it was this one btw

youtu.be/f-AbVQyGOTg

just wanted everyone to know

i don't

that song is kinda good

antihoney.bandcamp.com/album/antihoney-2
Not sure if it's dream pop enough for /shugazi/, but i quite like it
(warning: weeb-ish vocals)

I know everyone here loves noise pop, but are /shugazi/ fans of straight up noise? I think there was a merzbow album on one of the charts.

used to listen to a ton of noise
i think people should consider yellow swans' going places shoegaze
that shit is that fire

Noise is the modern art equivalent in music. It's just that. Noise. It's like watching at "invisible art". You have to be a raging hipster to even pretend to like noise.

You have to be a raging pleb to misunderstand the (actually very simple) appeal that badly.

Will Winter release new album this summer?
I know they released some singles last years, but Supreme Blue Dream was very comfy desu.
That title belongs to Lowercase more than anything.

I don't know how someone could enjoy shoegaze and think that, seeing as some lovesliescrushing, flying saucer attack and even mbv is borderline noise.

kawaii

Trish from broadcast once said the avant is shit without the popular and the pop is shit without the avant
kinda makes sense even though I don't necessarily agree

Why is no one talking about the latest Ride track? This is incredible
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2_GwDcGas

I agree that Supreme Blue Dream was comfy as fuck

Don't they have an album dropping soon?

hey guys, just got into shoegaze
listened to Nowhere and Loveless and prefered the last, can anybody rec me some albums like Loveless?

It's coming out on 16th, still hasn't leaked

Good
Lad

this is good

what else is it

nothing

>noise
>appeal

Nope. in the trash it goes

stop sucking cocks

Thoughts Gentleman?
>Any suggestions for something similar?

Lose Yourself in Me is my favorite track on it, great EPs. Try pic related.

any really abrasive shoegaze out there other than Goslings?

Yes this

thanks chappie

youtube.com/watch?v=zzL_vKpqSXE

i remember a while ago Sup Forums had this master folder that used to be shared around with a shit ton of essential shoegaze on it. does anyone still have it (or even know what i'm talking about)?

lets just make it again

name?

Google - Reverse Image Search

my ex girlfriend used and I used to listen to a ton of C.C.C.C. and Gerogerigegege together :(

dropping acid for the first time later today. album recs?

velocity : design : comfort

Ceres and Calypso in Deep Time

Drape is so fucking good, like holy shit.

Thoughts on this? It's been way better than their other album for me so far, still not quite clicking in a way that keeps me coming back though which is weird since I love noise rock.

Obvious definition smuggling.

just gave this a listen, seeing them live next week. nice album, though the term 'blackgaze' is a bit pretentious, eh?

Give mbv a try

Am I the only one that find older albums more enjoyable?

Try LSD and the Search for God selftitled and Lilys - In the Presence of Nothing

>my ex girlfriend used and I used to listen to a ton of C.C.C.C. and Gerogerigegege together :(
tfw no noise gf

how

this shit is so good
i should've listened to it a long time ago

I wanna say most people would consider shoegaze in general to be a 90s thing and that it's golden age was 91 or whatever

Are we hyped for the new Deafcult that comes out at the end of the month? I thought the single was pretty good, better than anything on their EP outside of maybe Akira.

/ded/

no desu. I much prefer japanese shoegaze and nugaze, they just seem to be more fun-spirited compared to the 90s scene.

Isn't it always though?

this is really shit

why is like all blackgaze so corny

cause sensitivity in metal is corny

Underrated electronic type shoegaze

Does anyone have a link for the All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors S/T album?

THIS

I don't use slsk, but it's not on Waffles or RuT. Finally listened to Turning into Small and really liked it. Just hoping /shu/ can come through.

mega.nz/#!jR4RkLSS!4cQ7gEX-ExaxRYaC87jRabnopRPVzfkZB776P-ed3LU

Fucking awesome, thanks.

I need some recs for some shit that sounds more like To Here Knows When with the constant wall of heavily distorted guitar rather than the more poppy stuff I usually find when I'm looking for shoegaze. Astrobrite and lovesliescrushing are the best I've found to scratch that itch so far but I need more

I checked this out, I enjoyed it but it's not quite as noisy and dense as I'm looking for

youtube.com/watch?v=QbnYPrXx8H8

Niiice

The best Swirlies song???

Nah, it's this youtu.be/V9p8xkGlYkc

rateyourmusic.com/list/TheFoxBen/shoegaze-records-with-a-cat-on-the-cover/

try some ambient noise stuff. jefre cantu-ledesma, infinite body, i am a lake of burning orchids might interest you
this isnt bad if you want something a little harsher

Try sunbather by death heaven pls. They use a lot of layering I know.

SPC ECO is the only band ever to have combined brostep with shoegaze and I think that's fucking brilliant,

So are y'all a cat or doggo person? Shugazi in general seems to have a thing for cats

why is shoegaze even considered a real genre. stuff like mbv, slowdive and ride are all completely different from each other its weird they get lumped in under the same genre

The the kind of sound of the guitars in shoegaze.

Listening to this for the first time in a while. Its just as unmemorable but pleasant as I remember it being.

Can i get an example of this pls

thecherrywave.bandcamp.com/album/avalancher-lp

maybe this?

I love cantu-ledesma and I am a lake of burning orchids, I just checked out infinite body and it's definitely the kind of stuff I'm looking for
That's too aggressive for what I'm looking for
This is some good shit as well

Thanks for the recs dudes

Can someone post that huge /shoegaze and dreampop/ chart that always gets posted around?

All Natural Lemon & Lime Flavors - Turning into Small for a more space-y psychedelic approach to Loveless's sound.
Fleeting Joys - Despondent Transponder for some straight up MBV cloning. Don't forget to listen to their non-album single, Kiss A Girl in Black, because imo it's their best song.

I haven't visited Sup Forums, consumed a piece of new music, or followed any music-related news in almost 2 years. Have I missed anything important?

new spectres

Slowdive just released a self-titled album this year. You might want to look into that if you're a fan.

And another

Ride is barely shoegaze and Slowdive leans pretty heavily on dream pop, a separate genre that just happens to get mixed very often with shoegaze since they go so well together. There is a coherent shoegaze sound but you fully understand it if you only listen to the big three.

youtube.com/watch?v=knXIYXDFh4U
guys I love this

but it was shit

Pleb opinion

Fuck this is some good shit, this is definitely the kind of stuff I was looking for

albums/bands similar to pale saints-in ribbons?

bump

new ride coming too

youtube.com/watch?v=-a8eLgDrJw4

i love nipgaze so much

ehi I like this, thanks