The Church

Roman Catholics! Come, join the truth Church, the Orthodox Church. We welcome and desire your brotherhood!

youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U

Look what your Church said at Vatican II

>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium

You don't want that, you want the STRONK Orthodox Church
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ye0a_F9Zj8

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/politics/342097-russian-orthodox-patriarch-declares-international/
youtube.com/watch?v=sGvjx1102U8
youtube.com/watch?v=8peEx0eGswE
huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/greek-orthodox-church-latin-america_n_7065630.html
pastebin.com/ZSTu1ZvK
youtube.com/watch?v=yeP70fSe3Io
nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/
oodegr.co/english/filosofia/nihilism_root_modern_age.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like very much the orthodox church, but i am catholic, and yes, i know it has problems, but i will never leave her because that is proof that the devil wants to destroy it, he always wanted to.

Russian Patriarch just declared a crusade on the ragheads.

rt.com/politics/342097-russian-orthodox-patriarch-declares-international/

Meanwhile the Pope kisses their feet.

You have to face it, Catholicism is a heresy for a while now. As a christian you can't support it.

Consider Western Rite Orthodox

Pic related is a Western Rite Orthodox icon. It's in Romanesque style, and artistic style of the Medieval period in the West

This is a Western Rite Orthodox liturgy, it dates from the 6th Century: no instruments, no polyphony: youtube.com/watch?v=sGvjx1102U8

Compare THAT to Novus Ordo: youtube.com/watch?v=8peEx0eGswE

Even Hispanics are coming to us: huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/greek-orthodox-church-latin-america_n_7065630.html

Take a look at this and see if the RCC is the true Church: pastebin.com/ZSTu1ZvK

Here is a Western Rite carved icon. Carved icons are almost never approved in Eastern rite, but they are growing in Western Rite, because they have a traditional use in the Middle Ages. The same styles are employed

This is what Orthodox Lamentations sound like: we sing them on Friday Night, with dim lights, and then light candles: youtube.com/watch?v=yeP70fSe3Io

Does the Orthodox church has the seven Sacraments? ("sacramentos" I dont know if that is the word in english) Because in Catholisism that is the most important.

If we do not have that we do not have nothing. That is the error of the protestants, they took them away.

Meanwhile, the Pope accepts Muslim refugees to the Vatican, but reneges on Christian refugees: nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/

We have all the Sacraments that Catholics do, and we sometimes refer to them as "seven" to make it clear to inquisitive Protestants that we consider marriage and ordination etc. sacraments. But in reality, we say we do not know how many sacraments there are, many things can be sacraments besides the seven

Tonsuring, for instance, though not part of the "official" seven, is referred to by many as a sacrament.

I need to make the second (confession). almost eleven years since my last one. I cannot take the holy comunion whitout it.

We have Holy Confession as well, but it's done with the priest standing next to the confessor, while the Confessor kneels before an icon of the Savior. We don't have booths.

>.
RARE FLAG
A
R
E

F
L
A
G

>Now a government is secure insofar as it has God for its foundation and His Will for its guide; but this, surely, is not a description of Liberal government. It is, in the Liberal view, the people who rule, and not God; God Himself is a "constitutional monarch" Whose authority has been totally delegated to the people, and Whose function is entirely ceremonial. The Liberal believes in God with the same rhetorical fervor with which he believes in Heaven. The government erected upon such a faith is very little different, in principle, from a government erected upon total disbelief, and whatever its present residue of stability, it is clearly pointed in the direction of Anarchy.

-Father Seraphim Rose, on the divine right of kings in "Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age"

oodegr.co/english/filosofia/nihilism_root_modern_age.htm

Thanks but no thanks, orthodoxy is just too foreign for me.

U WOT M8?

There are also those cool chants that the priest sings at funerals, weddings, blessings, etc.
That's my favorite part of the church.

>Roman Catholics! Come, join the truth Church, the Orthodox Church.

I'll convert when you have a Pentarchical See.

>If I shill it enough times it will become true.

>believing the clergy is an important part in Orthodoxy
That's only true for Cucktholics and Protefags
Because Catholics are dependent on the Pope for pretty much everything
And every Protestant priest just pulls a dogma out of their ass
But Orthodoxy has its own unchanging dogma that no amount of wrongful clergy can change

tl;dr the clergical hierarchy can be absolutely evil, but orthodoxy won't change because of that

damn

>But Orthodoxy has its own unchanging dogma that no amount of wrongful clergy can change

lol, yeah, that's because it's totally irrelevant and nobody notices when one guy goes off the rails about refugees.

Right?

Also, pay denbts

Right, mudshit?

>lol, yeah, that's because it's totally irrelevant and nobody notices when one guy goes off the rails about refugees
Your post doesn't make any sense
How many hours did it take you to come up with that?

This is the problem with Orthodoxy, who is the head of all these churches? who settles disagreements within the faith? You need the Pope.

No disagreements with a perfect dogma, every heresy of Orthodoxy that popped up could be solved with a quick analysis of the bible, something that we have nowadays, back then, communication and mass communication was really hard

The thing is, using Orthodox logic that all patriarchs/bishops are equal would mean that the Church has fallen into error, as there have been several heretical ecumenical councils such as Ephesus II that were approved by a majority of bishops.

That being said, I love the Orthodox and consider them beloved brothers and sisters in Christ! However OP trying to push Catholics to convert is playing with fire

>one priest (not the Patriarch, as pictured)
>one sermon
>said to exhort Christians

There is no Pentarchy anymore. There are FOURTEEN autocephalous churches onw.

The guy who said that thing about the Muslims wasn't even a bishop or a patriarch, he was a priest.

Majority approval is not enough. You need to

A: convene in the name of the Holy Spirit
B: show the consensus can be attested to by a continuous line of tradition, without being broken, all the way back to the Church Fathers and Scripture
C: Excommunicate those who refuse to accept the consensus
D: adopt the consensus

bump