You agree?

you agree?

Yes.
Only a pleb would disagree.

God

nah, clarke's book was unfilmable

wtf i hate books and thinking now

Books are boring. They don't get you laid unless you are reading The Game.

But he said Lord of the Rings was unfilmable

Make the thus spoke zarathustra movie then.

Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be.

He is right about that. The movies are nothing compared to the books.

But isn't he being contradictory?

yes.

the question is a matter how entertaining it would be.

also up for debate: if a film adaptation ignores or alters things that was in the book, would it really be a filmatization of the book?

Yes, if "filmed" means "conveyed through film"

You can't film literally everything and anything, but given enough skill and understanding of your audience and their role in filmmaking as a form of communication, there's no limit in the conceptual carrying capacity of the medium

Topkek

A wise man indeed

He was murdered for exposing freemasons in his last movie too

>think about colors that don't exist

checkmate

what if i want to film something unfilmable?

Checkmate.

You couldn't think about them. Only the possibility of them as you wouldn't be able to visualize them

Kubrick was Jewish too.

Is self hating Jew the deadliest weapon against NWO?

"Stanley Kubrick's Dune"

hahahahahahahaha oh wow

That being the case, you can never film Lovecraft's "The Color Out Of Space." So Kubrick's quote is wrong.
Also these,

Yes - 100%

WHEN KUBRICK SAID THAT HE MEANT BY USING HIS ABSOLUTE MASTERY OF PRACTICAL EFFECTS

WHEN IT TOOK TALENT TO PULL OFF CREATIVE SHOTS, NOT SOME UNDERPAID CGI MONKEYS CHURNING OUT ANY OUTLANDISH GARBAGE YOU WANT

2001'S PRACTICAL EFFECTS FROM 1968 STILL HOLDS UP TODAY

KUBRICK WAS AN ABSOLUTE MASTER

>muh practical effects
what matters is the end product and a combination of practical and cgi can be really tight

Checked.

Practical effects have practical restrictions which means you need to be creative to work around them while CGing everything a lot of those limitations are removed.

I agree CGI has a place in film, but you need a responsible production team to avoid turning every action scene into a vidya cutscene.