Tfw no AOTYSF

>tfw no AOTYSF

am i getting older and busier or has the first half of 2017 just been really... lackluster

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol
youtube.com/watch?v=jfaW-yD7DoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah, 2017 hasn't been that good so far. I keep lurking AOTY threads for new bands but I still haven't found anything that blew me away. Plus every old band (as in with a trajectory) that has released a new album this year has been pretty bland (see: Mac DeMarco, The Flaming Lips, Foxygen, etc)
And also yes, you are getting older and busier

Music hasn't been good since like 2013

>2013
>the year deltron, daft punk, david bowie, and boards of canada all came back and all their albums were trash
i think thats when i lost interest in new releases to be honest

user it's since 2014 that there is no album of the year, music died that year

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol

/thread

People say this every year. You just don't want to like music.

New Slowdive was ok. As far as I'm concerned Ariel is the only one who can salvage this year

Why would I "not want to like music"? That's pretty dumb. I love music. I wish I could like all music.
It's like when people bitch about me being too bitter and serious, like it was my choice

Not yet out, but looks promising so far

I'm just saying, everyone on thIs website sits and talks about how they don't like music all day.

Well the best way to cope with not liking things is talking about it, I can't burden my IRL acquaintances with such crap

It's streaming on npr as of this morning. I'd probably be listening to it for my first time right now bt I'm watching you know what. I should squeeze it in one song at a time though.

>t. hasn't heard the new Ulver

Anyone hype for CHON's new Homeys?

You don't like the new Animal Collective?

i like music i think
i even like pleb stuff like mac demarco and would probably be considered a kendrick stan
but damn and this old dog were not good albums and i'm beginning to think this is the worst year of the 10s

Also it leaked a while back

2013 had
>Loud City Song
>Immunity
>The Inheritors
>Shaking the Habitual
>Slow Focus
Easily the best year since 2010 desu

Starting now

Ah, fair play.

Pretty good so far. I had to stop it though to watch you know what. Offhand it'll be a decision between 3/5 and a 4/5

We've probably reached a point where music isn't all that exciting anymore because we've literally heard it all.

The new beach fossils album is REALLY good

the closest thing we've had to an aoty so far was when rtj3 dropped on christmas eve

>you just don't want to like music
yes, obviously

You mean the closest thing to a consensus?

Go through the catalog at any given time and compare the number of posts talking about music the OP likes vs music the OP dislikes. It sounds silly, but I've become convinced that the majority of posters here don't actually like music.

These threads baffle me. Do you even follow new releases? I can think of 20 albums from this year I have enjoyed, and half of them will prob stay in rotation the rest of my life. I don't know what to say other than listen to more music? Are you expecting to be spoon fed?

Lol fuck off, disliking music is part of having taste. Sup Forums is obsessed mostly with shitty pop and hip hop-- no shame whatsoever if i look at the catalog and an uninterested in all the chvrches, grimes, kanye, and mac demarco threads.

Richard Dawson - Peasant deserves for moar attention and 5.0es on RYM. it has 23th place atm

please anones do it for me :3 make it new aoty

youtube.com/watch?v=jfaW-yD7DoA

If you're just posting a stock image you had for the thread that's fine, but Animal Collective put out a nice EP called Meeting Of the Waters. It's been good for a few listens on some of my slower days.

listen to the new Sufjan album, Planetarium, it's absolutely fucking insane.

i did not know that was out, been following it's development for a minute but forgot about it. thanks

What does he mean by "Jupiter is the loneliest planet."?

not officially out yet, just leaked, but it comes out tomorrow if you'd rather wait.

But why sit and bitch about things you don't like instead of moving on and talking about what you do like? Why post a thread like this complaining that music sucks now because you listened to the new Kendrick and Mac Demarco instead of just looking for music you do like?

I'm not the op, I'm just saying it's ok to hate the majority of music discussion on this board. This board is shit.

OP isn't even bitching, he shared his thoughts and asked how everyone else felt.