Depp ruined Wonka by turning him into Michael jackson. He cracks unfunny jokes, acts creepy around the children...

Depp ruined Wonka by turning him into Michael jackson. He cracks unfunny jokes, acts creepy around the children, and always sounds like he's chewing gum when he speaks for some reason.

The saying about the 2005 movie "being more faithful to the book" is just hype from Burton. It's only minor things like Charlie's dad being alive, or the squirrels being there instead of geese. Wonka's characterization here betrayed the book far more than any of those small changes.

It's that way on purpose.

No matter what, they would have compared Depp's Wonka to Wilder's Wonka.

Shit movie. Christopher Lee is the only good part.

I liked both of them. They each had their advantages.

The old one had better actors and script, while the newer one had better music and story.

Way better than the original

No

All I remember about this movie is that some critic said

>Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was mostly about Charlie's character
>Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was mostly about Wonka's character

don't cry witness me

That's weird isn't it?

reminder that they literally bred and trained dozens of squirrels to open golden eggs for this film.

I think it's good.

I remember seeing this is in theaters with a group of friends and it pissed me off the clown of the group pretended like it was good

Not when its a Burton movie starring Johny Depp.

But Roald Dahl likes creepiness.

It's a good adaptation.

>Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory
Nice gentleman with occasional anger outbursts
>Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
werid-ass recluse who shut himself in his factory with his midget friends

Burton's flick was really good and so was the original
It's the best nu-Burton flick, and that doesn't say much but it really is good. Great music, great sets, great actors that are never wooden-sounding except for fucking Charlie and isn't that a fucking misfire

Left or right?

I'd be so down to see another remake of this story. Willy Wonka is such a rich tale that can lend itself to all kinds of interpretations. Both films are pretty alright

>tfw her turning into a blueberry always gave you a boner

Left is a cheeky little bitch, right is just flat-out insufferable

Fun Fact: They're 22 and 23 now.

She's apparently a catalyst in getting people into an inflation fetish.

Both have their pros and cons. I'd say it's one of the best remakes in recent years
>it came out ten years ago
Fuck

That piece of shit movie is 11 years old?...

JESUS CHRIST

Gross.

Willy Wonka (1971) is pretty much a perfect movie, it holds up amazingly well after 45 years, the songs are classics, some of the best satirical humor too. The remake was a waste of time

>73249984
that was doug walker