people love this guy? He's a fag.

>Deal drugs
>Incite violence against other gang members
>Menace civillians
>Punch a cop

Nope. Had it coming.

>History has a wide field of usage, and is not a useless degree, if you know how to use it, user.

Phew, good thing you got trips, otherwise you would be going nowhere in life.

Daniels may not have stolen money. It's never established.

I unironicallt agree with most of these to be honest

What was Marlo's point? I know he's supposed to be this chaotic ruthless cunt, but he wouldn't have gotten into a position of power if it wasn't for the police in the first place.

It's heavily implied he'll try to return to the streets and be killed while doing so during the final episode.

Has anyone seen the movie "Would You Rather", this guy is in it and he's a fucking retard.

Yes, I felt bad for D. And he hasn't fucked everything. He did a great job in the low rises, even Stringer said so! He was a good comrade, who cared for his troops, and he wanted to change, because he saw how shitty the life of thugs truly is. Yes, he wanted to snitch, but he wouldn't snitch in jail. But, I get why Stringer killed him, and he needed to kill him, because he was a double edged sword. But fuck man...

Heh, I'll show you, user, that history degree isn't as useless as STEMfaggs think.

Keep laughing, I'll show you, user, as well that history isn't as useless as you all tend to think.

He was the primary example of future generation of gangsters. The new school.

Daniels was legit my favorite character in the entire show. He had a great arc the entire series, his character was loyal to good police (even fuck ups like McNutty) and when given the opportunity to reach his goal at the cost of his integrity he said fuck it. I hate how meme characters like Omar and Marlo are remembered when he isn't.

Omar and Kima are the worst characters of all time. Legit stopped watching the show because of them. No regrets

The Wire is Dickensian, while Breaking Bad is Shakesperian.

>he has everything handed to him
True. But the worst offender to this was Wee Bey's kid. Born with a silver spoon and immediatelly given high ranking jobs just because of his dad. Then he fucks up everything while playing a wannabe nigglet and in the end is adopted into a above average family and taken care of.
Isn't he even the only one of the little nigglets that didn't fuck up and lives a better life than before?