youtube.com/watch?v=piEOMKji4L8
youtube.com/watch?v=oztu4PKlcXY
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ivt_3GFYP4
youtube.com/watch?v=LrGe_kJHShI
youtube.com/watch?v=dQLizbcFmrI
youtube.com/watch?v=v03BtEzQMxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You first OP

its not underrated. was talked by lots till tame impala came and appealed to the enlightened pseudos

Ringo is God-tier for underrated album seekers

I actually quite enjoy MGMT based on my single experience with Electric Feel. Will give their albums a try next

People should talk about Blockhead more on this board.

not OP, but it's definitely underrated. MGMT is by no means an underrated band, but whenever you meet a qt grill who says she's into them, she will literally always only be referring to their first album

Weird selly ester memes aside, I enjoy their s/t more than Congratulations.

Well, Oracular Spectacular is their best album IMO, even more if you count "Metanoia".
This one is also good tho. The third I can't get into.

i love the third, their most accomplished work imho

youtube.com/watch?v=MMFaeM3A-sQ

Smiley Smile, Wild Honey, and Friends are the holy trinity of underrated albums.

They need to hurry up and release a single from Little Dark Age. Ridiculous how long it's taking them.

Wrong album senpai

>but whenever you meet a qt grill who says she's into them, she will literally always only be referring to their first album
oh W0W A GIRL LIKES THE ALBUM WITH THE HIT SONGS
jfc

This is correct, although it's mostly correctly rated (good but not a classic), just underrated compared to the band's other output.

This album has a similar story. It's too "different" for the average LP fan, so it got written off by plebs, and patricians wouldn't check out a LP album even if it was actually somewhat experimental and innovative.

Not underrated, but Hassisen Kone's High Tension Wire is just unknown outside of Finland, which is a shame.
youtube.com/watch?v=3tqoyJPXBjw
youtube.com/watch?v=piEOMKji4L8
youtube.com/watch?v=oztu4PKlcXY

What is the problem exactly with Oracular Spectacular? its a compilation of good songs, and, imo, a good record. There's no need for an album to be more than entertaining and good sounding...

Needless to say that for someone to get into MGMT its better start with Oracular.

Isn't that Linkin Park?

Also the wrong album senpai

Imagine if the Gallaghers were smart enough to save up all those excellent B-sides for the third album instead of wasting them by putting them out on singles...

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ivt_3GFYP4
youtube.com/watch?v=LrGe_kJHShI
youtube.com/watch?v=dQLizbcFmrI

This particular tune is as good as any of the best songs on DM or WTSMG though.

youtube.com/watch?v=v03BtEzQMxw

Yes, that's exactly my point, it didn't get the acclaim it deserved because the band had previous put out awful, generic music on some of their previous albums, so music aficionados turned their nose up at it while it was actually something worth paying attention to.

Sup Forums hates it because all the ppl they hate listen to kids and electric feel.

Amazing album cover. Good album. It's The Beach Boys version of this Sinatra album

Well those are the introduction tracks, sort of speak, to the rest of the album (with more experimental sound).

Why people only listen to those songs? because young ones are no longer interested in albums as a whole or even in true artists, is all about who's in what magazzine doing what, fashion and my band > your band.

It's not something to blame for to MGMT. They did those perfectly comercial (under their own sound btw) songs and hit the radio wich allowed them to keep existing, withouth those songs Congratulation wouldn't exist.

The only subpar MGMT album is their self-titled
Congratulations and Oracular Spectacular were both really solid in their own regards

Yessss this right here
Too bad about how burnt out she is

>Not loving the triple whammy of A Good Sadness, Astro-Mancy, and I Love You Too, Death

agree

Ty, really good album, didn't know it.

Agree. I find it quite enjoyable

I unironically think this is one of the best albums of the decade

This is legitimately a 5 star album, couldn't agree more.

the best beatle

This album is amazing and has aged very well.

I agree he has a number of really great albums