Does anyone here own a pet tortoise? tortoise thread?

does anyone here own a pet tortoise? tortoise thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198201546686
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I used to until some fag poisoned it.

I do

what breed, got any pics???

i need some tips regarding keeping a russian tortoise outseed. veteran owners, pliss tip

Russian and yea I have picks

Veteran owner here get a outdoor bunny cage thats as big or bigger than your indoor cage they will be fine at night as long as the temp stays above 55-60

Why are testudines literally perfect?

I have over 30 turtles tortoises. I've paid for like 3, the rest are surrendered to me to nurse to health or keep long term.

Fun facts:

research your chosen pet.
All turtles and tortoises need some kind of UVB radiation to properly process calcium.
Some tortoises, like russians and sulcattas can't process complex sugars, so no tomatoes, fruits, or vegetables with them in.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198201546686

Heres my steam incase you want more info or wana get me a game ;)

i am about to buy a russian pair. they will have about 12 feet by 5 feet of space. the ground for them will be dried land, there used to be grass but it doesnt grow anymore.will i have to disinfect it? will i need any substrate for outdoor. plus what is their diet. something that is not mentioned in the traditional online sites cause i live in a poor ass country.

My wife's tortoise just died this week. not sure why. he was about 25. wife and kids were pretty sad.

need some gay ass close up shots and what is up with the flip. the setting looks sick... how much did you pay for all this?

They should be fine but you need to know Russian tortoises dig so be aware of that I suggest putting wooden planks under the ground to prevent them from digging also they cant be out all year but right now is prime time to be outside for Russians

$200 because of craigslist

does anyone else also feel that these creatures are jsut pure mystical. like in the whale tier category.

i dont have any tortoises but i have two turtles

i had a red eared slider and a alligator snapping turtle

yeah ill get them a shed plus some dandelions to grow for them. but can they really dig through dry hard dirt surface?? and do you use any calcium supplements in therir diet? how old are yours?

i have a russian 4 toe tortoise hes parading in his terraria for the moment

fuck, they are like 30 dollars here for a young one.

I just have one she Is four I got her when she was just born I put calcium powder on her food every day unless Im feeding them fruit which I do once a month

how much did the alligator snap cost? heard they are pretty high maintainence. you gotta get some pics in here man. it is a breed to show off

yes

for everything cage lights tortoise food bowls

oh so calcium is importnat regardless of them getting sun or not? i am gonna bother you a bit but what exactly do you feed. the thing is i wanna get two of the fuckers and plan to get them at age to age 40.

Here's another photo of my Russian

You can buy a 55 gallon rubbermaid tub from a hardware store or yard sale and use pete moss and organic topsoil.

There's also a really good group for RTs on social media/facebook. They are always there to help out.

ill try and go take some
it didn't cost me anything he was a rescue after someone ran him over when they realized his complications would mean death in the wild i got to take him home

he was about the size of a small plate back than now hes a big boy

hes not to high maintenance we set him up a area of about 200 feet by 100 for him to swim and hide if she wants and his food bill is stupid high

looks pretty good, does it like being touched?

Yes the sun doesnt magically give them calcium you need to buy calcium powder so and put it on lettuce everyday any lettuce is fine but never feed them iceberg or salad lettuce

No it stresses her out so I only handle her once a week and she shits all over me almost every time I do it however thats just a personality thing all tortoises are different you may get lucky

oh yeah got vit d mixed up with calcium.

i need to correct its not a him its female

She's just a precious baby!

ever thought of breeding her? sell kids for massive profits???

I dont consider her a baby because shes 4 but yea maybe she is
also get them a flat rock to file there nails

never really crossed my mind
the damage that placed her in my care i fear might endanger her during breeding

i also dont know how a mate would react to the viable shell damage repair areas

I had two red eared sliders when I was a kid, and one of the niggers ate the other, then got fucking huge. Outgrew two tanks. Eventually my dad let it go in the wild.

Wouldn't be surprised if the motherfucker was still around somewhere. Probably weighs like 300 pounds by now.

rocks something like this?

No something more like this

what wpuld you call this?

in some parts of the united states alagator snapping turtles are eaten

Idk but it needs to have straight recangular/square like edges and a flat top so that it can scrath its nails

aw man that's sad, I had a tiny turtle at one point and it was a total bro, whenever I took it out it'd give me snoot boops

OP only listen to this guys everyone else is making up shit that they pull of the internet this guy atcually has a tortoise and showed you a timestamp

Naw its cool all tortoises are different and she is still really cool to look at especially when im playing videogames and rage i just look at her and it makes my day

>beautiful tortoise
>can I fuck it?