youtube.com/watch?v=GzJGWAfmBco

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-X7Cevdlt4w
youtube.com/watch?v=BW2Qr-cdvIc
www67.zippyshare.com/v/Vgyhm0ef/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no fucking features
already like it better than half of humanz

I'm happy too. A lot of the B sides appear to have zero features.

did Damon just decide to get into baroque pop suddenly, maybe it's just me but I fucking love harpsichord in shit,
oh this was also way better than humanz Imo

I wish Damon would stop recording his vocals on his iPad. That being said, why is this better than almost all of humanz?

Zero features. Just Damon being himself. Humanz was by far their worst record, except for some songs. And those songs had heavy Damon vocals.

i liked Humanz more than anything else they've ever done, mainly because it didn't have tracks like this on it.

but yeah this is aight.

Oh wow, he actually made a good song. That was unexpected. Good job.

Fuck damon, this track is better then everything on humanz, why does he think he needs shit-tier niggers on his album to give it some meaning while he could've just made 10 tracks like this and kept the same concept

>no features
>damon solo
>quirkiness is back, really lacked that on humanz
>new instrument that they haven't used before
>sounds like phase1/phase2 gorillaz
>no features

What is he actually doing that mutes his voice like that? He does it far too fucking much these days

Anyways this sounds like a Demon Days B-Side, good shit

I think one of the main reason I don't like Humanz is that in the past the features fit in to the gorillaz sound while still allowing room for Damon and the albums felt cohesive. A bunch of songs on Humanz just felt like the feature's songs( or just improv, like with grace jones) with Damon's ipad vocals on a couple lines to make it "a gorillaz song". I also blame the Twilite Tone for the production sucking so bad.

He now makes the basis for gorillaz songs on garage band then rerecords some parts later. I can't remember what interview he said this but he said something like he didn't rerecord the vocals if "the magic" wasn't there again or some shit

See here's the thing though: the "gorillaz sound" has always been predicated on other artists picking up the slack. Their non-feature stuff is rarely interesting. The best songs on their first 2 albums were all reliant on other artists.

so he probably just compresses and distorts them to make it sound less like he recorded it on an ipad. it doesn't work.

I gotta disagree. Their first album is my favorite and it has the least features. I think their main strength is their production and picking the right feature for the right track.

The fall has the least features

I don't really consider it a studio album though.

eh I see your point. It wasn't recorded in a studio anyway

damn and here's me thinking damon didn't have it in him anymore

I love the start

You cant be more wrong imo , yes when they have niggers in their songs its more popular but in the solo ones are way more emotional and beautiful

dude, O green world is my shit

>BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GORILLAZ USED TO BE SO GOOD BECAUSE THEY WERE SO WHACKY AND RANDUM NOW THEY TALK ABOUT BLACKS AND IT REALLY TRIGGERS ME BECAUSE I HAVE A NUT SIZED BRAIN AND I'M BRAINWASHED BY /R/THEDONALD

r/thedonald is the exception that proves the rule
stop pretending reddit isn't primarily post-berniebros

it's almost like they were probably raised by their very "Christian" grandparents because their parents are a bunch of whores.
because lord forbid we abort a child, though He's ok with sex before marriage

heres a (you) bud. have a good one

Dude I'm And by saying Humanz is their worst record, that doesn't mean it's really too bad. It's like a 6/10. Another thing, why would I even like Gorillaz if I was Donald Trump loving moron? They're pretty liberal. I was just saying that their features really didn't make it feel like Gorillaz. Also I really enjoyed Strobelite, Submission, Charger, She's My Collar, Andromeda, and Busted and Blue, which the majority of those tracks have black features, so what's your point?
[spoiler] besides a (you) of course [/spoiler]

its just my opinion, dont have to get all mad about it friend

autistic failing aside, this is actually pretty good
no rush for a new Gorillaz album though

Damon claims he's releasing a lot of new music in the next 18 or so months, and they've already got the idea for the next record.

yeah, but t b h i'd rather he sit on those ideas and flesh them out into pure gold

>all this asshurt
>thinks I like trump in any way

Quality animation

Pretty sure that was mocap. This is also unlisted, as with Hallelujah Money, which had a low production value. Jamie is working on a new official music video from what I can tell.

This is trash like every other Gorillaz song I've heard. If it's better than the songs on Humanz, I can only imagine how awful that album must be.

Ok

(You)

Epic response fellow redditor, have my upvote!

>ebin gorillaz=leddit joke
Sheesh, you guys realize you're more Reddit than Gorillaz, right?

You even learned to greentext? Wow you guys really are adapting so quickly! Reddit can be epic sometimes...

Guess Damon is good again

Really enjoyed the song, it's something I really wish Humanz was stylized after. I still thought Humanz was a pretty good album, but it could've used more fun Damon-Centered tunes. Whatever is to come from this, I'm excited. And while it's cool to see who they work with, I hope Damon takes more control over the tracks, this just proves Damon can still do it and do it well.

Gorillaz always had black artists. It's just the ones they chose for Humanz sucked ass.

Quite enjoyed that lad

>new gorillaz drops out of nowhere
>it's better than half of humanz

I need some gifs of 2D dancing now

>no retarded 3rd world rappers in the song
gets my thumbs up

nice

i dont listen to gorillaz to be the one man audience to a retard whining about literally everything

I was hoping if there is ever another gorillaz album it would be more electronic, sort of like an ode to 90's electronica.
I think that would be nice.

>niggers
kill yourself.

The Fall sequel album incoming? This was alright

he's been doing this shit for fifteen years

youtube.com/watch?v=-X7Cevdlt4w

it was cool in the mid 2000s, but it's become like a running gag at this point

My favourite Gorillaz song is Feel Good Inc and that one has other singers in it.

That said I do prefer their solo stuff in general.

>fifteen
Try 24
youtube.com/watch?v=BW2Qr-cdvIc

that music vid looks horrible jesus
why can't we get better music videos like Tomorrow Comes Today

there's probably a couple coming for humanz
this is the sort of thing you make when you're fucked up at 3AM

if only humanz had more tracks like this...

Those 3D models tragically low quality. Those shitty weeb-made MMDs are better quality than this.

>the exception that proves the rule
That's not how you use this phrase at all.

Its because they are live

Dude, this shit's so good. Shame that HUMANZ turned out like that.

why does some of Sup Forums act like this
it's like talking to a bot

Sounds good. A lot better than Humanz. Sounds like Demons days and plastic beach in the instrumental at a few moments.

I actually really like this

the intro reminds me of that uhhhh
one song they did
with Day of the Dead audible in the beginning

>day of the dead audible
M1A1

fuck i can groove to this

that's it? this song should be longer

bless you

>music starts with a weepy vocal track
>immediately gets interrupted and bursts into an electronic banger

post yfw damon is making fun of himself and apologizing for all his weepy depression solo work that distracted him from gorillaz

better than 70% of Humanz

A guys just upset Humanz had too many features that suddenly this 2D only single is great?

because some the best Gorillaz songs ever have featured artists

Congrats on finding out Sup Forums doesn't have spoilers, newfriend

>it's not one of the extra tracks on the super deluxe edition

holy shit Damon was right that we are gonna get Gorillaz stuff frequently from now on

also Gorillaz live is pretty neat (especially when you have the Damon Albarn fanclub in front of you taking zoomed in pictures of his sweaty mug)

they use the mocap for the live visuals of Out of Body so I guess they are sticking with it

>those dance moves

What did he mean by this?

Great song. Shit video. Why the fuck are they sticking with this horrendous cgi monstrosity?

I just can't wait for those other unreleased 14 tracks from their super deluxe vinyl album. I feel like Midnite Float and Five Whales in a Dream will be the best ones

They should have used this instead of Carnival on the album.

.mp3 when

Just download the video and convert it :^)

www67.zippyshare.com/v/Vgyhm0ef/file.html

You're delusional if you think this is anyway different from Humanz in sound.
This board is garbage.

ok

>bait only retards would fall for

drugs are bad m'kay

absolutely wrong

(you)

lol that's actually pretty funny

wow this song was better than the whole shitty album put together.

I'm starting to think we'll never get another Demon Days style album where they actually tried to make a cohesive record with loads of actually great tracks back to back.

>shat out in one day
>better than the whole album that took 3 years

>that animation

This video is an insult to life itself.

They made it the song, video, etc. all in one day.
It's not all that terrible, and the reason it looks all wonky, is because they used live mocap.

you just can't make blur songs and sing it like 2D damon

Incredible. A song that took less than a day was better than an entire album that was worked on for years. Bravo. Imagine if he didn't focus on the "end of the world drumpf" theme and just did stuff like this. I'm not even a Sup Forums fag or a Trump drone either.

I liked it but i hated the fact that Damon just pissed on us like
>Hurr durr your need 2d? let me make a shitty A E S T H E T I C video for ya

'cause it was meant to be a maymay
but most nu males here don't like the humanz album they just made a different meme
>hurr durr better than humanz lol kek uptitanic

But that's not even a real issue with Humanz. There are like ,what, three references to Trump? In an album with 20-something tracks that's nothing.

Humanz had shitty production, that's what killed the album.

>sounds like phase1/phase2 gorillaz
my man, you have no ears

i quite enjoy the purposely hack-eyed production for the video. fits with the song tbqh senpai.