Spain

>Spain
>France
>Portugal
>United Kingdom

Objectively speaking, who would you say had the biggest influence on the world? During the time they had their respective empires. My bets are on the UK.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XI-7NKDQKoU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Revolution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Turkish

Britain

they speak english in bumfuckingnowhereistan and on here so i'd say that though last half century or so probably cos of yanks

In the West? It's France. Not so much the French colonial empire as France itself. Western civilisation is based on the ideas of the Encyclopedists and the French Revolution. Nationalism, secularism, abolitionism, etc would not be a self-evidence in modern society if Napoleon had not brought French revolutionary ideals to all of Europe.

france by far

>Dieu et mon droit

UK who snatched everything previous empires had built and expanded its own power ever.

>During the time they had their respective empires
Then i would say Spain/UK/France>>Portugal

UK obviously

Even Luxembourg has a bigger influence than both Spain and Portugal

France obviously

France

UK, duh. We all speak english here so you have your answer.

t. french samefag

Depends.

Spain opened trade routes all over the world and unified transport routes across all continents, its influence made all nations for the first time in contact, but the British influence in regard to civilizing all the peoples of the world and doing That may have civilized and relatively developed nations (not much must also be said) is undeniable.

Personally I would not know how to choose.

>>United Kingdom

t. mohammed ibn mamadou

you have to go back

>everyone I disagree with is a muslim

>any other answer as france

we would be still serfs and merchants and nobles and all the shit of previous era if not for liberté egalité fraternité

cringe

>selfhating frogs are muslims

fix'd that for you, mohammed

France was an ideological power for the whole continent since the middle ages while the UK in the ideas camp has always been quite poor
Nonetheless the English sociology together with English revolution in the mid 17th century gave to the political institutions and reforms needed for the development of the manufactures and capitalism, facta that shaped the modern world.
I'd dare to say that the "English" exceptionalism (more like Anglo, since this difference is common, in different degrees in the whole Anglo world) is caused by the lack of penetration of the French enlightenment and later the revolutionary ideas.

France has lost the cultural war. Now they await to be destroyed by the Anglos. Their culture is now American culture, they have adopted the progressive ideas. Sad end for once great country

youtube.com/watch?v=XI-7NKDQKoU

Poland.

It's gotta be France 100%
Oh you

Everybody has lost the culture war, the mass culture is an American invention, there is nothing we can do actually We are speaking English in an American imageboard.
I don't know about France but I guess we're all equally fucked

>ideology
France
>trade/civilization
UK
>exploration
Spain

Lingua franca is english.The uk was more militarily influential.
Howver Portugal managed to export its culture to alot of other countries which translates to portuguese words and cuisine being part of the life of those people

France had a greater influence on European affairs but the British Empire was more significant globally, and so in the modern era has had a more significant lasting legacy.

>Spain
>exploration

What is Africa?
What is east Asian?
What is Australia?

>Exploration
Is this a joke?What has spain discovered btw?you couldn't even find your fucking way to india

All Portuguese discoveries

new world faggots

More like the Caribbean, Mexico and Peru faggot

cry me a river

>replying to illiterate MENA fags

>mfw they actually believes this
A Spaniard never set a foot on the 75% of the red painted map.
since probably you're not working, better start studying

Starting from Charlemagne probably France. Probably though if you started after Napoleon it would be the Brits. However, you could argue Spain setting up the first permanent settlements in the New World made it influential.

>What is Africa?
Spain was already African.

Spaniard should suck a cock and die tbqh

G-Germany?

>ideology
us
>trade/civilization
dutch
>exploration
portuguese

Anglo devise is "Dieu et Mon Droit"
First Anglo colony devise is "Avancez"

Fuck off mamadou

Was going to say exactly this.

the UK
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Revolution

>Charlemagne
>French

Germanh exploits europe instead of helping europe....

inb4
>Charlemagne
>German

he was frank

Brazil

France

1. France
2. Spain
3. Uk

Im being totally objective.

The UK with its Industriaul Revolution alone trumps them all.

He was Belgian

>inb4 well that means hes French HON HON HON

France probably, as said, and I would also add to his comment the immense influence of French intellectuals such as Lyotard, Foucault, and Derrida on contemporary left-wing discourse. Most British influence has been through the United States, e.g. we speak English because it is spoken by the world's pre-eminent power.

Belgians didn't existed at that time. He was frank.

So many fucking deluded ouiaboos here

>Most British influence has been through the United States, e.g. we speak English because it is spoken by the world's pre-eminent power.

Stop spouting this terrible meme. Although America has helped a great deal, the English language was spreading around the world since the 17th century and the British Empire played a huge part.

Yes, he was a Frank who laid the foundation of France/Germany/the Low Countries or basically Western Europe. He is a transnational figure

English was already spoken in many parts of the world. America just strengthened the position of the english language.

also Derrida was a algerian jew

I'm not denying it. But do you really think the rest of the world would be speaking English right now if the primary language of the U.S. were, say, Spanish or French?

>if the primary language of the U.S. were, say, Spanish or French?

But it isn't, because do you know why?

>But it isn't, because do you know why?
That is precisely my point.

Portugal™ of course, after all we spread western culture and religion throughout the entire world, creating colonialism, not to mention the impact we had on world cuisine and navegation! Portugal is also known for establishing the first global empire and trading monopoly. The other empires pretty much piggybacked on ours.

Don't forget to visit us at 38° 44' 13.0056'' N and 9° 8' 33.6660'' W

Tie between France and Britain with Spain very close to them . Portugal 4th. Spain was and still is relevant as fuck, but for some reason the Anglos propagandaded them to high hell.

Can't think of anyone who suffered more memes about them than the Spaniards , with the Irish and Italians close by. And of courts we get side memed as well.

The United Kingdom and France share this responsibility, they're the only two truly relevant European nations. Then America came along, the 13 British Colonies and their Founding Fathers who were all of British stock decided to form a union and carry this on. Of course the UK and France still hold their own in terms of music, literature and mass media.

>Spain was and still is relevant as fuck, but for some reason the Anglos propagandaded them to high hell.

t. Pablo Gomez

>Second most spoken language in the world
>Major EU economy
>One of the most visited countries in the world
>Based enough for no one to mess with them during WW1 WW2 and the cold war

I could on and on. The port of Coruña alone exports more than Porto and Lisbon.

Friendly reminder Portugal was a minor nation according to Empire TW

>Prazuck
a fucking polack reeee

Depressing. I had to install a mod to play as Portugal.

Even he can't be arsed to sign his name properly.

>that fucking abstract signature

I tried my luck with portugal on the same mod m8.

All that game made me realize is that I seriously fucking hate indians and the spanish for being bullies.

Charlemagne was a French and so are the Franks, we (French)are the descendants of the Salian Franks aka the Only Relevant Franks

Ripuacuck can die and so can Chamavecuck

Portugal is way more fun in EU and VIC anyways. Civilize them all.

It's all about the marketing. Obviously putting a country like France, with 6 times more population than Portugal, is going to be more profitable and get more potential buyers.

>French people look like me

Not possible. French I met always had more blue eyes and fairer hair.

Pale with brown hair and brown eyes are a rarity only in mix areas like Northern Italy and Iberia can you find it .

>French I met always had more blue eyes and fairer hair

These are either Belgians(descendants of Belgae Gauls) LARPing as French or the RARE remaining Gauls.

Charlemagne aka Karl der Große ruled from Aachen, his court was in Aachen, his residence was in Aachen, he was buried in Aachen

He named his daughters Adalhaid, Rotrude, Bertha, Gisela, Hildegarde and Hiltrude which are obviously 100% Germanic names

His friend and biographer was Einhard

The core territory of the Franks was Austrasia which was barely in France but covered most of the Low Countries and Western + Central Germany

Pic related are actual French

As you may see, our Frankish blood didn't dilute with G*rms or Ga*ls

>Language
>Blood

Although he spoke a Germanic language he was of French blood

1st British empire
2nd Roman Empire
3rd Napoleon's French Empire
4th Spanish Empire
5th Portuguese Empire
6th German 2nd Reich
7th Russian Empire
8th Dutch Empire
9th Danish Empire
10th Belgian Empire

What is that kid on the end in the blue shirt thinking about?

>Second most spoken language in the world
So what? The number of speakers doesn't say much about a language's importance globally. Portuguese has more speakers than Japanese, German or Italian, but it's still nowhere as relevant as those languages.

>One of the most visited countries in the world
Dude, come on.

>The port of Coruña alone exports more than Porto and Lisbon.
That's not at all impressive

I'm not the same Brazilian user btw

uk > spain > france > portugal

Don't forget diversite and sodomie

The only place I met people who look liked me was in Britanny.

Other than that , a lot more blue eyes and blond hair ( all though I saw a lot of blonde haired children which honestly is common everywhere in Europe).

If America spoke Spanish, we wouldn't be the preeminent power in the world

If that's typical French than you have a lot more in common with Northern Iberians and Northern Italians than you think.

Yea, you would. English would have been the French of today while everyone would speak Spanish as a second language.

Getting filthy rich as Portugal in EU4 is always fun.

The reason Mexico, and South America is shit has nothing to do with the geography. The land is fertile and full of valuable commodities.

>Aachen
It's Aix-en-Provence.

>since the 17th century

suuuuuuuuuuure

19th.

The reason is we didn't wipe out the natives AND we imported more blacks. South America was mainly extraction colonies like India was to the Brits . We didn't settle like the Brits did North America and Australia. We didn't allow women on ships.

Italy

18th.

Brits were French Spanish and Dutch bitches until Napoleon was defeated. I find it funny how they erase that from their history lmao.

>tfw I wuz frankish n shit

Sweden is:
>Founded Russia
>First to settle Iceland
>Insured the survival of protestantism
>Automatic identification systems
>Zipper
>Ultrasound
>Seatbelt
>Celsius
>Dynamite