Is android finally on par with iOS...

Is android finally on par with iOS? I've been using iPhones since the 3rd gen and now I'm considering android as my spare phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/android-malware-phones-infected-samsung-galalaxy-s7-nexus-5x-models-before-sale-a7626726.html
blog.gdatasoftware.com/2017/04/29712-8-400-new-android-malware-samples-every-day
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes and has been for the past 5 years..
>former Apple nerd

don't do that
android sucks
>pic not related

Who dat and wy are you forcing her?

Swapped iOS for Andriod last year. Best decision I've made in a long time.

How do you know if someone has an iPhone? They TELL you..

my android sucks too... she sucks real hard

this. android hasn't understand the concept of simple functionality that apple offers.

>9gag

she's the new queen haven't you heard?

No, they aren't. Unlike the argument one could make for a PC being better than a Mac, they don't really have any additional features that make it all that worthwhile, especially when considering that the tradeoff is knowing that shit could randomly just break on your particular android.

iPhones are narrow and limited, but they are nice hardware and generally operate well and without any glitchy shit going on (like group texting for example)

>finally
Has always been better than Crapple and their excessive need to control your life. If you like bloatware and data stealing stick with iOS, if you like phones that aren't designed to break and can actually be worked on switch to Android

>bloatware
>apple
choose one

also, samesung is the bloatware queen, and they sell most droid crap

>bloatware
Dude, thats an android thing.

The same argument can be said for a kids bike with training wheels compared to a bike meant for adults.

>9gag

Do you want to control your phone? Android

Do you want your phone to control you? iPhone

do you want your ass on fire? Android
do you want a reliable, professional phone? iOS

Do you want to have to install anti virus and anti malware on your phone and have app stores where up to 80% of the content has malware - android

Do you want to not have to worry about any of that shit - iOS

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/android-malware-phones-infected-samsung-galalaxy-s7-nexus-5x-models-before-sale-a7626726.html

blog.gdatasoftware.com/2017/04/29712-8-400-new-android-malware-samples-every-day

Thats why you can shove Android where the sun doesn't shine

lel

You may as well just try it. I used to try android every couple of years but would always end up sticking with iOS. What made android so worthless for me was that I would try to lock it down as much as possible where I wasn't sending any info to google, which took away a lot of features and ease of use.

I don't mind sending some data to apple because they don't monetize it. Also things like imessage and FaceTime are proveably more private.

At least you can remove anything you don't fucking like, with Apple you're stuck with apps clogging all your shit up and you're forced to use probably the worst program, iTunes, to do fucking anything with your phone

Or just fucking flash a new ROM

This.

I have a Windows 10 phone and do IT for a living. If I ran an enterprise I would completely ban all android devices.

Android is like...letting all your users bring their shitty home computer into work with them and letting them plug it into your network.

IPhone is like everyone having a TV and hooking it to your cable.

Your fucking TV works fine if the netflix app doesn't run right. Your computer has a heart attack and doesn't run.

Says the person that thinks this tard is the new queen of b.

>Or just fucking flash a new ROM
this true, and may actually work.
but android, at least on samsung phones, wont let you delete apps. you can hide them, just as you can do on iPhone

No it can't you fucking idiot. training wheels don't touch the ground unless you go off balance, they don't impede use of the bike.

Pros for using an Android device:
>cheaper (actually they cost between $50-$1000 so it's very relative)
>doesn't have overpriced accessories
>3.5mm + mini-USB universally accepted on them
>mSD
>better camera on most devices
>better battery life on some phones
>some devices have wireless charging
>back button
>can be used as a flash drive, without having to use LagTunes (so it can also be a Bootable Media)
>can share files with other devices over BT/WiFi
>deletable default/system apps
>superior rooting
>great variety of phones
>adjustable interface
>superior operating system overall
>better apps
>better multitasking
>file manager (even dumbphones have this)
>can download and install software outside a single app store
>can download certain files without 3rd party apps
>can download over 100MB at once
>can torrent, become a tiny server, overclock/underclock, and more
>AdAway, XPrivacy, AFWall+, Lucky Patcher, additional security and privacy apps, custom ROMs, system tweaks, easy recovery, more features and apps
>more useful apps for tech competent people
>even if you jailbreak an iPhone to get a few additional features, a rooted Android device still has 10x features, it even has more features when it's not rooted
>is an actual smartphone, instead of being an overpriced dumbphone
>pretty much a computer in your pocket

iPhones are made for consumers only, those who will just use social media and nothing else. They're just an expensive hobby, popular because mindless consumers worship brands. Android is made for everyone, including consumers, and can do almost anything a desktop OS can do, plus whatever iOS can do. Lower end Android devices may be slower, but they come at 1/8 price of an iPhone and still can do much more. You can almost always fix an Android phone yourself instead of paying a pajeet $100 to check what's wrong and another $200 to fix it. You can't turn an iPhone into a useful tool and you're very limited when using it.

Bloatware is stuff that has to be on the device like iTunes and other garbage

Your a fucking idiot. No way in hell are you in IT and you use a Windows phone. Gtfo

Do you want to not have malware?? Just don't be a fucking idiot.

This guy won the debate.
/thread

What

rofl android was and will always be the better mobile os you fucking idiot.