GamesBeat: The character you have on the front of the promotional stuff you were showing...

>GamesBeat: The character you have on the front of the promotional stuff you were showing, the guy in the cape with the club and stuff, why that particular character?

>Berlin: We thought it was a cool image for the cover. When we set out on this game, we wanted to depict not just the common view of what the war was like. We wanted to challenge some preconceptions. We want to delve into some of the unknowns of World War One. Maybe people don’t know that this person fought or that person fought, that this army was involved. We’re stretching out and bringing all those stories into the game. But I can’t go into any specific details as far as which armies or characters we’re depicting at this point.

>GamesBeat: You’re talking about revealing sides of the war that people don’t necessarily know about. A lot of people have made note of the fact that your cover character is black, even though obviously black people fought in World War One. For you guys, was that a conscious decision, an opportunity to show that there was more breadth to this war than people know about?

>Berlin: That’s the thing. People don’t know that this was the case. We want to show diversity in the game. That’s been a key goal. You can see in the trailer that there’s a Bedouin woman warrior on a horse. She’s a playable character in the single-player campaign.

venturebeat.com/2016/05/06/ea-dices-lead-designer-answers-our-questions-about-battlefield-1/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>one of the few WW1 videogames to come out
>it's glorifying 0.05% of the war effort

fuck this diversity shit

its like walking into a room full of 2000 spheres and 5 squares and telling everyone how great squares are

>diversity
ugh

Not buying this shit

ITS FUCKING DLC
IF YOU WANT A TO AS A BLACK GUY YOU FORK OVER THE MONEY

>Bedouin
>woman
>warrior

The fucking harlem niggers they're talking about fought in TWO FUCKING BATTLES

Millions of white people were slaughtered in this war but oh no theres a nig nog

Yeah like top fucking kek, you really think the intensely patriarchal Bedouins would let a woman lead them?

>black WWI soldier
Kay
>Bedouin woman warrior on a horse
Never fucking happened

you guys are genuinely mad, holy shit you're all faggots.

Game is going to be phenomenal

>le I am legion and I Dont like le black people, Do I fit in now guise ? (:^]
And once again, 4chin does not disappoint which their cancerous meme.

says the proxy faggot

>turkroach
Opinion discarded.

Didn't realize this was Sup Forums. Explains all the cancerous comments and all the insecurity and self delusion and false sense of self righteous that are being projected onto others for simply liking something.

just cause you see a rare flag doesnt mean its a proxy flag, plus UAE is uncommon at best

>people don't know that this is the case

fucking faggot. my wife's son's US history's textbook section on WWI is literally 25% what happened and 75% how nonwhite people or women helped

Who fucking cares? How many WWI first person shooters are there? And they by default have all white characters.
ONE depicts some black soldiers and you little queers have a meltdown.

>Bedouin woman warrior on a horse
>She’s a playable character
welp not buying that shit

>How many WWI first person shooters are there?

like, two? that's kind of the point. there isn't enough WW1 titles to justify doing this diversity shit.

>niggers

>depicts black characters
>on the promotional art
>and the disc
>and the statue
>and the day 1 DLC

We don't even know if the dindu will even be a playable character yet and were already smearing our shit on the walls. Just wait till the games out before judging it.

Didn't the last battlefield have a black guy as the main character as well?

That's bullshit

THE HORROR!!!

>implying that all playable characters will be black
stop complaining you little queer

According to Eric Gans, "diversity" and state enforced quotas are a means of avoiding ressenment resulting from advancement and gain in social prestige otherwise achieved by just the unmarked group in their social ventures. "Victim groups" like women and "PoC" would feel "left behind" otherwise.

When you begin to place emphasis on "diversity" on past ventures instead of new ones, it gets a bit more complicated. In the past, we primaliy saw western history being used as a source of ressentment by framing out-groups as victims. Here however, we see an attempt to force out-groups into being included and put center-stage with the PAST social ventures of the in-group (marginal contributions of said out-groups in said social ventures does not explain why there should be such a high-light on them) as a means to enforce "diversity".

Despite the left and the victimary's emphasis on war in particular as something that should be avoided in all costs as a means to avoid victimization, there seems to be at least some sense that certain individuals might rise up between the bloodshed as figures worthy of adoration. This unnecessarily large emphasis on victim-groups that had relatively little influence on the history of the first-group (white men) in media works about said history is an example that the victimary sees emphasis of firstness on one's own history as a potential source of ressentment, and that the feeling of being "left behind" is something that can be applied retroactively.

>thats bullshit

excellent rebuttal, m'SJW

The is the 2nd one. Maybe the third. It's the first AAA one.

>That's bullshit

It's not bullshit. This is World War I, not World War II. There are hardly any WW1 video games you flaming retard.

>I'm not a proxyfag, I legitimately do live in a third world shithole! Take that, faggot!
Uh...congratulations?

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48

There aren't 2 WWI video games you dumb mongoloids. Use google and maybe you'd take your head out of your ass.
It's amazing how the collective IQ of this board hovers around 70

>playing battlefield for the campaign.
Kek.
Also the game is made by swedes, what did you expect from the most cucked nation on earth.

sounds like i'll get to play multiplayer and kill niggers in ww1 setting

this is bad because?????

>NES games from the 80s dont count retard

>A lot of people have made note of the fact that your cover character is black, even though obviously black people fought in World War One.
No, not obviously. That's not obvious.

Why does the fact that black people also were in the war add breadth to it? Was the fact that it was already the first world war not enough of a big deal?

It really baffles me how stupid someone can be. Again, if you used google like someone who wasn't a compete dumbass, you'd see that you're wrong. Again.

Also good job at moving the goalposts.

Kill yourself.

>kill yourself

lel no

how about you fall on your sword

and again, this is literally the first AAA WW1 game and it's ruined by WE WUZ

>0.05%

Way over generous.

Nice try faggot. They are got getting money for this bullshit, at least not anyone with sense.

>You can see in the trailer that there’s a Bedouin woman warrior on a horse. She’s a playable character in the single-player campaign.

This SJW shit has seriously jumped the shark

it's sweden

did you really expect anything less

>first AAA WW1 game
there is your answer, anything that's mainstream is crap

You guys know there was muticultural cast in the last 3 battlefield titles right?

I'm not a manchild so I don't play video games m8

Who can recommend me a game where you can enact a dead nigger storage scenario? And turkish genocide too.

It's only a matter of time before these retards figure out that pandering to one of the most hated minorities (SJWs) on the internet is going to piss off the bulk of their audience. With the backlash to the incompetency displayed by Ghostbusters it can't be long before they go back to just making pulpy trash without all the overblown virtue signalling.

This Battlefield game has also likely been in the pipeline for years meaning that they were hoping 2 - 3 years ago that their audience would find this shit palatable.

i'm okay with that because none of those wars were a white mans war

Too busy prepping the bull, eh?

You know there's a multicultural army now? But not then?

This is an insult to all who fought and died in that war.

There's nothing wrong with this game

No one is insinuating that Black people were a significant part of WWII. It's just that there are SO ANY FUCKING WORLD WAR VIDEO GAMES that there are two wikipedia pages for it. They want to do something new, so they are putting lesser known aspects of the world war into the games.

There WERE niggerfighters in world war 1. So that's in there. There WERE bedouins, and if you watch the video the bedouin is pale as fuck. There's a nignog on the cover but you barely see him in the game.

This is cool. Maybe it'll even make nigs feel more patriotic about America. There's nothing wrong with the game and it looks okay and if the multiplayer is good ill probably buy it (holy fuck imagine like 100 v 100 trench warfare omfgg)

Including the black soldiers who also fought and died?

There diffrent nationalities in ww1. Not only white soldiers. Even the japs fought

>We wanted to challenge some preconceptions.

That WWI was a fucking hellish meatgrinder? That white peopel died? Why the fuck would you want to challenge preconceptions about

You know what fuck it. It doesn't matter anymore. Unless a WWI style conflict breaks out these cucks have control of the culture. God help us.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure this is designed intentionally to troll for marketing purposes

They want to be offensive (and being offensive is a liberal hallmark) to drive publicity for the game; the entire intent is to get a ton of people talking about it and one of the best ways to do that is to drive some sort of controversy.

Star Trek did it, new Star Wars did it; there's a long list of media titles that use diversity and niggers to push sales.

The last three Battlefield games depict militaries/police forces that aren't racially segregated.

>A lot of people have made note of the fact that your cover character is black, even though obviously black people fought in World War One.

What the fuck? That isn't obvious at all. You would never assume "oh what's world war one? A massive European war where a shit ton of whites died? Blacks obviously fought in that right?"

I want to play a game that features a handsome, strong, pink-clad queer black man with a weave where he rapes sissy white bois and massacres evil annoying white wymins

its not really a shithole where i live, thats like if i assumed all of the U.S was Detroit

>WWI game
>no trenches
>tanks everywhere despite being nothing more than a meme in WWI
>biplanes moving in excess of 400mph
>running around in the open with tommyguns
>WE WUZ GERMANZ
>trenchcoat used as a cape
>no trenchfoot
>germans obviously being played as the "enemy" again
>no mention or sight of ottomans
>zeppelins flying literally 50ft off the ground
This is garbage trash meant to pander to the reddit videogame crowd, pure and simple.

Using the Japanese might not be a great comparison here. they didn't fight much in WW1 and they hardly lost any soldiers.

>There's nothing wrong with the game and it looks okay and if the multiplayer is good ill probably buy it (holy fuck imagine like 100 v 100 trench warfare omfgg)
t. DICE shill

>No one is insinuating that Black people were a significant part of WWII.

All the promotional material pushes a black man at the forefront of one of the most important wars in white history.

The main character whom you play as is also black.

Were this some sort of religious situation it would be called sacrilege and blasphemy. Normally I don't care about the nigger shit, but blackwashing actual white history like this is really overstepping it.

That stupid fucking pose bothers me more than it being a black guy
I thought it was a poster for a new ME or Star Wars game.

uae is pretty nice actually

>Women
>WW1

>Oh shit we're hearing a lot of these calls for diversity on the internet, maybe that's who we should pander to?

>Sales tank
OY'VEY

No. People of different cultures fighting in a war is not the same as multicultural armies. There were regiments in any given army, but they made up a total of .5%, if that.

>No one is insinuating that Black people were a significant part of WWII.

People do that for both World Wars when they were extremely insignificant.

>HUUUR DUUR MUH SLAVE NIGGERS ARE GREAT HEROES THEY FOUGHT 2 BATTLES BUT BASIIICCALLLY WON THE WHOLE WAR LOOK AT MY NIGGERS EVERYONE HEY LOOK HOW GREAT NIGGERS ARE LOOKK AT THEM

Perhaps a few thousand black men fought in WWI; I doubt it's even that many.

It's not 0.5%, it's more like 0.000001%

>No one is insinuating that Black people were a significant part of WWII

Why is there an emphasis on them if they weren't significant? Perhaps my earlier post can provide an explanation. The idea that "they want to try somethingn new" seems not just naive and your own insertion into the story but also contradicts the statements in the OP.

>All the promotional material pushes a black man at the forefront
Except that's completely wrong, you retard. The cover of the promotional release image. He's not even in the release video, at least I didn't see him the two times I watched it. And the bedouin in the game is pale as fuck. He MAY be on the video game cover, we'll have no idea for a while

>The main character whom you play as is also black.

There's not a main character, but a host of different main characters. You have no reason to think the cover dude will appear with more frequency than the other dudes.

>Were this some sort of religious situation it would be called sacrilege and blasphemy
You're literally retarded. Have you played the other Battlefield games? Did you play any of the CoD games? Did you find it particularly odd that the role of the Russian army was almost nil, when they did most of the fighting for the Allies side?

In other words; Statistically Insignificant?

>He MAY be on the video game cover, we'll have no idea for a while

Are you retarded? He IS on the cover. Watch until the end of the very end of the trailer.

>Black man, white woman
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

Imagine all the European soldiers that died in World War One for their countries so that they could be immortalised as heroes of their nations and people.

nigger is literally the forefront of all their promotional materials, and he's the main character of the game, which we've actually known for the better part of a year.

>Diversity for the sake of diversity
I was hoping for vietnam, instead I get hamffisted world war one shooting which makes little no sense to be incorporated into a series about fucking vehicular warfare.

Hope that tripwire doesn't fuck up immensly with rising storm 2, actually sounds pretty decent.

They know what they are doing. They know this will get a rise out of people. Just don't fucking buy the game and move on. Anyone if you buy a modern BF game you are a dumb fuck anyway.

I was interested when I heard WW1 but I'm slowly losing interest with each new piece of info that comes out.

I'm not surprised, it being EA and DICE after all.

USA was in the war for what, 8 months tops? And of all the US forces they pick the black guy as the main advertisement model.

Kids today don't know much about World War One and nowpopular culture will make them think this nigga every time WW1 gets mentioned.

Is there a word for this "blackwashing" of history?

A Vietnam game couldn't be done nowadays anyways because depictions of the white man killing charlie would trigger the average EA consumer

Yeah, it's called

WE

cultural marxism

Because the modern US military is full of minorities. Back in the world wars, blacks were heavily segregated and mostly not allowed to serve, especially in combat.

>This is cool. Maybe it'll even make nigs feel more patriotic about America.

Nothing will ever do this you dumb fuck naive troll. The president is a nigger and black on black crime and homicide rates are as high as ever because said nigger president along with nigger loving media is making it taboo to critisize them thus they will get worse. They will just see this as another victory over whitey like the $10 bill changing to have a nigger on it. Go read niggers responding on kikebook or YouTube comments they aren't saying "this is a terrific thing for blacks everywhere" ifs more like "lol you mad whitey?".

Isn't WWI the war that's easiest to call stupid and ignore? Why would you be concerned with being represented in such a miserable, pointless meat grinder?

>war is stupid and horrible but make sure you have enough lesbians

The trailer lost my interest, personally

Too much CoD stuff; like running around with a vickers in one hand.

Meanwhile the CoD trailer actually didn't look that bad, although it had a shitty depiction of space, and somehow that trailer's got more dislikes than almost any other video I've ever seen.

COD games weren't about the progression of the war you SJW dumb fuck it was just a focus on handfull of soldiers and small battles. In fact dumbass the most iconic part of COD was the last mission where the Russians swarm the Reichstag.

the cod one was fucking awful. It looks like some poor attempt to copy Halo. Moreover, there's no more innovation in the series. Its been the same shit basically for years. I think people are sick of it

It has a lot of dislikes because the name is stupid, it's ANOTHER Far Future CoD game, and a lot of people see it as a killzone/halo rip off in certain areas. Also the song ruined any impact the game trailer tried giving. it was terrible.

On top of that, personally, it's another fucking yearly CoD game and it's really trying to push diversity even more which is getting annoying.

If this game does well, will they make games about more wars? Like weird little Balkan wars and shit?

This is what bugs me so much. It's not diversity, it's nigger pandering. Loads of games have nigger characters, I'd pay good money to pay as a sikh. That's real diversity.

Can you imagine uproar if someone made a holocaust movie that focused exclusively on slavic or gypsie victims instead of Jews?

>black stormtrooper
>this was a thing we swear guys
>diversity
Kek.

No, the takeaway will be that diversity sells, so whites should never be the main character, or even in the game, no matter what the setting is.