youtube.com/watch?v=Zkp5jpnq-tM
youtube.com/watch?v=LXV-rAOKqe4
youtu.be/6ZWmzvP62tQ
youtu.be/5mqtvkluOD8
youtube.com/watch?v=xK5Oqv5wybE
youtu.be/l1NmlEHy7So
youtube.com/watch?v=PNmhyrAELX8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I only like "We Share Our Mother's Health" from that album.
Not because all the other tracks on it are bad or anything, i'm just too much of a pleb to truly appreciate The Knife past a bunch of key tracks in theid discography.

You don't even like the title track?

I really liked pic related when I first listened to it. After paying more attention to the lyrics and composition, and reading about Michael Angelekos' struggles with mental illness I appreciated it a lot more. I'd consider it one of my favorite synthpop albums now

Silent Shout is probably the only modern synthpop album I'd call "Great" just because its such a leap ahead artistically from anything else in the genre, besides maybe shaking the habitual. I'd put it up there with Power, Corruption and Lies and The Man Machine

trst

My nigga

this was such a good album and like a gateway for me to darkwave. shame its not really discussed

got really into TR/ST with Joyland, but couldn't get into this album for the longest time. it finally clicked and it really is great

will have to give it a listen, thx user

Kind of in the same vein as TR/ST, I really enjoyed pic related. Austras pretty good too

What else sounds like this? This is the only synthpop album I can get into

I'm quite positive that no one likes this album as much as I do, but it's so fucking great.

Bankrupt! by Phoenix.

I really liked it when it came out but don't listen much for no reason

why does all the music here sound like it was made by some tone deaf faggot who decided it was time to release his album after only using fruity loops for one month? is this like some ironic genre?

idk why does your reply sound like it was made by some actual deaf faggot who decided it was time to reply after listening to 2 seconds of anything mentioned in this thread? is this like some ironic reply?

>Bankrupt! by Phoenix.
I was going to buy this back in 2013 without having heard it because I liked the cover. I still haven't actually heard it.

It's never too late to listen to it!
it's fantastic!

My favourite album of all time. so happy to finally see it pop up. Me and my gf also have pic related as a tattoo. We cried real tears when they called it a day.

memes aside

Can this be considered synthpop in some ways? genuinely in doubt

Downloaded it, gonna give it a listen this evening!

I feel like this isn't synth pop but some songs are certainly pop influenced and there are synths

At least they went out with a modern classic

nah

Someone give me more shit like this and grimes

STH was the most beautiful and painful good-bye

>ladytron not posted
plebs.

>posting shoegaze Ladytron

>shoegaze
did you really listen to that album? only high rise, sugar, whitelightgenerator and maybe weekend are electro-shoegaze.

btw 604 > light & magic.

You forgot Destroy Everything You Touch but yeah, even if you count only those both 604 and Light and Magic are a lot more synthpop than Witching Hour. I don't remember a lot from Velocifero but I think it's more synth-in clined as well.

I despise synthpop, but where's Kraftwerk? This is just sad.

>You forgot Destroy Everything You Touch
destroy is synthpop, not shoegaze: youtube.com/watch?v=JTTwlAT_AwU

>both 604 and Light and Magic are a lot more synthpop than Witching Hour
they are.

>I don't remember a lot from Velocifero but I think it's more synth-in clined as well.
velocifero has plenty of synths. however, it's not pure synthpop.

>I despise synthpop
stopped reading here.

youtube.com/watch?v=-C_ijHitM-Q

>all these posts and they haven't put the lotion in the basket

youtube.com/watch?v=Zkp5jpnq-tM

>no dead astronauts

d i s s a p o i n t m e n t

(y)

Finally. Someone with taste.

no grimes yet?! wtf is wrong with you, Sup Forums? it's like you don't like her anymore.

lol heck no

thread is for great albums not bad albums

She's got great art direction and her videos are eyecandy, but music has been really bland and unremarkable lately. Her aforementioned fellow countrymen blow her out of the water completely.

Not even the track 'Silent Shout'?

>i'm just too much of a pleb to truly appreciate The Knife
Well, I guess knowing is the first step?

>not bad albums
ok, i'll take the bait. visions is a great album. more exactly, a masterpiece. i'm not the only oen with this opinion.

10/10 right here, this is up there with the greats.

This too.

You might dig Crystal Castles' III, S U R V I V E's s/t, Lust For Youth, this and Zola Jesus.

I actually really loved this album

Also, their live shows were some borderline occult shit (as much as it gets for vaguely synthpop collective at this point ofc)
youtube.com/watch?v=LXV-rAOKqe4

vaporwave is 100% synthwave. how music is composed or if it includes sampling has NO RELATION to the genre of music that it exists in.

>but music has been really bland and unremarkable lately
What are you talking about? Blue? Blue wasn't as good as Kin but it was still a solid synthpop album.

The online concert they did in 2012 was amazing. And personally I find iamamiwhoami much more consistent and pleasing to the ear than The Knife. Their brand of experimentation is much more subtle and less histrionic.
youtu.be/6ZWmzvP62tQ

Great overlooked synthpop.

Xeno & Oaklander

youtu.be/5mqtvkluOD8

shame it's so underrated

ayyyyy good good

>tfw no one ever will do another synthpop+chopped'n'screwed album
>even Purity Ring are already moving out of that sound
living is suffering

(y)

>tfw nooone will ever use lyrics like Megan's

are they even making music still?

One of my absolute favorite summer albums. Why was their follow up so awful? Oh well...

youtube.com/watch?v=xK5Oqv5wybE

no 80s English groups itt wtf lol
I mean no kraftwerk either, it's kinda daft

>stopped reading here.
Damn, how will I ever recover? Let's not pretend that this isn't another shitposting general.

fucking love Miami Horror. They're amazing live too

All Molly Nilsen albums could fit here desu

kill yourself

Funny thing is if Kraftwerk were posted they would be hailed as "entry level". There's no way to win with Sup Forums.

Fantastic

[spoiler]nice choose. i like the less i know the better[/spoiler]

Thanks, bud

youtu.be/l1NmlEHy7So
This album is the most dreamy synth pop i've ever heard, and i've never seen it posted on here.

It's not great

Who cares if it's entry level? Trans Europe Express is one of the best and most important albums of all time, it's a work of genius

Yeah I'm not shitting on them I actually love Kraftwerk dearly since it was one of the first bands I actually cared about to search and listen to their whole discog.

:: the real best synthpop ::

kraftwerk
new order
depeche mode
omd
the knife
grimes
fever ray
iamamiwhoami
chvrches
propaganda
mesh
goldfrapp
covenant
vnv nation
the human league
john foxx
perturbator
ladytron
eurythmics
yazoo
gary numan
tubeway army
m83
crystal castles
la roux
royksopp
wolfsheim
purity ring
cut copy
client
delphic
xeno & oaklander
pet shop boys
heaven 17
tears for fears
talk talk
hot chip
john maus
air france
dragonette
chromatics
computer magic
art of noise
ultravox

doss are underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=PNmhyrAELX8

Also, their synth guy, Loke Rahbek, is better known under the alias of Croatian Amor. He runs a lable called Posh Isolation, which is very much worth to check out if you're into melancholic ambient-ish electronics. Don't know how well known this label is on this board but you get the idea.

upchode

forgot my freakin pic! no more, please

Does Sup Forums like Echo and The Bunnymen

God tier. thanks user

I like that one song from Donnie Darko

yes

anything that uses synthesized sounds and has pop melodies is synthpop faggot

fuck no

did i say a definition of synthpop in my previous post? that's just a list of synthpop acts. nothing more, nothing less. tone down your autism, fuckwit.

the real best fag

The fever ray shows were legit pagan shit.

album name?

bump

What do you guys think about her new "persona" (ionnalee)?

THEY CALL ME THE BELIEEEEEVER