What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0rlzKTSn3eS
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Starts off really well and then the human actors show up.

nothing. they did good. OP failed tough.

That's a good way of putting it.

Also, lorefaggots shat on it because it wasn't 100% the game, and it didn't explain itself well enough for pleb audiences to get it. Much as I enjoyed the movie (it was basically pure fantasy, and I fucking needed that) it fucks up in a couple key respects.

50% orc screentime and 50% human screentime when it should have been 70% orc screentime, 30% human.

The orc storyline had decent storyline, interesting villian, interesting characters that weren't too 1 sided, and the cgi was decent. The human moments fell short, sometimes in the acting, sometimes in the casting, sometimes with the story.

I would have cut all of Garona's scenes, half of the King's scenes, recast the King and Queen, recast Ben Foster.

Cut to shreds by editing and 45 minutes of context was lost

Human Actors were all terrible. Some seriously shitty TV level acting. I thought I was watching an episode of GoT.

Storyline was rubbish, and obviously a side-thought to the film's production.

Stylistically it was pretty good, I loved the CG for the Orcs, but I feel like they could have done a lot better and pushed themselves with the overall visual style. Somethings felt out of place, and others were a little half-assed.

glad it wasn't just me with preferring the orc stuff, although i don't really like warcraft orcs.

ragnar lothbrok had fun, and khadgar and medivh were likable enough. but the king? what the fuck? it just gave me... nothing, it starting making me angry every time he came on screen and mumbled some unenthusiastic bongspeak out of his half open mouth. he's some z-list theater faggot that mummies like because hes a prettyboy, no idea why he was cast here though. i thought garona did really well with her material although the character was not really tough and savage, more of a naive slut.

it was only good at doing epic comic book world-ending/saving shit, which i guess is warcraft for you.

and now, and artist's interpretation; vocaroo.com/i/s0rlzKTSn3eS

Fucking hyperkek bruv

Also, Dom Cooper's actually okay in Preacher, but yeah he was fucking ASS in this movie.

> lorefaggots shat on it because it wasn't 100% the game,

No, they shat on it because it revolved around post-WoW retcons. All of which have been horrid.

>handful of talented actors were either in voice only, or cornball hammy roles
>spend your whole budget on making the cgi look good
>spend minimal time on script and story
>edited context out

They should've just released it as the 5 hour unedited fanboy film it should have been rather than try to bring in the normie crowd in movie theatres.

Duncan confirmed there would be no directors cut

Just waiting to confirm that no sequel will be made either. Blizzard are starting up a film/tv studio though

Who the fuck was it even for?

It gave warcraft lore fags the middle finger with all the fucking retcons, from the small to big ones, so not them. It also namedropped/introduced like 25 major characters in the first half hour without ever explaining who they are, so it's not made for casuals/people that don't know shit about the universe.

So I ask again, who was this aimed at?

maybe they were too deep into production, but at some point duncan must have realized how shitty these actors are, right?

Just like capeshit gives the middle finger to comic book fans?
It was an adaptation so things change, and the Warcraft story, especialy the late storylines, are fucking garbage.

>Dominic Cooper
>prettyboy

what? he looks like a fish

Pacing was bit off. Humans actors were bit off.

However it was a positive direction. With rooms to improve upon and a good trilogy in making.

It was probably more along the lines of once they started shooting, some chinese person said "you hav budget fol one take."

A friend of mine streamed a Chinese camrip of it and I watched it knowing jack shit about Warcraft lore.

I remember the names of like 2 or 3 characters and half the time I didn't know what the fuck was going on or why. I think my favorite part was when the, I think, king's son gets like 5 minutes of screentime total before showing up for his final 30 seconds of getting killed shouting FOR AZEROTH and it's treated like this emotional moment like I was supposed to give a shit about this faggot who was barely even in the movie.

Wow, dude died. And for Azeroth. He was such a patriot. I'm so sad right now.

I got the feeling through the whole thing they expected you to know the lore coming in since they didn't explain jack shit, and if that's the case why have a theater release at all? The only reason to have one is so normies will come and see it but what good is that if none of them can follow it? Make a 3 hour fanboy fuckfest so you don't have to introduce the whole cast in 10 minutes and then keep the steam train rolling.

It's not the worst movie I've ever seen but it was basically like watching a huge blur. To be honest I barely remember any of it now. The part that sticks out most to me now was the big in-fight between the orcs which was probably the best part of the film.

anduin has like 2 lines in the book, in the movie he's a main character

the movie should have been like an m night shamalayananyn movie focusing mainly on medivh from khadgars pov

Warcraft 1-3 lore is on the spot but I agree with the later WoW lore shit. Still if you are going to change events and characters to such a fucking a degre, then why use the same name? That wasn't Gul'dan or Blackhand or Khadgar.

They made a fan movie for fans that makes little sense to anyone else but changed what those fans wanted to see? Capeshit may be a middle finger to comic fans but at least it has broad appeal to casual viewers not familiar with the source material, this wasn't that, this was (in their own word) a movie for the fans.

The editing resulted in some of the worst "teleporting character" story telling that I have seen in years.

There were actual portals being used by the orcs, but the humans traveled all over the kingdom within minutes. The MC rides a griffon and is a bit more mobile, but characters on horses were also capable of making long journeys in a heartbeat.

is the film studio gonna have live action stuff or just animation?

I like the radio silence from blizzard.
It's like this movie never existed, and it is not even on their official store

they told the worst part of the story.
if they had done arthas, the war of ancients or illidan it would have been great.

There's plenty of movie-related merch on their store and the actual movie isn't for sale yet.

Why didn't blizz QA this? it could have been so much better with a few tweaks

Nothing. They made a cartoon for the people of China and it was a success.