Great YouTube channels for film appreciation?

Great YouTube channels for film appreciation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/AtZReviews/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=47h6pQ6StCk
twitter.com/TarkovskyIsBae/status/753256277900394496
youtube.com/watch?v=l293Qyua5QM
youtube.com/channel/UC-Ya9gBlwOhRwtloTn1hvbA/featured
youtube.com/channel/UCtPx9e7WNFtvtHaAU6WqXlA/videos
youtube.com/user/criterioncollection/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I prefer channel criswell desu

>24 paintings per second

how is this even possible?

Focuses more on the technicality of the films while focuses more on the emotions evoked from the movie 2bh

That slutty punk chick who likes comic books.

Every Frame a Painting
Cinematography Database
RocketJump Film School
Cinefix
Nerdwriter1 (lot of pseudo-intellectual bullshit tho)
DSLRguide
Channel Chriswell
Movies I Love (and so can you)

>Channel called Every Frame a Painting
>"How do I 24 paintings per second"
I want to be sarcastic, but I just can't. 24 frames per second is one of the most common frame rates for film.

You are a god among anons. I've been trying for a while, but EFAP, RJFS, and Nerdwiter1 are the ones I watch, but I'm getting tired of Nerdwriter1's bullshit. Now You See It is alright, but I don't feel like I learn anything.

kaptainkristian is great and puts a lot of effort into his subjects, writing and graphics, but his videos aren't strictly film related.

History Buffs has awesome analysis of both the quality of movies and their historical accuracy.

Midnight's edge is great for condensed news about the behind the scenes of studios and movies.

yeah channel criswell, nerdwriter and now you see are getting quite the same and non informative

Fuck him
>You don't like Anita Sarkeesian? Do not talk to me or my wive's son ever again!

>Cinefix
I watch these guys but I never hear Sup Forums talk about them. What's the general consensus on them here?

¿Algún canal parecido en español?

Im gonna get hate but here you go. AtZReviews, hes pretty nice, not as complex but still good
youtube.com/user/AtZReviews/videos

they are the only "top 10 movie things" channel that isn't cringy

Every frame a painting is a waffler.

Cinephilia and Beyond
Filmmaker IQ
filmschoolcomments
Now You See It

>Every Meme a Meme
>great

What's it like being such an embryo?

Great to see someone support matt on Cinematography Database

If anyone wants to stop using the word "cinematography" as a buzzword meme and actually wants to learn what is it about from a real life DP check it on youtube

I will shill his channel 24/7

Le crying "I got sued" emotion man

What a faggot

Why would you consider it a meme? I always like his videos. Also, this is the place to educate me about better options, I'm open.

>go to film analysis youtube channel
>90% of the movies it reviews are American movies made after the 70s

He legit thinks Anita Sarkeesian is a genius reviewer and that Feminist Frequency is a deeply important analysis of culture.

I un-subbed after that, because I can't trust the intellectual value of his analysis any more.

Once you tell me you literally take raw sewage and eat it AND enjoy it AND think that it's some of the best "food" available, I'm not going to take your recommendations on what restaurants are good or bad very seriously.

I know this is a joke, but that's literally what cartoons are.

>I un-subbed after that, because I can't trust the intellectual value of his analysis any more.

Dude you literally go on Sup Forums. The same could be said for your intellectual value.

History Buffs gives inaccurate information a fuck load of the time, the guy mocked the dialogue of dying soldiers in We Were Soldiers but it was what the real life soldiers actually said, kind of fucked up.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=47h6pQ6StCk

A guy tried to pressure him on twitter to make videos about female directors, you should really read his response

twitter.com/TarkovskyIsBae/status/753256277900394496

Shut yourself into your safespace a little harder why don't you.

Just because his views of Anita Sarkeesian differ from what mine are doesn't mean I think his process of film analysis or the content he's already made/yet to make is suddenly wrong. Stop acting like a fucking child and realize that people think differently from you, you fucking mongoloid.

CC is ur friend my fellow spic

dang this is good

no one knows this guy, but Movies I love(and so can you)

He barely posts but his reviews are pretty good and better than most memesters on youtube

To be fair, he didn't say he likes coming here. I know I don't.

>Guy admits he likes shit.
>Stop taking his opinions seriously after he admitted to liking shit.
>OMG SAFESPACE MUCH? :^)

Or maybe I just don't like shit or the people who recommend I partake in shit?

I laughed my ass off when they put the opening from Dark Knight Rises in one of the top ten lists

Yeah no one so secret

That's only 12 oil paintings per second.

You've done it now OP. Sup Forums "patricians" will come here and shit all over you for mentioning EFaP for really picky reasons.

It's really funny to watch people here vend over backwards to shit on him when all his videos are so popular on Avid Editors of FB, ya know with people who actually edit.

Most people aren't going to watch videos about old or foreign movies. Not a lot of people put out videos that won't get more than 5000 views.

People get very threatened by a guy who knows "less" than them but got popular from it, it seems

lol why does he get so defensive

For most of these videos when I read the comments I read stuff like "Wow didn't know about this movie. Will check it out!" Is the movie being old or foreign really scare people off that easily?

I think so. People like to watch reviews of stuff they are familiar with. I know I'm like that most of the time.

Every frame a painting lost all credibility when he said he supports and likes femfreq

How can a man who supports the analysis of Anita be seen as reputable? He also is losing a lot of creativity it seems.

I think it helps when you relate back to more well known films. Like if you made a video about French New Wave through the lens of Pulp Fiction, or something similar. You can't expect people to seek out weird and unfamiliar things, but if you put those things in a more modern context it would get people interested.

Ager and to a much lesser extent Must See Films are the only two that don't come across as incredibly pedantic or overly subjective in their essays.

Just youtubed "french New Wave" and the first video has a nice respectable 150K views. I don't think film lovers are that afraid of unfamiliar movies.

Unless 150K is actually a pethetic amount of views and everyone who watched it is an idiot.

No mention of StoryBrain

ROB AGER
O
B

A
G
E
R
Seriously, watch Rob Ager he's the goat.

>yfw your favorite film essayist turns out to have pleb taste

oh well at least he's cute.

I fucking hate this kike faggot.
>lefty
>jew
>pleb
Also his videos are bullshit

I like you, user.

I also subscribe to:
Lessons From the Screenplay
Film Drunk Love
Cinema Tyler
Wolfcrow

>Two Towers

Those are all exceptional movies, you contrarian faggot.

Also
>criticizing someone for their favorite movies

Some of his reviews are great. Some are full of conspiracy bullshit, though. Ager just can't help himself.

Bodan

>Some are full of conspiracy bullshit, though.

The all out conspiracy theory videos are usually talked about as being conspiracy theories and more light hearted though.

I don't follow the Nerdwriter too closely, so I haven't seen all of his videos, but most of theat I've seen has been pretty good. What are your guys' problems with his stuff?

>Ager is now mentionable on Sup Forums
This board has changed a lot in five years.
Not that I'm complaining; I like Ager. Although I feel like many of his better videos are now missing.

Cinema Tyler pretty good :)

>4.50 for a conspiracy nut's 40 minute review

Top fucking kek

Is depressing that a lot of Ager's material is behind a paywall, but no other essayist has been quite as edifying as Ager has been, at least in terms of video essayists. His written essays are also fantastic, though. I couldn't imagine seeing his Kubrick material and just pretending it's conspiracy theory and that no great observations hadn't been made.

Torrents when?

Some are up on Karagarga, but not many, and not his best. Unfortunately only his more "fun" conspiracy theory video for EWS is on there and not the more in depth video based on a great written analysis that I had to find posted on some other forum as he doesn't have it posted on his site anymore. I'd really like to see a video based on that essay.

All these replies and no one has mentioned chris stuckmann. Why? Hes our guy

Tell that to user's snapped neck

>I un-subbed after that, because I can't trust the intellectual value of his analysis any more.
fucking lol, you idiot

>if you look at this blue lampshade you can really feel the asashfjhsdhjhDHgASHh

Can't believe people watch this dumb shit

I can't stand Nerdwriter1. His videos are just so self-indulgent

His views on a feminist video game critic aren't really relevant to his insights on film editing and cinematography, though. I think it's lame that he's so ardently supportive of Sarkeesian but I thought his videos were interesting and insightful before I knew that, it would be completely fucking nonsensical for me or anyone to retroactively despise analyses that previously enjoyed just because the author had a polarizing opinion on an unrelated topic.

Just watched his Apocalypse Now analysis

Thanks for sharing him.

What the fuck

Which one of you fucking weirdos runs that Every Frame a Painting parody account on twitter that just posts the same picture of his face with "Hey Ladies" at the top hundreds of times and obsessively shit-talks Fincher?

Are there any videos that analyze comedies? I listened to this video about dialogue from Channel Criswell youtube.com/watch?v=l293Qyua5QM and it's very focused on dialogues purpose and how to write it for dramas but I imagine it's a different process for comedy where character traits aren't necessarily as focused or purposeful. It's there as a function to do a set up and punchline and that's what I'd like to learn more about as I start to work on writing a comedy.

Welcome to the Basement, the other other Milwaukee movie show.
It's clear they actually know their shit better than almost everybody on Youtube.

youtube.com/channel/UC-Ya9gBlwOhRwtloTn1hvbA/featured

youtube.com/channel/UCtPx9e7WNFtvtHaAU6WqXlA/videos

youtube.com/user/criterioncollection/videos