TEEN SUICIDE BTFO CAR SEAT HEADREST

TEEN SUICIDE BTFO CAR SEAT HEADREST

medium.com/@SamRay/punching-upwards-at-a-particularly-bland-windmill-447f9abd4a9f

>Much like his music & lyrics, Toledo’s public persona exists in between dull platitudes and esoteric name-dropping. This consistent lack of personality might actually be the most sincere thing about him & his band.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJqkvZVhggk
teensuicide.bandcamp.com/
stereogum.com/1913971/car-seat-headrests-will-toledo-shares-hot-take-on-sufjan-stevens-carrie-lowell/news/
youtube.com/watch?v=oX1eqHwPvaM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ia1mI1wuPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wtf I love teen suicide now

how the fuck is this guy popular?

Already read this earlier and it was spot on.

I agree with basically the entirety of this article but
>Teen Suicide calling out anybody else for making boring uninspired indie schlock
hohohohohohoho
at least he basically admits he's writing it for attention

I still don't understand why Matador bothered to sign him when he has all the personality of a cardboard box and makes substanceless music.

Artists worth investing in are usually about something and have a character or gimmick to them. He doesn't seem to have anything other than a small tumblr following that they jumped on without thinking.

>If Mac Demarco is the “Family Guy” of contemporary guitar rock, Car Seat Headrest is “The Cleveland Show”.

God damn, that's such a good and accurate line.

Will, since we all know you're here, what do you have to say for yourself?

>Will, since we all know you're here, what do you have to say for yourself?
Will's too chicken to say anything, he won't even admit to browsing this board.

>I still don't understand why Matador bothered to sign him when he has all the personality of a cardboard box and makes substanceless music.

He already had an established fanbase so taking him on board ensures they will make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>"b-but muh indie label doesn't care about the $$$$"
lol

Is Teen Suicide/Sam Ray popular on Sup Forums? Been a fan of Ricky Eat Acid for years

I don't blame him for that desu. Remember how Marcel tried to ruin Devin from Diiv's career by showing his posts here to the press all because he wouldn't do an interview with him?

if you mean has sam ray shilled himself on Sup Forums for years then sure.

for some reason I always confused him with the guy behind Elvis Depressedly

That was pretty fucking dumb of devin though, I don't see how he didn't have it coming

He's completely right

>Remember how Marcel tried to ruin Devin from Diiv's career by showing his posts here to the press all because he wouldn't do an interview with him?
That's because Devin was an idiot and used a trip, and Marcel is a little weasel.

>He already had an established fanbase so taking him on board ensures they will make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah, but there's nothing beyond his fanbase there, he's not someone you could come up with a good PR campaign for, and he even cost them $$$$$$ over that stupid sampling debacle.

Is Teen Suicide the Steven Universe then?

tbf he was tripfag on /vg/ and nobody care
Sup Forums is just the worst board

lol pathetic cringy white sad boy music fight XD. both of them are pretty pathetic but this is a real low. everything he criticized will for he could be criticized for himself. its just sad.

>because he wouldn't do an interview with him?
Why are music journos such petty vindictive slimeballs? I follow a lot of these people and they all act like teenage girls.

Indie rock isnt exciting anymore because its filled with sjw losers who use phrases like "punching up"
Its castrated, emasculated, has no energy, its made by the upper middle class yuppies to please the music journalist who is also a white upper middle class yuppie that lives in a gentrified neighborhood.

Indie rock is the jeb of music, i said it, you're fucking jeb.

White people need to make something with energy, with angst, with authenticity, something lower class, angry, loud, violent.

> I follow a lot of these people and they all act like teenage girls.
how else will they pay off their student loans?
well marcel did it for fame. but still they make money off exclusives and juicy details.

replace that with white americans.
the uk has sleaford mods

>Its castrated, emasculated, has no energy, its made by the upper middle class yuppies to please the music journalist who is also a white upper middle class yuppie that lives in a gentrified neighborhood.
>Indie rock is the jeb of music, i said it, you're fucking jeb.

Yes, and this is honestly why I never liked it, it's not rock music, it's church music.

theyre all interchangeable

Like you need some angry lower class dude from middle america, these people dont fucking care about your pretentious shoegaze jangle pop bandcamp band, they want to yell, get angry, forget about how shit their lives are.

These guys are just boring petit bourgeois making bland and pretentious music for thier twitter friends and spouting the trendy sjw identity politics of the day.

Would any of these fucker take up for class issues?

You know the shit that actually matters, like people living paycheck to paycheck in a one room apartment, seeing their material conditions slowly decay.

We need a grunge, we need a britpop, some lowerclass lad who is going to smack the shit out of people like this.
These people who only make bland repetitive music about how depressed they are.

literally who the fuck is teen suicide?

cosign. (the new idles record was siq.)

this song from pulp from the 90's speaks to me more than any of these faggots, it tells me, yeah we are misfits, yeah lifes shit, yeah, we are poor, but we are going to beat these fuckers

youtube.com/watch?v=mJqkvZVhggk

All of these indie fuckers, they just make the same bland music that sounds like you are a pussy trying to crawl back into your mothers womb, thats what shoegaze to me, thats what indie is.

We need fight music, we need hope music.
thats what we need right now.
something with some fucking energy that isnt self indulgent

Will or Sam?

>(((medium)))
k

>some pretentious twat dislikes another pretentious twat
Amazing.

Replace "we" with "I"

yeah this is good.

carseat headrest sounds like the world-weary-but-unquestioning-yuppie-cynicism of the national, but regurgitated by kids too green to have such a point of view.

but im probably fastening on the dudes voice.

it's another "modern journalism piece" written by a bandcamp musician jealous of another bancamp musician episode

>teensuicide.bandcamp.com/
>teensuicide
cringe/10

>taking the opinion of someone who named their band teen suicide seriously
guys please refrain from posting if you're under 18

>phone poster
>dg meme

you're 14

No, as a whole indie rock has become self indulgent, made by soft rich boys, nothing but lyrics about being a depressed faggot. Sound wise as i said, like wanting to crawl back in your mothers womb.

I think society as a whole could do with something positive, loud, energetic, angry, positive, lower class, we have been in this yuppie stagnation of guitar music for too long.

Will Toledo
> Years of work, Multiple albums revered by fans and critics, lots of recognition, signed to worthwhile label, friendly guy generally

Sam Ray
> Years of work, Multiple ambient albums that never took off (Ricky Eat Acid), Indie rock band that nobody cares for, little recognition outside of underground, apparently a dick just tearing down people more successful than him
also
> dating Kitty

Feels bad don't it Sam. It's fun to be a dick for no reason ain't it.

absolutely fucking rekt

desu both

Dunno why Sam gets to talk to be honest, his music is way worse than Car Seat Headrest's

Most of the criticism I've seen about Car Seat Headrest is really just people who don't like Will Toledo. Sure he's a cunt and he shit talks musicians, but who cares. His shit talking it pretty entertaining and indie rock could use a few beefs. Everyone is so afraid of upsetting one another, but internet beef is entertaining.

links? who was he shitting on?

bump

Sam Ray is a fucking moron

Even the way he writes infuriates me

Never hear about them on here

When has Toledo ever shit talked other artists??

this genuinely upsets me though because Will is a way better songwriter... sam is literally just a jealous little pussy. Stop talking shit and actually write something as good as Twin Fantasy.

You have to be a newfag

>inb4 "hi will"

stereogum.com/1913971/car-seat-headrests-will-toledo-shares-hot-take-on-sufjan-stevens-carrie-lowell/news/

>“I wish Carrie & Lowell felt less like a sucessful exercise in generating ‘Sadness’ and more like a collection of songs that the artist cared about writing.”

>Toledo apologized to Stevens. The post begins with the line, “God fucking damn it, I’m becoming the next Father John Misty, aren’t I?”

I guess that's pretty dumb

he was right about Carrie and Lowell tho

Sam is a better songwriter though and has infinitely more varied projects that Toledo. Teen suicide is and always was better than cardboard headrest

I love C&L, but this is pretty funny. People should publicly shit talk more often.

hi Sam!

both suck ass
alex g and outer limit recordings shit on both of them

youtube.com/watch?v=oX1eqHwPvaM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ia1mI1wuPM

Damn, I had no idea Sam Ray was dating Kitty Pryde. pretty fucking hilarious article, even though I disagree.
Teens of Denial was meh but Twin Fantasy is a fucking classic

>phone poster
>death grips meme
>death grips/normalfag instagram meme mashup

edgy 15 year old spotted

my friends and I saw teen suicide and elvis depressedly last year and sam ray is even harder to stand irl than in his bitter writing

Bahahaha. I fucking new the idiot sucked.

>giving money to somebody u hate
cuck

I didn't pay for the ticket and I didn't want to miss matt

mac demarco is the teen titans go of contemporary rock

and marcel joins in for some reason

alex g is garbage

he's completely right

marcel actually has interesting taste

But everything he says about Toledo could be said about Teen Suicide

Thats some of the safest "beef" ive ever read, hes literally just leeching onto Sufj's mild popularity by "critisizing" him, this shit is unreal.

this

>dating Kitty
How low does someone have to go?

/thread

>for some reason
you know why

he's married to kitty lello

I'm so glad I left that scene back in 2014 it's as if the internet is all that sustains it now

hi marcel how's college?

lmao didn't he give a war on drugs albums aoty

Yeah this
Saw the dude open for Built to Spill and he reminded me of Mac Demarco only somehow even less interesting and original

>tfw marcel becomes the Paul Joseph Watson of the music industry