Why am I so underwhelmed by this?

Why am I so underwhelmed by this?
Helplessness blues was sloppy and a little longwinded compared to the self titled but still pretty good.
This just continues that trend: its super sloppy, the lyrics are pretentious bordering on cringey, it legit sounds like cut content from helplessness.
It really took them 5 years to make this?

yep, it's shit.

t. plebs

What do you think is sloppy about it?

Self Titled had really tight harmonies the songs were succinct and never wasted my time.
Helplessness blues was a bit more meandering, saved entirely by the title song.
Crack Up has no helplessness blues-tier song to save it from sounding like a decent cover band who makes original songs that kinda sound like the material they cover.

t. pleb

>Fleet Foxes stans respond like this
Robin would be disappointed, user.

those are pretty dismissive and weak criticisms. to my ears the is band "tighter" now than they ever were. seriously just because there is a greater variety of sounds, textures and dynamics on the album doesn't necessarily mean it is wasting time... i think this album ended up being better because it meanders. it makes it so replayable as well if you are trying engage with the record, but maybe not if you're a normie looking to sing along to a catchy chorus on a road trip

>to my ears the is band "tighter" now than they ever were

Fleet Foxes : 39:20
Helplessness Blues:49:57
Crack Up- 55:07

What did he mean by this?

Do you have any idea what the word tight means when it comes to describing a group of musicians you absolute mong

>band plays better means their music is better
no

>user gives his criticisms of the music of the album
>you come back giving your opinion of the closeness of band as an argument thinking it is somehow relevant
>"dismissive and weak criticisms"

What the fuck did he mean by this?

not me, but constructing a tight album has nothing to do with length, it is a describes of how well they maintain interest and how graceful transitions are both within in songs and throughout the record. it is concerned with the design not the size.

its their best record and this is the worst type of criticism:

>cringey
>pretenteious
>underwhelming
>meandering

>Helplessness blues
>longwinded

this is how i know you're a philistine. crack up is the best album of the 2010s desu

hmm...

is this pleb Sup Forums Thursday? This is aoty

i've heard 10 minutes eps that wasted most of my time
that's overly reductive in more than one way

I haven't listened to this so I won't label it this way but progressive music might not be your thing?

Mumford and Sons for hipsters

This album is progressive-lite compared to their previous outings and even still FF is progressive-lite when compared to the other progressive bands/albums they are aping.

What prog folk bands would you say they are copying?

Hipsters with thesauruses.

Where did I say Prog folk in my post?
Name a 2000's actual prog band + Beach boys and there you go, fleet foxes.
Mew+Beach boys.
Sigur Ros+ Beach boys

To be clear, I loved the self titled, and pieces of helplessness blues. I own both on vinyl and spin them regularly.

mars volta + beach boys
hmm guess you're wrong

Helplessness Blues (9) > Crack Up (8) > S/T (7)

Can we all pretty much agree on this?

Literally the worst opinion in this thread. Promptly end your life desu.

>Anything that is folk is basically Mumford and Sons
Fucking pleb central in here.

no, lots of people think s/t is their best album
i'd say its about even with HB with crack-up being inferior but not bad

>Helplessness blues was sloppy
holy shit

>mars volta
>not post-hardcore

Are you just deaf or actually retarded

>he thinks HB isnt bloated compared to FF

HMMMMMMMM.... Defend your wrong opinions.

drone

>can't even break a 80 on metacritic KEK.

drones

There have only been 6 reviews. Trust me, it'll be even higher. That being said, I hate this album.

Great album. On par with Self Titled though completely different.

Listen to it again. With headphones. Pay attention. This is an active listening album.

i fucking h ate this meme

wtf i hate crack up now

I didn't know there was a new fleet foxes album! I'll listen now :)

Finishing my first listen and it's good but the question is how good.

They just did you fucking dipshit, literally scroll up

"If other people won't validate my opinions, they're not opinions i hold"

Here is my humble opinion, soon lost within an endless stream of senseless aggression:

I like this album. I like it because it sounds good to me.

That's all, really.

this is a dumb argument, any album with even an lick of artistic merit could be classified as 'active listening', and i say this as a big crack-up fan

Listening now. I actually feel like it's getting exponentially better with every song (on On Another Ocean now). Helplessness Blues is still my favorite Fleet Foxes song, but I could have done with everything after it.

I was pretty underwhelmed until If You Need to, Keep Time on Me. I'm pretty warm to it now. Lyrically, I'd agree it's probably not their strongest game but the music is just so pretty.

S/T has a special place in my heart, so I won't bother comparing them... yet.

Agree with these

realest patrician itt

>It really took them 5 years to make this?

No, it took them like a few months actually. It's also their best album if you have taste

>le nothing to say is better fallacy
go die in a hole