Anyone here ever just get obsessed with one band and buy almost their entire discography and listened to them...

Anyone here ever just get obsessed with one band and buy almost their entire discography and listened to them exclusively for like months and then move on to explore more music. For me im obsessed with the beatles and cant stop listening to them. And whenever i try to listen to other bands i just dont enjoy them. Feels bad/good

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!KF5GQCoD!ky6aIQuaeIkrqJ9N74idSg
youtube.com/watch?v=qxOw2eZ5iuM
youtube.com/watch?v=o0IgO0So2BU
mp3forum.com.ua/showtopic114291.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No that's gay

I've been on a kick since the 50th anv. edition of Sgt. Pepper. What's your favorite song by them since re listening?

For me I never realized just how perfect In My Life is. That song I think single-handedly inspired half of Pet Sounds.

iktf. I used to have 20 GB of Ween.

This is honestly my first real listening of them. It started when I bought rubber soul (uk). I Then moved up.I finally got abbey road and revolver this saturday. My favourite song so far is a day in the life or In my life

Yeah that happened to me with Owl City

>tfw still in that phase with anco
when will it stop

Listen to Painting With. You'll ditch them in a few days.

I used to be like this, last time it was with Radiohead ages ago, but now I try to just keep it balanced and not listen to an artists catalog all at once

Had that with queen and then with bright eyes

I was like that when I was younger. Now I just listen to whatever, because I have at least 50 albums sitting in my iTunes that I still haven't listened to yet.

>tfw Paiting With was, to me, the best AnCo album, after Spirit

Is there something wrong with me?

Yup, right now it's the beach boys. I have it pretty hard. They're just so fucking good that I'm actually pissed off that I wasn't in the band so I could've help Brian finish SMiLE.

It helped that Liturgy have a lot of content scattered all over the web that helps build their "lore," and it gets crazier the more you track down. Some point last year Hunter gathered most of it in one place and coincidentally that's when i stopped listening to them every day.

Beatles seem like a great band to fanboy over because of the sheer magnitude of related content but i honestly never had that phase

I'm obsessed with the Beatles too, by far my favorite band. But it made me very sad that they stopped making music in 1970 and we would never hear a new Beatle album. So I made 5 of my own from bootlegs and rarities. Sounds like something you might enjoy OP
mega.nz/#F!KF5GQCoD!ky6aIQuaeIkrqJ9N74idSg

>and buy
>buy
no

Dylan

Lil Yachty

i fucking love dylan. sure his later stuff isnt as good but he is still probably my favourite musician ever. Literally the only celeb death I'll be sad about

that instrumental/take 1 of Getting Better is real nice

not him but gonna check this out, nice one

Lightning Bolt

Enjoy! A lot of time and love went into that project

I can definitely relate.

Yeah. Love and hate when that happens. I listened to all The Beatles B-Sides and demos, even the Christmas song.

Also happened to me with RHCP when I was younger. They have around 100 B-Sides and demos that sound so much better than their mainstream output.

ive practically listened to gorillaz exclusively for 2 months

Did you like Humanz? I must have listened to it 10 times

Agreed. Quixoticelixer, Rivers of Avalon, and Melancholy Mechanics are some of the best songs RHCP ever wrote. Hard to believe they were left off of their respective albums.

Finally stopped listening excessively to Radiohead

Why? There's literally no reason to listen to anything else.

>Mfw The Beatles never used to click with me and I rolled my eyes when people said "greatest band ever" Then one day suddenly BEATLES FOR SALE of all the fucking albums just gelled, and it put me on a 3 month Beatles bender where I couldn't listen to anything else.

They really are the best user. Only point in popular music history where the best selling act was also the best act.

Pink Floyd anyone?
I've been pretty much exclusively listening to them for the past year almost and I'm not even slightly sick of them. Just between different albums, their music changes so much that its almost like a whole new band each time. My favorites are the albums Ummagumma to Obscured by Clouds. The only album I really am sick of is Dark Side of the Moon. It mostly sounds the same and is REALLY overrated.

They were the first band I ever got into. Pretty much my introduction to music. I must have listened to them almost exclusively for at least six months when I was in high school. It was a better time.

I don't think Dark Side is overrated. I think it's a classic album and is regarded as such. What really makes that album special is just how good it SOUNDS. I mean seriously, put on some records from around the same time or couple years before. Dark Side sounds like it was recorded 10+ years after it came out. I'm always blown away by the fact that it came out in 1973. I know there were other experimental and psychedelic acts that were doing similar things but none of them are recorded half as well as Dark Side. It's a technological marvel.

Yes, happened to me with Death In June. Huge and rewarding discography. I am still very fond of them (him) and they (he) left a lasting impression on the way I listen to music and what for.

Their discog is huge, point me where to begin please

This happened to me with microphones a year ago

Go with the highest rated albums on rym, listen to compilations like Abandon Tracks and DISCriminate and after that just start from the beginning and go chronological. Interesting development of style.

Also, listen to Black Whole Of Love, which is probably their best release.

Used to happen all the time with many bands. After listening too much to specific songs from the albums I liked I used to end up feeling like there's not enough top tier material and that's when the obsession starts to die and the cycle repeats until I just end up listening to whatever thanks to having a massive backlog.

It's worse when this happens with genres because in the future you may not like that kind of stuff that much anymore and you only enjoy in a specific mood but it's too late because it's EVERYWHERE on your playlist.

Happened to me with pop punk.

I used to be in that phase too. I tried to get out of it by listening to a lot of other great artists and I liked their music, but nothing quite came close to Radiohead. These guys are in a league of their own. Eventually I accepted the fact that I won't find the same kind of music done with the same intensity by other artists and moved on.

Just listen to Muse :v)

*Coldplay

Real Love off the 2nd anthology made me cry

Same shit, different toilet.

Coldplay doesn't sound that much like Radiohead imo. Muse on the other hand is basically the K-Mart version

For that to happen you would have to have been in the Beatles to prevent Sgt Peppers from raping Pet Sounds and, subsequently, Brian's mental health.

Him and Paul for me, the memories associated with them both is what makes it. Only reason I got sad over Harrison dying as well.

>tfw haven't listened to an album by any artist but bob dylan in like 9 months

>not U2

Same here. I've never been truly said when a celebrity died, but when Paul dies, I will cry and mean it. First song I remember hearing was Eight Days a Week when I was 4 years old. I would have cried for John too if I were alive for it.

I am going to be devastated for a bit when Paul dies. I was a Paul fan when I was 3-4 years old. I remember listening to Live and Let Die on repeat for hours as a very young boy.

I used to. Not anymore. I can explore much faster now.

I love Paul too but I still feel like he acted like a dick toward the other guys. Sure he was probably the best musician of them but Allen Klein would've been ok and some of George's unreleased songs toward the end were miles better than Paul's, yet his ego would not allow them to be on the tracks.

Otherwise he's a fantastic guy and great songwriter so I'll be extremely sad when he dies, indeed. I am very happy that he's still alive though as I wish to see him in concert again.

I think Paul wanted to keep making music but he wanted to put his family first. He wasnt as into political nonsense as John was in those years, or Indian weabooism like George.

>some of George's unreleased songs toward the end were miles better than Paul's

If you mean better than some of Paul's mid-80s stuff and 00s-10s stuff, then I agree. Paul's 70s-early 80s stuff was on par and sometimes better than Beatles material. Ram and Band on the Run are better than any Beatles album.

I was more so referring to putting Wild Honey Pie on an album over Sour Milk Sea or Not Guilty.

I agree with you there, even though I like Wild Honey Pie. A lot of stuff should've been saved for Anthology... Including Carnival of Light (sorry George, I want to hear it).

"Avant garde a clue" is a funny quote though. Paul's my favorite, but George was based as fuck.

ye

Considering that they had enough material to make the White Album on par with most of their other albums instead of half great half awful, I'd say Paul and John really should be ashamed for not giving George more space. Although McCartney supposedly thought George was only "good" on Abbey Road, I think they were afraid that he would steal from their profits. Macca didn't become the richest musician of all time just by being a good artist after all...

I don't know. I still think that Paul on his own was better than the other solo Beatles and what they were becoming as a collective towards the end of the 60s.

That happened to me 30 years ago concerning The Grateful Dead.

I went on to explore new music and other bands but I still hold a spot in my heart for TGD and saw every show that passed my way from 1987-95 and even saw both Brent's and Jerry's last shows.

As far as The Beatles are concerned, there is nothing wrong with your obsession, and don't let anybody tell you different. They truly were one of the greatest rock and roll bands in history so ignore the haters.

You might also want to do a google search for Mark Lapidos since he puts on Beatles conventions twice a year, with one coming to Chicago in the middle of the summer. It's a great way to meet other Beatles fans and find out more about the band itself and sometimes they might have special guests who make it all worth while. (George's sister you to be a regular for years until the turn of the century)

Remember all or at least most of All Thing's Must Pass was written by the time of the White Album so instead of all the meme songs they could have used George's masterwork and it would be the best album ever

But then Paul and John would earn less money and we can't have that!

TICKING AWAY

>Ram and Band on the Run are better than any Beatles album posters

is there anything more reddit?

I'm telling you they were jealous. By 1968 George was the best songwriter in the Beatles. All the best songs on the bootlegs are unused George songs. They were giving him table scraps when he should have been at the head of the table. I'm not even a Georgefag but my ears work and his unused songs are better than a LOT of meme songs that made albums

>Unironically thinks that Sgt pepper is better than Pet sounds

You can't make this shit up.

I've honestly visted Reddit once years ago just to see what it looked like. I highly doubt that the Reddit stereotype would like McCartney at all. I assume it's a haven for Lennon fans and hipster George fans. McCartney is pure autismo Sup Forums-core with all of his granny songs and Wings cringe (which I love)

well they gave him a couple songs on the white album and only one of them was decent

While "the best songwriter" could be questionable, he was definitely the one keeping the spirit of the band alive considering how John became too political and Paul was going crazy with his songs. George in the end kept it simple and he did a pretty damn good job at it.

No. Reddit hates John because

HE WAS A FUCKING WIFEBEATER WHO NEGLECTED HIS SON REEEEEEE

I typo'ed in the message above but i will tell you that all of George's songs on the White Album are goat; WMGGW is overrated but still not bad. Piggies is a McCartney granny song that actually has some fucking meaning to it. Class act social commentary and a quite a cool take of baroque music. Long long long is the best song on the album and one of the best Beatles songs period.

Now kys

I'd say he had the deepest lyrics but Macca and Johny were still better regarding melody. Many of George's songs toward the end sounded similar (For you Blue, Old Brown Shoe) although to me they sound diffferent enough and have fantastic lyrics.

What I like about George's songs from the late period is that they have this spiritual quality that just resonate with you. I describe 2 albums as "The Soundtrack to Heaven." What's Going On, and All Things Must Pass

True. I only wish George could've got more of his cancelled material on his debut album. Sour Milk Sea is a favorite of mine so...yeah.

with the beatles, is easy
I personally hear them here and there everytime in other songs: maybe it's a bass line that reminds me of Paul, or a juicy riff like John's.
what am I trying to say is that I usually do like you do OP: I find a new band, get obsessed with them and listen to every little shit they did.
with the beatles is ever easier because of their vast production, also I own several records from my dad

so yeah, you're not alone
pic related, it's my little shrine

beatles are the best band ever and thats a fact. rven if you like another band more personally u cant deny the beatles are the best ever

(not true, by the way)

What were George's best songs?
This includes unreleased material as well

youtube.com/watch?v=qxOw2eZ5iuM
youtube.com/watch?v=o0IgO0So2BU

There are so many

My Sweet Lord
Run of the Mill
Beware of Darkness
Apple Scruffs
Ballad of Frankie Crisp
All Things Must Pass
I Live For You
Cosmic Empire
Dehra Dun
Gopala Krishna
Deep Blue
Going Down to Golder's Green
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Something
Here Come's the Sun
For You Blue
Savoy Truffle
Within You Without You
Taxman
If I Needed Someone
I Need You
Don't Bother Me

The Beatles version of All Things Must Pass is my favorite. It's so fitting they're all singing those words together at the end.

Do you guys listen to The Beatles in mono or stereo? I kinda put off to listening their entire discog because I can't decide between the two.

Both. They're different experiences so I have every song of theirs in mono and in stereo. It tends to be better in mono. The White Album is 50/50. Everything before that is favored in mono, some by a LOT, some by a little. Listen and see for yourself
mp3forum.com.ua/showtopic114291.html
There's every Beatle release ever

You're pretty much me

The only albums that sound better in stereo are Magical Mystery Tour, Please Please Me and Help.

Oh and Past Masters is better in mono too.

I didn't start to appreciate George until i was a full on autistic Beatles fan.
I also like the version on anthology 3
Mono for the early stuff, stereo for the later stuff. Although sometimes I might change it up a bit.

Please Please Me is NOT better in stereo. Their first two albums are 100% better in mono. After that you can mix it up.

Happened to me with the Beatles multiple times

What version of the albums do you guys listen to?
Original or the recent remasters?

The stereo remasters are good enough, the mono ones are great.

Yeah this

Me too!

It consumed me to the point where I also listened to Sky Sailing and Swimming with Dolphins

when I want to go full hipster I listen to the record my dad bought back in 66-71
even all the wings, harrison and lennon solo albums

all those cracks and squaks

thanks pals

For me it was Nine Inch Nails I would only exclusively listen to them for months and was one of the few times where I actively sought after their rare/unreleased songs too.

THE HOURS THAT MAKE UP A DULL DAY

No lie, I literally didnt listen to any song that didn't have Damon Albarn on it for 9 months last year.