Operatorkino

After Sicario I started binge watching everything that had to do with the cartels and now I'm stuck in vortex of operator movies. What can you recommend? Currently watching pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zq2PNmCCE9w
youtube.com/watch?v=5xxTK0YCm94
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Haywire

Not Cartel related but here are some of my favourite operational movies.
Heat
Leon
Dredd (seriously)
John Wick (It's shit but Reeves went full operator for the roll)
Collateral (Cruise exhibits some great gunplay in this one)

Elite Squad

5 seasons of two guys playing with guns, killing all kinds of brown people and fucking bitches - Strike Back

Miss Bala is pretty solid.

actually OP, kinda confused, you want cartel movies or operator movies?

Triple 9 is the best answer from this year

Shooter

everything this guy said is pretty much /k/ approved

Zero Dark Thirty
Black Hawk Down (duh)

Training Day

Generation Kill

>Dual wielding 45.s
>Firing side ways

Training Day is an amazing film, but operational it is not.

>John Wick
>It's shit

Objectively wrong and shit opinion.

>king kong scene
>not operator

Though I only recommended it because he liked Sicario.

Outside of the club scene it's a dumb revenge shooter that goes on for 30 minutes too long. Cast is bland as all hell too, totally wasted Defoe.
Nah, not really.

Both parts of Tropa de Elite.

The Hunter is pretty good. It's about a mercenary but has more of an emphasis on tracking, marksmanship and other field work crucial to operating.

The following movies are SHIT, in case somebody recommends them:
>Lone Survivor
>American Sniper
>Hurt Locker
Lone Survivor was retarded generic action garbage, and the people irl involved got themselves in that situation by their own stupid decisions (and I don't mean not killing some shepherds).
American Sniper is based on a book which consists mostly of lies. The rest is just propaganda. The movie adds some more lies on top.
Hurt Locker is based on fantasy. Everyone in that movie is absolutely incompetent.

Raid 1 is operator-ish
Raid 2 isnt but still great

Escobar makes a fine favella cop

seconding heat

The Last Ship

The way of the gun

wait he's brazilian?

Equilibrium bro

Wild Geese is always worth a watch

There's also a documentary called Africa Addio that shows British, European and South African mercenaries in action in the Congo.

Greatest operatorcore is the israeli tv show Fauda. Nothing even compares. You can find it with good subs on private trackers

watch the unit. 4 seasons of operator kino

Terminator Salvation

Get out

obviously Joao, he can't speak in spanish for shit

>hurt locker
>shit
Le contrarian face

true I always thought he had a weird spanish accent

fuck off

Hurt Locker is fucking great you cuck.

Some physical operator kino are the joe ledger books

>hey lets just pull on this wire of this IED xD
It's pretty good but when you notice the things they did so very wrong it's not as enjoyable anymore. I'm probably autistic.

ok the film isnt very good kino-wise, but it does have a decent oper8or showing as it is acted by real (ex) Navy SEALs. (acting is bad)

Havent watched it in a few years though.

Act of Valor

Watch seasons 2-5 of StrikeBack. Pure operator show

this. Criminally underrated.
No cartel film though.

Found this video, explains it quite well:
youtube.com/watch?v=zq2PNmCCE9w

I made it 4 minutes
These criticisms are just stupid
>hurr why didn't the character do this instead?
Literally everything he complains about makes sense in context. It might not be the most accurate film in the world, but who the fuck cares?
Gladiator is offensively historically inaccurate and it's still incredible

What movies have some real good knife fights?

Out for Justice

that was really cool
I'm pretty sure the raid has some decent ones in it

>only one dude says way of the gun
the fuck

Most movies don't portray accurate knife fights. I can tell you now that most actions involving a knife are over within one or two actions.

>sneak up on sentry
>insert knife into jugular
>push knife forward

That doesn't make good action movies, so instead you get Commando-tier bullshit.

The Hunted is all I can think off, pretty operator as well.

>he hasn't seen the raid
to assume is to make an....
youtube.com/watch?v=5xxTK0YCm94

haha yeah. i'm a native spanish speaker and i always get thrown out of the show a little bit whenever he has extended lines of dialogue. it makes me wonder what other casting choices they had

Those digits

>54 replies without one mention of Seagal

Collateral
Dredd
John Wick
Blue Ruin in its own way

This.

Also The Raid parts 1 and 2.

And you should read The Power of the Dog and The Cartel, by Don Winslow.

Glad to see Jim and Roy patched things up

The Man From Nowhere has an amazing one, The Raid 2 also

Coriolanus

aside from being perfect shakespere's adaptation, it's decent operatorkino

Is Narcos operator core?

I can do this shit.

Not even lying or trying to sound cool brehs, I trained Jeet Kune Do/Filipino martial arts for three years which I regret.

Theres a knife drill called "hubud" which is what they're doing. It's simply muscle memory, at first I sucked and after practice over and over it becomes easy.

It's useless though. I box now and none of the stuff I learned in the traditional martial arts helped me at all. Jeet Kune Do could be effective if it was taught as Bruce Lee intended, but it's become the very thing he despised; it's now a martial art filled with weeaboo nerds who want to fight "like bruce lee". They do all these drills like the one you see in this video but they hardly spar.

I've learned no end of fancy takedowns and "trapping", and at the end of the day the only thing that really works is boxing head movement and simple parries.

Sorry it got a little tl;dr there, I didn't mean to get carried away. Don't buy into this bullshit you see these guys do though. I understand it's a drill but even then it doesn't work the way it's intended.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the operatorkino meme means. The only thing that could be considered "operator" about Training Day is the manner in which Alonzo is cut off and executed at the end of the movie.

There was nothing "operator" at all about the chimpout King Kong scene.

You should read Bravo Two Zero. Or watch either the movie or mini series (I forget which is better). Then (or instead) watch Midnight Express. Also Deer Hunter.

I love this thread

Super underrated movie.

>And you should read The Power of the Dog and The Cartel, by Don Winslow

truly an amazing book from a completely underrated author. I heard he's going to be the primary author on Michael Mann's publishing venture. Can't wait to read some of those books. The first, I think, is a novel about the Chicago Outfit, a generational piece with two main character, Tony Accardo and Sam Giancana. It has Winslow written all over it and he should blow it completely out of the water.

I need to get my hands on The Cartel.

see

is this in slow mo?

Operate your heart out, OP

I was mostly joking, however Training Day is very similar to Sicario in general like I said in my second post.

I just really didn't like how it was shot/ how it looked

like, heat is a fucking gorgeous movie, and mann's aesthetic in general is amazing (I would add Miami Vice to the list in this thread)

Sicario had some seriously memorable shots.

The Raid is just a joy to watch.

Haywire was muddy and unimpressive to me visually

so when's you mma debut mr. karate man. looking for that big money fight with conor?

no steven seagal is just the human version of eric cartmen in every way

Based

Like I said in my previous post
>Not even lying or trying to sound cool brehs,

I'm not that good. I've been training for 7 years total and I'm not anywhere near the level I should be at. I suffer from low self esteem too.

I had my first boxing match this year which I won on points because I seem to lack power. I get caught regularly down training and I'm just nothing special.

I've spent so much time training, I've read books, I've trained different arts, I've obsessed over it because it's the only thing in my life I've ever committed too and I'm still nothing special. I'm ALWAYS the underdog and I suffer from low self esteem, and I'm weak. This was my point, I can do that hubud shit because it's nothing special. It's just repetitive movement over and over again; it's muscle memory but nothing that actually works in a real fight.

no, it's cool.
got any street-fight stories?

>King Kong scene is operator

I'm just curious to literally know what you meant by this

>John Wick (It's shit

fucking kill yourself you stupid fucking imbecile

It was a joke.

I did respond but deleted my post.

Fighting isn't clever. I box because I enjoy it but I'm not one for ego tripping.

I'm actually a pretty laid back guy, I trip on LSD regularly and I study buddhism. I only train because it's fun sparring and if I don't keep myself occupied I go to bad places. I tried quitting boxing and I ended up drinking too much and doing drugs too often because I was bored most of the time. I don't have a girlfriend because girls bore me and I don't have any friends anymore because all my friends are toxic so I abandoned them, they only want to drag me down and keep me on their level, or even a level below them so they can use me to try and make themselves look good. They don't like me trying to better myself and I don't fit in with them anymore unless I sell out.

Generation Kill is generally not operatorkino-type but it has two specific scenes that are operatorkino as fuck

you should get into comedy

I don't think fighting is the sport for you if you have low self esteem man. Gotta work on that if you want to see improvement. If you go into a fight with any self doubt, then the fight is already lost.

Oh yeah, I'm hard as fuck boys.

why are navy seals so shit?

I believe Ridley Scott is gonna make a movie off of The Cartel

>female super soldier meme

That is a damn good movie.

Arrow is pretty operator tier. If you look past the part about him being a superhero hes actually pretty resourceful and tactical.

And you've got Diggle the military man.

Oliver clears buildings and stuff.