Squad goals

>io9.gizmodo.com/suicide-squad-did-not-manage-to-defeat-the-reviews-1785296623
>the movie supposedly needs make between $750 and $800 million to break even. And it’s probably going to have to do that without being released in China. It’s at $384 million right now, and it doesn’t look like the momentum’s going to take it there. Batman v. Superman’s take was $872.7, with about $95 million coming from China. And so far Suicide Squad hasn’t done as well at that movie did.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/nE9MO
youtube.com/watch?v=Hw__B24L-70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the movie supposedly needs make between $750 and $800 million to break even
Literally no source

>175 million budget
>800 million to break even

nah

>putting a direct link to io9 without archiving it

I would shove OP's teeth in if he were in front of me.

archive.is/nE9MO

Hollywood Reporter

maybe theyre factoring in opportunity cost

625m for markting isn't that unrealistic

>it's at 384 million right now

It's at 465 right now and it hasn't opened in Germany,Austria,Greece,Japan.
>the movie supposedly needs make between $750 and $800

Literally source = my ass

>625m for markting

>isn't that unrealistic

the studio only gets a percentage of the box office and not everything.

Commercials cost money, billboards cost money, press costs money, etc. Don't be such a dumbass.

>625m for markting isn't that unrealistic

Not even The Force Awakens had that big of a ad budget

>caring about this pointless shit
Huxley was right

750-800 million probably wasn't the break even point but where WB was considering it a success

Remember that movies aren't successful just because they made a single dollar of profit. BvS was a profitable movie but nowhere near the rate of return wb wanted considering the 410 million+ total expenditures

>175M-200M production (175M before reshoots... GotG for instance went 50M over budget due to reshoots)...
>~200M for marketing (blockbusters generally spend around the same amount from production on marketing)
>375-400M

>Studio takes half the Box Office
>750-800M x 0.5 = 375-400M goes to WB

seems accurate

PLEASE MAKE THE HARLEY AND BATMAN MOVIE!

lol ikr? I swear pol are getting dumber Idiocracy wasn't supposed to be a documentary xD

>literally everywhere and even in the sticks of flyover states
lmao

>shoes cost money
>"those shoes must have cost 50 billion"

literally your logic family

Seeing how many fucking Ghostbusters trailers there were at the time of its release, and seeing how many trailers there are now at the time for SS's release, I can say that there were a lot more Ghostbusters trailers then there are of SS, and yet Ghostbusters spent under 300mil for marketing.

I'd say they used far far less for SS.

That's fine but what about other revenue from tie-ins and merchandise and so forth?

The marketing for SS was definitely bigger

this

if you spend a year working for someone and only get paid a pittance, it's unlikely you'll continue working there.
the same logic applies here - just because the film makes a marginal profit doesn't mean that WB will think it's worth making a sequel when they can focus their efforts elsewhere.

>arguing over which rich guy makes more money passionately
>can't muster up anything but apathy to everything else because in real life it's so uncool to like things
Millenials are retarded, nothing but attention seeking cuckolds for rich people

That is not directly tied to the movie income
But it's like this guy said Hollywood Reporter said 750-800M would make WB satisfied and consider it a win, not exactly that it needs to do that to make a profit

The movie is going to end up at 500-600M, it won't be a flop, but WB won't be so happy

>he thinks studios get 100% of the box office gross
Are you literally retarded?

It doesn't add up to over half a fucking billion.

I'm Back, Bitches! LOL!

First off, how much Suicide Squad merch have you seen outside of t-shirts?

You've got to factor in design and production costs of that merch, distribution and advertising costs... then you've got to realize that Suicide Squad isn't Minions, so you're not going to be making that kind of mad dosh.

Merchandise isn't going to factor into the success of a movie like Suicide Squad.

125 million could be great for marketing and just spend the 500 million(half of a billion) on blackjack, hookers a small island and a military to protect it...

>he thinks a film needs 800million to break even

holy fuck kid stay in school

I know a lot of people who were going to see it but didn't because of the bad reviews. So to say reviews don't matter is stupid. I saw it and it was ok.

Good God are you a dolt or what

When a film's total costs are around $400 million, yes
But be continue to be a moron

>Germany,Austria,Greece,Japan.
Yeah those are some massive markets

I don't want DC to die, but I don't want this to succeed.

Why would DC die because of WB movies. They're a comic book company.

175 million dollar movie.
800 million to break even?

WHUT?

Even if they threw 100 million in promotion (which would be a HUGE promotion budget) they would be breaking even at 500 million on just the movie receipts.

No, you overestimating the amount they are spending on promotion by a large margin.

Those numbers don't sound right at all.

Do they take in to account the guerrilla marketing techniques, the fact that WB own a lot of the stuff they advertise on, rebates, etc?

Total costs are not 400 million dollars.

>It’s at $384 million right now
Worldwide: $465,374,728

>retards who think the studio gets 100% of the BO

>Studios don't get the full percentage of the gross
>Marketing costs are included
>$175 isn't the real budget

That's pretty good for a ten day total on a film critics tried actively to bury

>its another negative DC article despite a 67% drop being normal for capeshit, still being number 1 at the weekend and pretty much guaranteed to make $600 million plus ww

NO MEDIA BIAS HERE AT ALL

ITT: DCucks being more delusional than Ghostjusters feminists

It's over. Marvel won.

Eh it's clickbait, isn't it.

DC/WB are basically the Nintendo in the console wars shit from Sup Forums. They're probably making quite a bit of money from what they're doing but, of course, critics and journalists know better than the executives of multi billion dollar turnover companies.

>the movie needs $1.3 trillion dollars to break even

hahahaha

>see it's still a bomb so we win suck it misogynerds

they really took ghostbusters hard didn't they

>a 67% drop being normal for capeshit

lol
it's normal for terrible capeshit

175+100=275
considering the fact that the studios get a high percent of the opening and first week 400 would be enough to make a small profit
they already have Worldwide: $465,374,728

They spent a lot on marketing.

Literally give me WB provided figures.

Not as much as ghostbusters!

oh, the media are still pushing this narrative. It's funny that every single DC movie needs to make $800 million to break even.

More like 400, the opening and first week give the studios high percentage of the revenues not 50%!

As long as they keep making hugely expensive money and spending tons of cash on marketing so people will see it on the first weekend because the movies are bad and don't have any legs, they will keep needing to make 800 million

Marvelcuck btfo

>>Studios don't get the full percentage of the gross
>>Marketing costs are included
>>$175 isn't the real budget
You need source that 175 million is not the real budget.

WB spent between 300-325 million when you include promotion. That the high end estimate.

if it makes 650 million in movie-plexes, it would make a profit JUST on the ticket sales. However.

they will get 100 million in TV rights
another 20 million easily from DVD/Blu Ray and streaming
So not including Merchandise, the movie only needs to clear 400 million to break even. at most 500 million if they have shitty contracts for overseas showings.

hugely expensive movies*

>Suicide Squad is a flop for not making 800 million

BUT

>Ghostjusters is a success for not making 500 million

Yep, which would mean that they would break even just on ticket sales at 550 million, which they will reach.

Rebates.

WB own the shit they're advertising on.

Product placement and sponsorship deals.

If you think the DCEU isn't making bank, you're delusional. The entire trying would be canceled by now if that happened. The issue is they're very plainly and very publicly NOT doing as well as a long term rival in the same medium.

DC would stop making movies if they were losing money. But they aren't losing money, so they're going to keep making movies. End of story.

>SS & GB have the same budget
>everyone but blogs with agendas has reported GB is a flop, i.e. THR, Variety, etc
Derp indeed, user

>LOL!

Sure, newfag.

This might very well be the case.

This. See The problem is they aren't making as much as their direct competitor. In a very public setting.

Marvel vs DC has always just been a missing contest.

Reported budget is apparently $175 million before reshoots (one of the actors said the real budget was $250 million)
Marketing for such a heavily advertised franchise film is around $100 million (lowballing a lot here, could even be as high as the budget itself)
The total cost of the movie is somewhere between $300-$400 million

>Sony has been on the verge of death for about 7 years now
>they keep making movies despite that
Amazing logic

I am not disagreeing with you. I suspect it made it profit point some time last week.

I miss 1.jpg

BvS= Worldwide: $872,662,631
Deadpool= Worldwide: $782,612,155
X-MEN= Worldwide: $539,701,327

>Reported budget is apparently $175 million before reshoots (one of the actors said the real budget was $250 million)
Pretty sure Courtney said something like they run under budget and the reshoots were allotted for in the original budget, but I'm not sure if he's an authority on the subject.

this

>The issue is they're very plainly and very publicly NOT doing as well as a long term rival in the same medium
Nailed it

>Marvel vs DC has always just been a missing contest.
Guessing that's supposed to be "pissing", but also correct
Actually makes sense. They wouldn't be continuing in the business if they weren't making money.

= Worldwide: $193,924,002

>without being released in China.
Why didn't they just give it a different title for release in china? Its not like there isn't precident for renaming releases for international release. Fuck even captain america went by "the first avenger" internationally.

Its not like the content of the movie was that extreme so i have to assume its JUST the title.

>625 million
>For marketing
What the fuck?

>Actively Rooting for Suicide Squad to do poorly

Criticism of a summer comic book action movie is one thing but these faggots are on some next level bullshit. I'm convinced there is media conspiracy against WB

> $175 million before reshoots
THAT'S HORSESHIT

That's probably what will happen.

If we get to the end of August and there's still no date, its safe to say it isn't happening. Generally there's between 2 weeks and 2 months when the release date is revealed before the film releases. I doubt it will get a release so late.

It's a shit movie and WB should be punished for ruining it with their interference.

>media conspiracy against WB
>when WB themselves keep fucking up
And before you get butthurt about DC, they're fucking up every other property they have too

They get financial backing for producing films. No movie, no investors. They dont even need to show a huge profit since hollywood accounting means they can write underperforming pictures off as a loss at the end of the year.

Think of it like winning a bunch of money gambling. If you can show you have lost more than youve gained over a fiscal year you wont have to pay as much in taxes.

There definitely is, especially with all those reviews! We should burn Rotten Tomatoes which WB actually owns!

Maybe not for the coked out executives at WB. . . .

I'm fully cognizant of the fact RT is an aggregator

Did you actually think Suicide Squad was a good movie?

I enjoyed it, despite it's flaws

See, with respect, I cant really understand that.

The soundtrack was oppressive
the dialogue was incredible overwrought
The action was confusing and poorly shot
the editing was incomprehensible
Leto's Joker was forgettable at best, tacky and chingy at worst
the '''''humor''''' was seemingly aimed at people under 18

It was just awful.

now opening in China
youtube.com/watch?v=Hw__B24L-70

Haha DChad here. I'm loving numale tears

>s-s-suicide squad needs eleventy billion dollars to break even!!! We did it boys

The editing was bad.Too much being cut and the re shoots might have contributed to the muddled vibe

I agree with this. I saw it in the Sup Forums stream and it was beyond awful. Most of us on this board are too close to these things to see them without bias. If you showed me Ayer's original cut, I would be more thoughtful but what we have right now does not hold up, it just teases something better that used to exist but I'm not gonna say that makes the theater cut good.