Why does he hate everything this year? Who hurt him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP4CSgl7K7oo93I49tQa0TLB8qY3u7xuO
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he doesn't hate everything, you just have shit taste

Guess what, rock fucking sucks this year

This year has been a little shitty, user, it's like 2014 all over again.

All true, but still stuff like this (83 on Metacritic), Rocket (81), Arca (87), and especially Narkopop (85), all getting shit reviews from him just seems weird. Not that I think you shouldn't disagree with critics, but I'm just surprised he's basically the opposite on so many albums.

Keep in mind this is his opinion, so maybe he dosen't enjoy it as much as others

Is he growing old? You know, just like when people can't enjoy new things because they are growing old.

and?
Also he was never that big on arca or alex g to begin with.

Obviously not since he still enjoys a lot of new music.

Narkopop didn't deserve a 2/10

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP4CSgl7K7oo93I49tQa0TLB8qY3u7xuO

This.
He even says he never listened to Gas before, so if the 2/10 is any indication he would also hate every other Gas release since his main criticisms apply to all of them.

>METACRITIC
Might as well leave this board underage newfag.
>Not that I think you shouldn't disagree with critics, but I'm just surprised he's basically the opposite on so many albums.
Yes, thats because world is full of fucking normies who do (review) stuff because of money. I don't even agree with Fantano but at least you can see everything he says is honest.

What I really want to know is why he still reviews heavy music. Metal/hardcore punk reviews tend to get lower scores so why even bother? He hasn't even given one a 10.

He loved NAILS

Narkopop is the first and only time I've been personally attacked by one of his scores lol

>feeling personally attacked by someone having a different opinion on the internet
Please kill yourself

Chill man. It's just a figure of speech..

I don't see what's wrong with using Metacritic to illustrate a trend in what critics think of an album.

There isn't anything wrong with it. People on this site are just pretending to be self righteous and informed when really they're self conscious douche bags

Not everything he says is honest. He gave Adele and Paramore a 7. Don't forget about that 9 he gave to Father John Misty. I agree sometimes with Fantano (like when he gave a 3 to last Arctic Monkeys record instead of sucking their asses like everyone else) but he obviously doesn't know much about music so I don't get why he is praised so much.

>implying Fantano doesn't have shit taste too

so when he gives an album that everyone hates a high score he is wrong, but when he gives an album everyone loves a low score he is right? really makes you think

>Implying "hate" in this thread's subject isn't an opinion when talking about music

>anything popular enough for Melon to cover
>good

Everything good this year has been entirely ignored

this

>I don't get why he is praised so much.
His work ethic and content output is undeniable, the flipside to that being it's very obvious he can't live with albums long enough to judge them properly. Gives him an insane bias towards things that are ATTENTION GRABBING and INTENSE, you really can't trust his opinion on music that's relaxing and contemplative

NTAE got an 8, so you obviously don't pay much attention

I totally agree. I've been trying to keep up with 2017's releases and so far my list of my favorite albums has 35 in it, but only 4 of them are by people I'd heard of before this year. Granted, this is the first year I've made the effort of finding new music without having heard about it first in a review or thread on here so I might not be as familiar with the mostly-unknowns as others on here, but still.

I wish he'd go more under the surface for albums to cover and give the spotlight, but that wouldn't get as many views.

Post some of em senpai

Nnamdi Ogbonaya - Drool
Quicksails - Mortal
Jlin - Black Origami
F.U.T.U.R.OS.C.O.P.E. - s/t
Raz Ohara/Cummi Flu - Y

Is Lexemenomicon better than Tonemenomicon, if you've heard both? I've only listened to his first still.

Lex is by far better than Tone, if you only have time for one listen to Lex.

Black Origami literally got BNM from P4K, and Fantano did review it he just did a short video about it on twitter. it's not anything obscure or something.

What albums are you looking forward to and will Antony give them a good score?

Psychic Drift by White Suns.. I think he'll give it a 7.

>never really cared about melon
>sometime he rates my favourite album as a 6/10 or some shit
>suddenly hate him with a passion

Only listened to Drool and Black Origami off yours, but they're both on mine too. Fucking great stuff. I'll have to check out your other ones. I would have put them in my recs here but since you already heard them:

Jacaszek - KWIATY (ambient pop)
Boring Bathtimes - Loss (free on his bandcamp) (drone-folk)
Lawrence English - Cruel Optimism (drone)
Bastien Keb - 22.02.85 (R&B I think. Hardly listened to anything from the genre so idk for sure)
Nick Hakim - Green Twins (R&B I think)
Hauschka - What If (Insrumental/experimental poppy stuff kind of? I'm bad with genre-identification)
Robedoor - New Age Sewage (loud drone-y post-rock)
Shackleton & Vengeance Tenfold - Sferic Ghost Transmits (I did notice p4k did a review for this one so idk how well known it actually is. Never seen people mention it anywhere though) (primitive ambient/electronic with some spoken word)
And if you're looking for a really great pop album I've not heard anyone talk about at all, check out Thomas Azier - Rouge.

True but it's still someone I assume they'd never heard of before this year, so not a very well-established artist afaik. I'd never heard of her before either.

Thanks for the rec, I'm grabbing it on slsk now. Looking forward to it

he gave is this the life we really want a strong 7

Oh shit you got some i didn't include on mine. That Shackleton record is a JAM and the Bastien Keb is way cool. I'll have to check out some of your other ones I don't recognize.

On bandcamp check out Poly Chain - Music for Candy Shops. Ambient noise made by a Polish woman. Reaaaaaal good

no problem senpai, it's legit an AOTY contender for me, like easily an 8.5/10

>Shackleton

mah nigga