Is the "It" remake going to suck, or can Froggo save it?

Is the "It" remake going to suck, or can Froggo save it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f3Kf1Iy5E6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They better include the orgy

Me in the back btw

it will suck. proof:

>[Fukunaga] told VARIETY: "I was trying to make an unconventional horror film. It didn’t fit into the algorithm of what [New Line] knew they could spend and make money back on based on not offending their standard genre audience. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive.

>"The main difference was making Pennywise more than just the clown," he continued. "After 30 years of villains that could read the emotional minds of characters and scare them, [I was] trying to find really sadistic and intelligent ways he scares children. Also, the children had real lives prior to being scared, and all that character work takes time. It’s a slow build, but it’s worth it. [But New Line] didn’t want any characters. They wanted archetypes and scares. Every little thing was being rejected. We didn’t want to make the same movie."

Finn will be good of course. The rest will probably be mediocre. The original director dropped out because the studio was pushing for as safe a movie as possible. Said they wanted to make one movie, even though it was scripted as two and would have cost exactly the same amount.

I agree, that kid acts well in my humble opinion. One of the best actors from stranger things

So the studio won?

>ie, I wanted the orgy scene but they said no orgy scene so I quit.

He really is, though. I don't see why El and Dustin seem to get all the praise.

Retard.

That was rude of you, Satan.

why is fukunaga writing and not directing? it should be the other way around, he can't write for shit

i dont know, i hoesntly didnt see any thing from mike in stranger things that indictated to me "wow, hes a great young actor". i mean, i liked him in the series, but lets face it, he pretty much just filled a role. he didnt show a lot of "range" or anything.

None of them look like Bill. Bill is described as being bigger than them and handsome. None of them fit that.

whose playing pennywise?

youtube.com/watch?v=f3Kf1Iy5E6U

Legit who gives a fuck

Bill Skarsgard

>Who cares if the person they cast looks or acts like the character they're playing?

yes. he quit a while ago.

he was. he likes to bounce ideas off his writers and go on from there even on projects he does not have a writing credit for, similar to how he also edited some of Pizzolatto's writing in True Detective, which is why they clashed.

Will there be sex in it?

I dont know how I should feel about this, I haven't seen him in anything

This one. He was Young Memelord in Guardians of the Galaxy

They are.

it has all the signs to it sucking, but I want to believe

IT is my favorite book of all time

That is inaccurate. He is playing Bill, but he is not young Memelord. Young memelord is in the green sweater with curly hair.

me in the back

There is no way this won't suck complete goat ass...

The girl playing Bev looks like an exact combination of the two on the right. It's as if they did the fusion dance from DBZ

>Dolly Parton's comment
Also, what the fuck is happening in this picture? What can possibly be the context?

Why the fuck is it in the 80s? That's plain boring. I don't fucking believe it saves them much if any money. This is some fag trying to 1-up the source material with pointless changes. I don't want to see 2016 Derry in the sequel either god damn it. Fuck you New Line. Fuck Stranger Things too. Yes, these 2 projects drag eachother down by releasing side-by-side. They said they wanted to adapt IT and got rejected. I hope they feel like shit for setting their show in the 80s now. They even share a lead actor. Thanks for the back-to-back Goonies sequels, jackasses.

They're having ice cream after shooting THAT scene.

Why not update it? Two period pieces in one movie is way too much.

I can see why he's Bill now. Really cute how they posed Bill and Bev. You just know. You just know.

saw the director of the remake also made the Mama film, which was much better as a short film. he can provide the scares, no doubt, but is he a capable director of kids? It with Fukunaga behind the lens would have been a treasure. It with this guy will be a scary summer flick quickly forgotten.

>IT Thread
>Nothing but Fukanaga dick sucking and "where's muh orgy" shitposting.

Yep, everytime.

Why does black kid not get to eat ice cream in a blue robe?

Why change it? Why don't you want something set in the 50s for once?

>hurr cuz the directors and writers are 80s kidz
Give me a break. Just adapt the story like you're supposed to. How do you think they're going to portray 2016 Derry? You think the fag bashing and racism is going to make sense even with Pennywise's influence? You looking forward to Pennywise caught on Youtube like some Marble Hornets rip?

because the source material comments on the 50's and the 80's and the two times lend the tone to the two segments.

>You think the fag bashing and racism is going to make sense even with Pennywise's influence?

Not at all because we have eliminated racism and homophobia in 2016. They literally don't exist anymore.

he was also the cunt son in masters of sex

>You think the fag bashing and racism is going to make sense even with Pennywise's influence?
No, they will update it by making Mellon a genderfluid transwomyn, and they will attack xir when xie uses the "wrong" restroom.

The late fifties setting worked really well for the story though, and them having a bunch of technology would complicate things.

he was terrible like all the other kids on the show.

but it doesn't matter because dumb millennials will eat it up anyway.

jumpin' george! this wins most moronic post of the day.

>dolly_parton comment
ok which one of you fags from the stranger things generals was it

I'm so sorry, user. You have really shitty taste. Or you aren't a big reader and obviously haven't read that much.

he's busy selling crack to the film crew

They don't have cell phone towers or ISPs in Maine. It's a simple place with simple folk.

it's dumb kids regurgitating what they read and see in threads and elsewhere on the internet

none of these kids really gives a crap about IT, the new movie, or Stephen King for that matter

t. 3edgy5me

>none of these kids really gives a crap about IT, the new movie, or Stephen King for that matter

>he was terrible like all the other kids on the show beside millie brown
Otherwise I agree. The black token guy was the worst one, mike was terrible too, the dude that went missing had 2min of screentime so can't tell, our guy Dustin was pretty good though but nothing compared to Millie.
Oh, and the 2 chadbro bullies were also bad.

This is going to be the nightmare on elm street version of IT in all probability.

>sons of jewish producers seductively eating lollipops while in bathrobes

Hollyweird summed up

Listen to the audiobook read by Steven Weber. It has to be Steven Weber. It's brilliantly performed. If he acted out every novel then reading would be totally pointless.

>seductively eating lollipops
What did he mean by this?

He was in hemlock grove. But he's lanky 6"4. Sharp facial features. Good casting, but probably won't be enough to make the film good.

B-But they're clearly ice cream cones.

>no hispanic kid
>no asian kid

is this set in the 1930s?

They said his audition was "different" than everyone else's. They didn't say better or worse, just different. That's somewhat intriguing to me.

I'm glad that they're going with relative unknowns for most of the cast. That makes me think they're picking people based on skill and looks rather than just big names.

I expected such. His whole family are actors and his talents line up with this film. But he has to be written and directed right, to expose his full potential

None of the characters were fucking faggot spics or chinks so oops

Apparently he and Mike are dating.

You will all float Sup Forums...

You wanna know how I got these balloons? Well, I'm da Jokah baybee

the absolute madman baybee

El because she's a girl, Dustin because he's mildly retarded

Still Finn has the biggest potenential yet, Millie has a high potential too desu, but she should get a role where she talks more and glowers less

Wrong. That kid was in St Vincent and Midnighht Special. Good actor.

>no characters that didn't exist in the book

point and laugh

the movie will probably be bad. it will be pg-13, full of predictable jump scares, and it won't compare to the book.

but i'll still see it because i love IT

its actually guaranteed to be R and probably continuing the recent trend of HorrorKino

Explain this.

he's playing richie? i don't see him in that character at all. he's too meek and introverted

Does Richie go missing in the book?

Mike is introverted and meek. Finn is something of a spaz IRL. I can see him playing richie, granted the entire cast seems slightly too young.

Except they've already confirmed it's R rated. So shut up.

Probably an allusion to the book scene where Richie and Bill see themselves in the old time photograph getting killed by IT.

You do know they are only like 12 and 13 in the book right?

IT SPEAKS.

no. a lot of kids do, but none of the losers

hahahaha autism you guys wooo hahahahahaha

What's the weird red squiggly lines going up and down his eyes meant to convey? Feels tryhard. "oooooh IT looks that much more alien even though his clown make up is meant to look normal! Are you unsettled?"

You do know there is a wide variety of different clown makeup styles and designs right? And that red lines down over the eyes is a pretty common clown technique?

I'm pretty sure they're just crediting him because they're still using some of the material he came up with in development. He's moved on from the project, but they didn't just throw out ALL the work he did.

I've never seen long tails going from the lips to forehead. Unless you go to weird Halloween haunted houses where they try so hard to look scary. Do clowns have swastikas on their foreheads where you live?

He was pretty bad on Hemlock Grove, but to be fair, I don't think there's an actor alive who could save that godawful writing.

I fail to see how you connected "Red lines over the eyes" to "swastikas on foreheads". Can you explain that jump in logic to me?

Do you think they'll again forget IT's Silver and Orange color scheme that is mentioned 10000 times in the book throughout every form IT takes? I forget just how important it is but it's important enough for me to notice 7 years after reading IT when I rewatched the "movie" and got triggered.

It's not actually important but I do agree that I hope they use it as well.

Yeah, I realize that. I guess now looking at it through the lens of someone pushing 30, 12 or 13 seems a lot younger than it did when I first read the book/watched the original movie. They all look like babies.

The lines don't really bother me. It seems a little 2spooky4you, but I figure this is Pennywise in attack mode as he has the yellow eyes Tim Curry had in the original when he went spoopy

I think it is going to be ABSOLUTE SHIT.

Director has precisely one real film under his belt: Mama.

Writers: Dauberman ... has one film under his belt, Annabelle. Uncredited rewrite on Nightmare on Elm Street. Other writer, Palmer, has zero completed film credits to his name.

Actors: Skarsgard will be okay.

This is going to suck so bad. Realistically, it's about six, seven hours worth of film if you've got a tight edit. It ought to be an HBO miniseries.

Okay, yeah, skip the orgy thing -- I get what King was trying to do with it but it is unfilmable.

This just looks like a trainwreck from the get-go.

>racist outdated book

also whites statistically are the biggest homos

Whites are the only race advanced enough to be openly comfortable with homosexuality. There are fags everywhere.

not really

whites are just gaybois. you should consider transitioning

Like all new movies and remakes, yes it will suck.

statistically, 6/10 black men are living on the down low