/Desi/

>Google Play Music now streams in India, All Access costs Rs 89 per month

That's right. That's Rs 89 a month. $1 a month.

One fucking dollar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z8pElLSNzMs
youtube.com/watch?v=PZyQ2gLMA10
youtu.be/FEvBiayarlc
youtu.be/0BXqAnZWqdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QCZl0bxwqPE
youtu.be/AFRAFHtU-PE
youtu.be/nEnLt3pasxE
youtube.com/watch?v=eKK_5OpLCvM
youtube.com/watch?v=FShZw3YwZI8
indianexpress.com/article/trending/trending-in-india/stop-hindi-chauvinism-netizens-protest-as-hindi-replaces-english-on-tamil-nadu-milestones-4600341/
youtube.com/watch?v=tybgsLHcTbA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation
vocaroo.com/i/s0K55XhrOtyr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

obligatory thread theme

youtu.be/z8pElLSNzMs

Man that aqua really isn't a good match for her skin tone.

BIG AFGHAN COCK for sissy desis

youtube.com/watch?v=PZyQ2gLMA10

Could I pass as Desi?

youtu.be/FEvBiayarlc

Grow a small beard and change hairstyle and you'll be the desi-est of us all

youtu.be/0BXqAnZWqdQ

I love watching these and they make me want to move to India.

youtube.com/watch?v=QCZl0bxwqPE

MENA af

youtu.be/AFRAFHtU-PE

Friendly reminder that dalits are not invited.
Afghans invited though.

just about

ohh the pain ...anyways dalits be busy cleaning toilets let alone come back to india

>dalits be busy cleaning toilets
>implying our toilets are dirty

quintessential 80s song right here tbqh ngl

youtu.be/nEnLt3pasxE

do folks back there still watch Doordarshan? do they have their own programming with movies and such?

When I was in India the cricket world cup was on, so I watched a lot of that. The adverts drove me fucking demented. They weren't bad, they just repeated over and over and over and over and over.

Don't think anyone watches Doordarshan anymore, not even in the villages. If it wasn't a public enterprise it would have been shut down long ago. Every state/region has its own DD though.
I watch DD Bharti for the classical music and occasional historical/cultural programs.
There's a new channel called Epic which is pretty good. They've acquired the rights of some of the old shows like Ramayan and Mahabharat. They also have these cool short storyline sketches regarding Indian mythology.
youtube.com/watch?v=eKK_5OpLCvM
^channel related

youtube.com/watch?v=FShZw3YwZI8
>mfw they are redpilling the desi normies

What are some tips for learning hindi?

Apart from trying to learn the daft alphabet.

Idk man. Just do what you would do to learn any other language.
With hindi you have an advantage because there is tons of media to consume. Movies, music and stuff.

Buy some kindergarten books

Yeah, I'm trying to learn some basics through rosetta stone then I'll start trying to learn through listening.

>Hello guys this is Ash here from C4ETech

>in case you've forgotten

What are good resources to learn Sanskrit?

>or in case this is your first time

Why would you want to

We learned Sanskrit through Hindi. Don't know what sources are there for English or German native.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get your hands on stuff by Max Muller.

Is Sanskrit to Hindi what Latin is to English?

I guess. Although I don't remember much Sanskrit now. We only had Sanskrit for 3 years in school. The focus was on Hindi.
Hindi and Urdu might sound the same but Hindi has more of a Sanskrit background while Urdu has a more Perso-Arabic background.
We don't get to use Sanskrit in our day to day lives. I guess the only time I hear/say Sanskrit is when reciting prayers.

Its really not so difficult nowadays since what's spoken is really a Hindi-English creole. For all our masturbation over hindu culture and nationalism we sure don't give enough of a fuck about our languages to, for example, use the native words numbers beyond thirty or really anything beyond 5th grade vocabulary. And since we don't hace a good grasp on any one particular language we end up using tons of beleaguered fillers and gesticulations to make our point.

well we use latin for law and medical school but sanskrit is used more towards someone's culture and/or hobby. latin is also much easier

Yeah, I've noticed that. Doing the Rosetta stone stuff is quite funny sometimes, as you'll get a section where teaching the language is basically just saying words in English with a funny accent. At one point it kept telling me I was saying the word "car" wrong.

Though that may be because I can't roll my Rs.

Anyway, aspects of it don't seem too hard, so maybe I'll get to basic conversation stage after not too long.

>we
>tf

>use the native words numbers beyond thirty
Speak for yourself. I have to deal with baniya shopkeepers counting in hindi all the time.

On a similar note Tamils are again chimping over Hindi.
indianexpress.com/article/trending/trending-in-india/stop-hindi-chauvinism-netizens-protest-as-hindi-replaces-english-on-tamil-nadu-milestones-4600341/

Yea I don't think the dude is learning Hindi to haggle with bhaji walas

> Tamils are chimping out
Good for them. Forced cultural assimilation is NWO tier cancer that is especially terrible for a country as big as ours. This Hindi nationalism meme is getting out of hand. Just use English as a lingua franca and let people maintain their native cultural spaces.

Is kursee hai

Honestly I'm just trying to learn Hindi out of interest more than anything. I managed to get by for three months in India knowing none at all.

>is
*yeh kursee hai

watch lot of hindi movies fäm

where did you go specifically?

asking for a friend

Lekin...
youtube.com/watch?v=tybgsLHcTbA
"Is" Emily hai, na?
What's the difference?

Yeh kya hai?

That's what I don't understand. In the same advert they call it milk, and doodh. Seems weird and inconsistent. Also doodh milk lmao.

All over the place. Bombay, Goa, Aurangabad, Indore, Delhi, Agra, Manali, Dharamsala, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Darjeeling, Rishikesh, and a few other places too. I literally just flew to Bombay with no plan and went wherever I fancied. It was quite a nice way to travel.

Yeh barebare taazetaaze garamgaram samose hain!

>mfw it's a thing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation

Maybe in historical role, but Sanskrit is much more important in Indian culture, religion, etc. than Latin is for westerners. Sanskrit is more formal, and more steeped in (relevant) culture to understand, which makes it harder, as mentions. Its not that bad for speakers of Indian languages though.

>especially terrible for a country as big as ours
agreed

>This Hindi nationalism meme is getting out of hand.
It would be better to have a desi language as the lingua franca, without pushing out local languages. Not sure if thats possible though.

Agreed, but we have a reality shaped by our colonial history and the current importance of English to make peace with.

vocaroo.com/i/s0K55XhrOtyr
how did i do guys

maybe kashmiri or punjabi, you look lightskin as fuck niBBa

bEnGaLi hiNdu bRaHmIN....reporTiNg....wAT cASte aRE u aLL.....

whats your motivation for learning hindi man

Bih*ri genocide when?

whats wrong with biharis. i always hear desis making fun of them but i never understood what the real problem was

If the Indian economy and educational system would be more developed and robust, there'd be less reason to learn english, and Hindi+Mother Tongue would suffice.

Worst state of India and awful Muslim migrants during partition to East Pakistan

I'm interested. Thinking about seeing if I can move to India for a year or two for work.

Given that most worldwide business is in English it makes sense.

The Chinese seem to do just fine having English as an optional language to learn.