First episode was pretty good, no?

I read the book.
In the end, it's all a dream.

0/10

Develop some taste

Wait, how did you get that out of it?

life is but a dream

A) It's quite good.
B) The first poster below you is full of shit. I support a Barthesian literary theory more than most, but COME ON MAN.

Not true
The end is that it's all a war and someone wins
Who cares
It depends on how people feel
Shadow is just some nigger who might be a god and whose decisions don't affect anything

It's a good book though
And since the show is done by Brian "Hannibal homosex" Fuller, it ought to look good

>Decisions don't affect anything
You clearly did not read the book. Shadow WAS the end to the war

So you might be able to help me understand something. Is Shadow supposed to be Baldr?

It's honestly been a while

But doesn't the new gods win and Shadow goes to Iceland to see Euro-Odin alive?

He does meet the Ur-Odin, but i think the battle's result was left nebulous.

I think the intention is to make him seem like a God but end up not really being a god
So it's like "Humans are a god into themselves" or some shit
He's not a god

Baldr's big shit is dying
Shadow never dies
And he isn't fucking glowing and shit

good show, minus the fact that the main character race mixed. other than that i enjoy it

lol Neil Gaimen is trash tier

He's suppose to be America
What's America if not a fucking porridge of races

well as of episode 2 he has presumably reserected after the hanging on a tree reserection is a power balder has after being taught it by odin, who is mr wednesday. problem being that baldr is a god of sunlight yet niggas name is shadow. and there are no bisons in nordic mythology so him seeing some bison donst make much sense. id say hes probably an american god like the show is titled. i havent read any books im just going off the show

ya all white countries are no more

as per the Edda and sagas baldr resurrects after ragnarok

Just watched the first episode tonight as well with my girlfriend. I was tempted to read the book when it got all hyped because it seems kind of interesting and fresh, but that's really not my style (bandwagon reading)

At this point though I'm kind of wishing I had read the book, even though judging by the first episode it seems like it's going to turn out to be one big political/economical statement, using religion/mythology as a stepping stone. That's kind of a shame, because I feel a story would be better as the precise opposite of that.

I don't really have anything bad to say about it yet, but don't really have much great to say either. I'll keep watching it with the lady friend and hope for the best

Everyone resurrects after Ragnarok

the poster who i replied to said baldrs big shit was dieing, i was just clarifiing. baldr reserects because odin told him the words of reserection. mr. wednesday is clearly odin as he says wednesday is his day which is wodens day ergo odin. and shadow was hung presumably died and yet continues to live, and hes about to get his brains bashed in by chernoborg the slavic god of evil. unrelated pantheon but funny. personally i dont think shadows baldr i think hes just some new american god

>it seems like it's going to turn out to be one big political/economical statement, using religion/mythology as a stepping stone
The book isn't like that at all
It was written a "long" time ago
Long enough that the political climate was different

The book is about Shadow being cucked over and over again

lol that part when hes packing up his shit and finds the dick pic then imagines it on his wifes photo cracked my ass up literally had to pause and laugh for like 2 minutes

ah well that's a damned shame, now i REALLY wish i'd read it, cause they're for sure going to "adapt" it to modern time (a.k.a. butcher it to pieces)

All you say is right

But Shadow isn't any god
For one he's a negro
And for the other he doesn't know his place
That's his thing. He doesn't know his place.

Shadow isn't anyone. He's just a dude

If he is a new God, then he's fucking Anonymous
But even that isn't right as he has a wife

Haven't seen it yet but was looking forward to it for quite a while prior to it's debut

i think hes a american death god, there was a trailer were mr wednesday mentions a death god dont know the context yet but i think it could be shadow. theres already nigger gods on the show like that jessie jackson ass spider monster god that was on the slave ship. no niggers know there place

is it a novel or graphic novel?

But that's the show
I haven't seen any of that

I only read the book
Shadow's thing is that he is clueless and he's blank
He does the "right" thing whenever he sees it

Maybe's he's supposed to be a proto-God where he does the beginning of God shit.
Maybe he's American Justice, like when he blew up that murder goblin.

Mr Nansi is based though

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

It's worth a read
Gaiman is a fucking hero to tumblr bitches for some Dr Who shit

But this is good
Same with his Vertigo comics

ive heard of him through my brother who read some of the sandman comics and ive seen the 2 episodes of the show but i always thought it was a graphic novel since sandman was a comic. i never really asked my bro if he ever read american gods though

Sandman is fucking good though

Your bro may be a comic autist with taste
Ask him about shit he recommends
Maybe he has some gold