Do Americans really clap in the theatre?

Do Americans really clap in the theatre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSJQEl5vcAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep

No it's a joke, you can't clap because the anvils require two hands to hold.

I'm in NYC. I've never seen it.

Yup it covers up the noise of gunshots

Yeah I think I've seen that happen a few times. Don't think it's happen for a while though, dumb frogposter. I've only seen bad movies lately though, like Deadpool.

I feel like the appearance of a beloved character would trigger it, like Han Solo in Star Wars. Can't remember if it happened in my showing though.

do brits really crack open their crab legs with their buck wood teeth?

I feel like it's rare

but I also barely go to the movies anymore and have a shit memory

no one I know claps at movies at least

I saw the 6th Harry Potter film while visiting L.A. It was a cringe fest seeing people stand up and clap

it happens at midnight premiers

They just clap and eat burgers

People clapped at my theater for force awakens and the dark knight. I'd say it happens about 1 out of every 10 movies in my town.

Yes. My first experience with this was during the Avengers when Hulk pushes Loki's shit in. I'd say 3/4ths of the audience clapped and cheered.

Only on opening nights for shit that has turbo autist fanboys like star wars and harry potter did I see people clap.

I remember people clapping at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

>not a turbo autist fanboy
>went to midnight screening

nice try

I work at a theater and it's pretty common for well-received big blockbusters. Or even smaller films. Months ago I came in at the end of Miracles from Heaven to prepare to clean and everyone clapped at the ending. Kek'd hard

Of course.

They clap for no reasons in the harry potter movies themselves. go watch the first or second one again, watch how often they clap

>goes to see X-Men Apocalypse
>hardcore X-Men fangirl sitting behind me
>tattoos, X-Men shirt, Storm mohawk and everything
>literally does those rapid sort of claps every other line of dialogue
>she's crying by the end of the movie

Never go to a cult movie if you haven't seen it beforehand, it's just a circlejerk. I'd never seen The Holy Grail and there was a midnight showing, and I said: Enh, alright, I'm down for that.

It was the worst thing I'd ever seen in theatres aside from Cloverfield, I guess. Or Deadpool. I don't know if the movie itself was that bad, but none of the jokes were funny because people had just been repeated the punchlines to me my whole life, and the jokes that I hadn't heard, that audience already knew the punchline and they were laughing in advance for some reason, like robotic hyenas.

So I couldn't even hear the punchline because they were already all laughing because they'd memorized the damn thing. The only time I laughed in the whole movie was during a joke that had an awkwardly timed punchline so they couldn't figure out when to laugh like a hivemind. it was the one where the knight was running for five minutes at the castle.

1/10

there is a reason they are called "Americlaps"
>be me not someone else
>HAVE TO go into Starcucks because my co-worker only drinks meme coffee
>faggot stands up and wipes the cum residue from his faggot face
>says in a faggot voice, excuse meee everyone, I need to make an announcement, I came out to my parents today
>people clap
>I'm just standing there like ugh, God, PLEASE kill me now.

The harry potter one was one of the worst nights in my life, got drug out by a friend to celebrate something that I can't remember, waited in a stupidly long line to try some new dumpling place that was out of half their menu by the time we could get food then went to sit in line for hours to get seats for deathly hallows part 1 where autists dressed in cloaks would clap at the stupidest shit.
Star Wars wasn't midnight but opening weekend for attack of the clones with my family, again autists in cloaks clapping, especially when yoda started fighting.

saw ROTK on opening night in LA
when Sam shows up to save Frodo from Shelob there was a larger cheer than I hear for most live performances

>got roped into seeing a Lion King 3D re-release on the theatre a few years ago
>"sure why not, haven't seen it since I was a kid"
>people literally repeating every single line of dialogue as it was being said, as well as singing

Yes, when I went to see Godzilla 2014 everyone clapped when Goji BTFO the Fem-MUTO

It was fun desu

>I'm just standing there like ugh, God, PLEASE kill me now.
Was it you who came out?

I went to watch Warcraft with my brother and at the end I clapped ironically

dude they clap DURING the movie when the hero does something cool.

I'm not American and it happens in my country in some movies, I'd 100% sure it happens in the USA

i clap your mom's ass

>He says 'mom' and not 'mum'
get out

Sometimes it's fun to start a standing ovation at totally average theatrical performances, because then everyone else stands up and claps too so they aren't rude.

Also, people also clap if you're going on vacation for some reason. I was on a flight to Cuba and the attendant was like: This plane is destined for Cuba. Then everyone clapped. I didn't get it so, I started clapping at random announcements like the passport briefing or whatever. I'm kind of a contrarian. :)

It depends on the audience and when. If it's opening day and its good then the audience will clap to show appreciation.

It's one bong thirty-five bings there Britfag.
You need to hit the smidley-dibbly and get in some tired noddling.

They clap at film festivals. What's wrong with showing appreciation for a good movie?

that's because americans haven't been able to travel directly to cuba for 50 years man
so it's kind of exciting for a lot of people

Seattle here. Never seen it, either. I have heard cheers and woos, though.

and afterwards they shoot up a school

i'm american & people clap whenever a plane lands

Nah they do it on every post 9/11 flight

Yay we didn't explode!

That is only if its really good

I'M DA FREAKIN' JOKAH, MOM

Yes. They do. It's weird.

>mfw I went to Secret Life of Pets when in town with my family and at the end more than half the theater fucking clapped

We deserve the title of clapistan.

i fly a few times a year and never seen that happen
but if people were clapping right after the attendant said "this plane is destined for Cuba," it was undoubtedly to celebrate the fact that a longstanding travel embargo was very recently lifted

>Do [Insert Countrymen Here] have different habits/traditions than mine.

Come on...

You're wrong.

Is this pic Pepekino?

I only comment on it because it seems to be getting worse.

10 years ago I'd go to a cinema and watch a movie and never hear one clap at the end of a film.

Now it's like customary. It's not fucking theater. There are no real actors up there.

Sometimes. its our culture, got a problem asshole?

i'm wrong about the travel embargo? or wrong about people being happy the embargo was lifted?

It should be. It's literally the only fucking pepe I post. Fuck the rest. It's perfect.

You sound like a Mooselime when you say that

Americans are lucky if the worst thing at a movie showing is rapid-fire applause.

what the hell is a mooslime

Why do people care so much whether othee folks want to clap or not?

>tfw all these freedoms
most people ITT don't even have theaters

Final Fantasy Enemy

He's probably referring to FUCKING LEAVES however I'm just guessing here.

when Gandalf threw that "meme me a meme" king over the ledge

GET OUT
E
T

O
U
T

One thing I don't get is when people clap or slap their knee when they laugh really hard. I'm not a very emotive person, and never laugh very hard, so I don't know what it's like, but is your body really compelled to clap when you see something really funny?

I don't really care. It's just kind of weird. I only applaud at live gatherings with people on a stage. It shows praise toward people/a person.

Clapping at a screen is weird.

There was thunderous applause in a packed theatre at the conclusion of Saving Private Ryan. Only time I've seen it.

Once in a while 3 or 4 assholes will clap meekly after a show but when no one joins in they stop pretty quick.

Now this is autism. Showing humor in a close environment is simple engagement. Even if you don't find it THAT funny you show something unless nobody likes that guy. Then you ignore them and talk about them afterward.

A lot of us do. It's fucking embarrassing. Went to go see Ghostbusters, Suicide Squad and Star Trek recently and people clapped for all three.

Oh, and when Cooper takes out the sandnog (mooslime?) sniper in AS a bunch of people went batshit clapping and cheering.

It has to be something special to cause it

I started clapping during awkward parts of movies like in the Eric Andre Show

youtube.com/watch?v=jSJQEl5vcAo

usually opening weekend for highly anticipated movies and always by faggots

/thread

The only movie I ever clapped at the end of and so did nearly everyone else in the theater was Team America: World Police. I still consider that movie one of the greats in comedy.