Alright noguns explain yourselves. If you live in a free country there's no reason to not have a gun...

Alright noguns explain yourselves. If you live in a free country there's no reason to not have a gun. You can get a nice quality shotgun for less than $300. Worst case you could get a hi point for $100.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dv33pCUkLRM
nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hi point for $100.

gonna do this tbqh.

maybe even tomorrow.

i'm in utah. i guess i just walk into the gun shop, get an instant background check for $7, and walk out with a gun and some ammo.

is that how it works?

This picture is wonderful.

The .45 ACP ones can use 1911 magazines, btw.

I'm not sure on Utah laws but it should pretty much be like that. Idk about the background check costing money though. You can also look on armslist in your area and do a private trade and no background check. You also need to be 21 to buy a pistol. Not in private sales though.

Just bought my first AR-15, so that's nice.

I don't like this board desu, but I just got off a week ban from /k/ for posting a gun legislation thread.

>If you live in a free country there's no reason to not have a gun
>what is accidental shootings
>what is being more likely to be murdered in your home
>what is giving the gun industry more money to spread guns and violence
>what is supporting execution of criminals without trial
Yeah, no. I'm glad (R)s are going to get btfo this election and we can finally have sensible gun laws at the federal level.

>1911

I should splurge and get one.

It's my state gun.

/k/'s cool but they go full autistic when you post anything about guns and politics. I haven't got an long guns yet because I'm broke right now. I think I'm going to buy a stripped lower though incase Hillary gets elected.

Have fun being a cuck. Accidental shootings don't happen if you're not a fucking retard.

I guess the police are retards then ;>)

Get a nice one, though. A poorly made 1911 is a sad, sad thing.

Follow the golden safety rules and there is literally no fucking way anyone can get hurt short of a fucking "act of god".

If you live in a free country, there's no reason not to own a cuckshed, but regardless I still don't have one.

Basically because I don't want one.

Some of them are and shouldn't have a gun. There's plenty of cops with good trigger discipline that don't nd

My country isn't filled with 44 million niggers. So we don't really need guns.

Enjoy your mass shootings, faggots.

Your country is filled with guns.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dv33pCUkLRM

Guns have been proven to be ineffective against emus anyways.

>Follow the golden safety rules
If I needed to own a gun I would, but it doesn't change statistics. I don't understand why the NRA doesn't support requiring safety training to buy a gun. Wouldn't they want all gun owners to reflect positively on the hobby instead of the mouth breathing, truck driving retards that give it a bad name?

be careful user, you might get shot on your way back to the car.

Because no one wants to pay $100 so that the retards that accidentally shot themselves don't shoot themselves. We're probably better off without them anyway.

I just don't want to register or have any traceable connection to it. My state it's okay its just have to buy from a friend. I used to have a glock 19 but I sold it when times were tough.

My dad died in February so ill buy something nice once my inheritance comes through.

Why don't liberals support mandatory gun safety classes in high school then?

Private sales are the best user

i dont live in a free country desu

can get a shitty rifle, which i need permit for, which i need to train many times for, which i need to keep locked in a closet, with the key to the closet swallowed by a chicken, the chicken on and island, and the island in the pacific.

not that theres any use of it till the final happening if you live outside of the 4 largest/muslim cities.

That would be a violation of the 2nd and would be shot down.

user, if you want more restrictive laws, the only way it's going to happen is a constitutional amendment.

If you REALLY wanted to reduce the occurrence of negligent discharges, then make firearm safety courses a part of the high-school curriculum. Even if you banned every gun tomorrow, there are literally more of them than people and they are ridiculously easy to manufacture. Education is what saves lives.

You don't child-proof the world. You world-proof your child.

Because they know that if they give any ground, they'll lose more.

Besides, requiring classes just creates a mechanism through which the government can attempt to deny citizens their right to bear arms.

It's too scary. We must shelter our children. Our nation is becoming weak. The hs I graduated from had a shooting range inside the school in the 20's

Not necessarily scary but rather they feel like they don't have time for any practical education these days, high school is a gpa manufacturing plant, a college draft combine, anything that doesn't count towards getting accepted to ucla or Harvard is gone

Probably because teaching children how to operate deadly weapons is counterproductive to any imaginable goal of public education. Most teenagers don't care about academics, why would we push them toward a life of guns and crime?

>what is accidental shootings
What is learning weapon safety
>what is being more likely to be murdered in your home
What is me being alive today after some somalian tried to rush me in my home with a knife

>Teaching people ACTS and PROVE pushes them towards a life of crime

That's fucking hilarious.

How many times do I have to tell you I'm a suicidal alcoholic that would just turn the gun on himself and add to the "gun deaths" stats?

I would love to own guns someday but right now my life is a trainwreck

Health class should be changed to life class. Teach you how to do taxes, gun safety, sex Ed

I want a gun. Was burglarized in 2011 days before Christmas.

Can't get a gun because I was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital two years prior.

I know I can technically get one through private sales but that seems sorta sketchy to me. Indiana, btw.

Also, I'm not actively mentally ill, I was just having a hard time because my brother had just died.

Just a shotgun would do me.

Did you put that fucker down?

Should i turn my shotgun into a sawn off when the day of the rope happens?

This is an acceptable reason

Pic

It's a work in progress. I cannot believe how hard it is to find a 20" heavy/gov't profile barrel in Canada.

Not unless you have a lathe to do it properly.

You can get a Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge for $190 brand new at Academy

Just do a private sale and act like a normal person and it'll be fine. You act just as you would buying a tv on craigslist

They're restricted anyway. Might as well make it an obnoxiously loud "SBR" range toy like everyone else.

That said, I might pick up one of those pump-action ones that were recently classified as NR. Get it down to just over 26" OAL with folded stock.

>Buying a modern Mossberg

Garbage-tier.

I'm completely in favor of gun rights

but I'm afraid if I get a gun I'll kill myself

Can you have short barrels in Canada?

Yes? So?
Pretty much anyone taking a hunting & firearm safety course as a child is going to grow into a shooter that has greater firearm discipline than a cop or soldier who has not.

>not that theres any use of it till the final happening if you live outside of the 4 largest/muslim cities.

It's fun desu

Mossbergs fine. Get at least a 500 though. It's like 30 bucks more

you're garbage tier.

Mossberg 500 is king.

I have to take a $250 firearms safety course and apply for my license, before I can get a rifle and not be allowed to use it for self-defense. What's the point?

i just dont care to get one really but they dont bother me

Out of misadventure or are you suicidal?

It's fun as hell to shoot. You need the expendable income to do it though.

Used to own lots but not anymore since I live in the barracks.

Barrel length laws are weird as fuck.

So, if it's a rimfire rifle (including semi) or manually operated centerfire (bolt, lever, pump, w/e) then as long as it's over 26" overall (with stock collapsed/folded if applicable), then you're fine.

If it's a semi-auto centerfire, then it needs to be 18.5" or it becomes a range-toy (Can't bring it hunting or shooting in the woods)

Handgun barrels need to be over 106mm or it becomes prohibited (Which makes it unobtainium for most people).

I've been set since day 1 of receiving my RPAL to make an A2 build, I've already compromised on the removable carry handle, I will not compromise on the barrel length. I'll have to import something from the US, worst case scenario.

SBR in US is any barrel shorter than 16"? If so, I see plenty of 7.5", 10.5", 14" barrels on sale here. I don't think we have any restrictions on that.

>Mossberg
>Garbage-tier.
Explain

>Alright noguns explain yourselves
NYC

Not too cucked though. We have to pay $200 to make a rifle under 16" because of some dumbass law passed In the 30's

You could buy a glock 40 problem solver

Oh, if it's a reproduction of a specific model, then yeah. Go for it.

I'd love to make a retro-AR with the charging handle in the carrying handle. One day.

Quality went down after being acquired.

That's how it works! Utah has some of the most relaxed gun laws in the US. That is honestly why I am thinking of moving there.

>I don't understand why the NRA doesn't support requiring safety training to buy a gun.

Because if you give the grabbers the smallest opening they will take everything.

Also, honestly user.. I would save and get a Glock. even if it's used ( that is if you plan on carrying ). If not, a pump shotgun is the absolute best for home defense.

>tfw live in nonfree country

I've got better shit to spend my money on.

Shooting guns is fun, but I don't actually need a gun.

Owning a gun increases your chances of you or your family members getting killed by guns by a unbelievably huge amount. It's almost like they aren't safe to have around...

People who own guns for safety are full of shit. There are no "gunman scenarios" that have been resolved by a citizen with a gun in our modern times. Mostly you just jerk off to your collection in safety later when you hear about the incidents on the news talking shit about how it would have been different if you were there. But it wouldn't have been any different.

If you and your entire 100% understand gun safety there's an almost zero chance of an accident happening. retards who have guns and don't teach gun safety are the ones who accidentally shoot themselves or their kids do

>Browse Sup Forums
>gun looks vaguely familiar
hmmm..

then don't buy a gun like you haven't so far? nobody is forcing you to own a firearm.

There are plenty accounts in recent times of guns saving people. They can also save you from being robbed and the robber usually just runs off. I personally don't like being someone's bitch. I defend myself and my property.

I also have a mossy 500. not as fun to shoot as I thought, bruised shoulder after 20 slugs at the range. I just bought a Glock 17 (actually still in 10 day waiting period) but took a pistol safety class where they train you how to hold a pistol, shoot from reset, and fire like 24 shots. I could not believe how accurate I was after getting 1-1 training so I drove 40 miles to the closest handgun dealer and bought. only gen 3 for plebs in cali, gen 4 isn't "safe" meaning only cops can get it.

I bought my first shotgun when I was 20 on a whim. I was grocery shopping when I realized I didn't have a gun for home defense. Left the bread aisle, when to the Sporting Goods department and bought a shotgun. Background check took 30 or 40 minutes.

So you don't own any fire extinguishers or smoke detectors because fireman are just a phone call away.

Glocks are great. I've got a 19 and 29 gen 4's

my Glock

Singapore has some legal gun owners. There's even a bird-hunting club that keeps birds away from the planes around Changi.

Hong Kong is actually a lot more restrictive; you can basically only borrow "your" weapon from the police station in order to go directly to a range and back.

noice

fucking liberals. They KNOW gun safety classes in school would reduce accidental gun deaths. They won't do it because they want to keep new generations of people unfamiliar with firearms so that they vote for faggy 'assault weapon' bans.

Liberals are evil as fuck.

Federal law strictly (and also vaguely) prohibits drug addicts from possessing firearms. No, seriously, the wording is that broad. and the time since your last charge, even if they're misdemeanors, is indefinite. Federal prosecutors hand out 10 yr/85% sentences like hotcakes because of it. And they stick. And you will do your time, not probation. The more you know.

I wanted the 19 but they were sold out and I wanted something asap so I just got the 17. Cannot get a license to carry in my area so not really an issue until the law changes.

Easier to get guns than a place to shoot.

Glorious!

pfft. I also make fireworks. completely banned in the entire county. Actually whole state, have to go to nevada to get produced ones. I'm an amateur, not professional. I asked a pro if it was against the law to make fireworks and he just said don't look into it and I'd be fine. can get all ingredients from amazon.

Hi-points are American made pot metal guns but have a lifetime warranty. Good luck and God bless.

I'm Canadian.

Also, I don't see why I should own a gun.
>Muh self-defense
If I'm in my house, chances are I won't have my fucking gun on me at all times, so I'd have to rush to where my gun is, and by the time I get to it, I might be shot and dead.
>But in public, though!
If some shit goes down in public, and I try shooting back, I will likely get shot. I have no gun training, and don't know how to handle the damn thing, and even if I did, would I be willing to risk my life in that situation? I'm not sure, since I've never actually been in that situation.
>Guns are fun
Literally how? Shooting targets is just boring to me.

>If I needed to own a gun I would, but it doesn't change statistics.

That only 600-700 people die a year? That's fucking nothing. Drowning is like 3500 a year for non-boating accidents. Are you going to require safety training and a license to swim?

>I don't understand why the NRA doesn't support requiring safety training to buy a gun.

The 2nd fucking amendment and gun control creep because gun grabbers are never satisfied

>Wouldn't they want all gun owners to reflect positively on the hobby instead of the mouth breathing, truck driving retards that give it a bad name?

Yes but there's jack shit we can do. You can't reason with retards.

>why would we push them toward a life of guns and crime?

What the fuck are you talking about

>Owning a gun increases your chances of you or your family members getting killed by guns by a unbelievably huge amount. It's almost like they aren't safe to have around...

This is like saying you're 20x as likely to get cancer

It's statistically meaningless because you were extremely unlikely to get said cancer in the first place, so it's easy to multiply the risk. There's an unbelievably huge difference between 0.001% and 0.0001%.

>People who own guns for safety are full of shit. There are no "gunman scenarios" that have been resolved by a citizen with a gun in our modern times.

Full retard world view: Criminals are running amok with guns, but guns are never used defensively.

>Lower-end estimates include that by David Hemenway, a professor of Health Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health, which estimated approximately 55,000–80,000 such uses each year.[8][9]

>Another survey including DGU questions was the National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms, NSPOF, conducted in 1994 by the Chiltons polling firm for the Police Foundation on a research grant from the National Institute of Justice. NSPOF projected 4.7 million DGU per year by 1.5 million individuals after weighting to eliminate false positives.[7] Another estimate has estimated approximately 1 million DGU incidents in the United States.[1]:65[2][10]

nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Read em and weep, anti gun fags

Get a Springfield XD or something better. Hipoint is bottom barrel; basically the "leave in your car glovebox" option

>Get a nice one, though. A poorly made 1911 is a sad, sad thing.
Is the RIA double stack 1911 any good?

>lose war against birds
>shit mates what use are guns anyways if we can't even kill some fuckin' birds

I don't particularly care about guns and don't particularly need one.

I hear the RIA 1911s are decent enough, so probably.

Yes, they are.

All police departments need to be immediately disarmed. They can enforce the law just fine with batons, pepper spray, and hand to hand combat. Firearms should only be permitted to the citizens who are oppressed by the police.

>High point
Fuck that. You could buy an old gun that is mechanically sound and pay around $250-3 for it.

>Owning a gun increases your chances of you or your family members getting killed by guns by a unbelievably huge amount.

Oh, and you're probably thinking of that one bullshit study, let me explain why it's bullshit.

The press and blogosphere uses the study to mislead people into believing the numbers are of people shot with their own guns by accident.

The fucktarded mistake: they didn't throw out the cases where those gun owners were shot by someone else who wasn't a member of their household.

Typical scenario: You live in a dangerous neighborhood, you buy a gun for protection, later you get shot by a homicidal maniac in your neighborhood. Congratulations, you are now a statistic in a study that claims the gun you owned increased you risk of getting shot.

>if you make guns illegal, criminals will just get them anyway and the only people who don't have guns are the law abiding citizens and people who deserve them
>lmao nuh uh

this is what happens when you let retards make decisions desu