Character start drinking first thing in the morning

>character start drinking first thing in the morning
>isn't completely shitfaced by mid day

I've never drunk any alcohol.

Should I? Will it stop the loneliness?

for a bit
then it worsens

you've never been around a real alcoholic. they can drink all day without being shitfaced, if they space it out.

How does Don in Mad Men even live as long he does? How is his liver not completely destroyed?

why don't you figure it out.

it's called pacing your self and being a functional alcoholic, faggot

Men in the 50's were tougher, they're going for historical accuracy.

It will end with you shitting yourself infront of strangers that's doing their best to get away from you.

My dad was an alcoholic who polished off at least a half gallon of whiskey every single week, yet never missed a day of work.

It's called being a "functional alcoholic".

Of course when he retired, ALL he did was sit on his ass and watch game shows and pound the Canadian Club from dawn to dusk (and smoke 2-3 packs of cigarettes) and was dead three years later at 65…

Spotted the American

>men were tougher back then

Nope.

Pete was a numale faggot

When you're living like this, are you even getting drunk anymore? Does your tolerance go through the roof?

It doesn't stop it.

It just helps you forget about it for a little while.

most kids on here don't have any life experience out of that one weekend party they went back in middle school. plus some of us don't appear drunk even when we are. not a functioning alcoholic b/c i rarely drink these days, but when i used to friends would marvel at my ability to not appear so. i would be shitfaced and they'd only know when/if i spewed. having said that, day long or weekend long benders are the worst. you wake up dehydrated as fuck the next sober day and feeling like death incarnate.

No it spikes then lowers.

not that user, but, yeah, it does. your tolerance raises and you have to drink more to feel the mirth you used to out of a few drinks. best thing you can do to avoid that is not drink for a couple of months, then return to it. or so simply not drink that much.

>It will end with you shitting yourself infront of strangers that's doing their best to get away from you.

Or in front of people you know. I shit all over some guy's bathroom who was friends through friends of mine.

Had to completely drop off the face off the Earth from that group of friends out of embarrassment. Have seen them once in the last 8 years when I bumped into two of them randomly on a night out with other people.

They got my new number and tried to re-organize another catch up but I kept making excuses why I couldn't come and eventually they just stopped trying. Just can't face them again.

>doesn't know what an alcoholic is

hahaha good one kiddo

I drink a bottle of Turkey or Samedi almost every night and I just get pleasantly buzzed until I black out. Getting drunk before passing out now requires significant effort.

how large a bottle, mate? a pint? a half-pint? any more a night is going to lead to serious liver problems in your near future. get help, mate.

>When you're living like this, are you even getting drunk anymore?

When my dad was still working, (and he never drank at work) I think it was a case of maintaining his addiction, so he'd just be "buzzed" by the time he went to bed.

But after he retired, he'd get shit faced ever single day (and continually try to get me or my mom into an argument with him...)

A full bottle. 700ml.

I know. I need to stop.

>tfw drinking like 3-4 beers a day
>tfw scared my liver might give up in a year or so if i keep this shit up
>dont want to quit either

1/10

yeah, it's similar with my dad. also with a few friends i've had over the years. some do the same with pot. all they want is to sustain a buzz throughout the day and they're adept and it, sneaking a drink or puff every so often with no one the wiser. they say you can't truly addicted to marijuana in a physiological sense, and that may be true, but you can definitely be addicted to that daily buzz.

I'm 23 and in university, so far this shit hasn't fucked with my school work too bad, and it even helps for group projects but I kind of am worried about the health consequences of it

dude. yeah. if true, you may need help with stepping off, too, b/c drinking that much you'll experience some hellacious withdrawal symptoms when you do quit. good luck with that. and don't fucking drive.

How bad is it for my health if I drank six pints of beer in about an hour one time? It was just a one time thing. I don't even drink anymore. But damn that was a lot and I was kind of worried.

maybe that's enough.

don't do it

You'll be fuckin fine jesus you pussy

Fuck off

woah there G.G Allin. you've got a death wish

The hell? why are you reacting like this? i was just asking question

i used to drink 3 pints a night back in my uni days. no real lasting effects if you get it under control. the liver repairs itself unless you have a weak ass one. i can't attest to how many brain cells went bampf, but i seem to be doing fine for a bloke posting on Sup Forums, which may be an illness onto itself.

you drank six beers one time. you'll be fine. i've friends who have drank gallons in one night. um, most of them are fine.

Nah. I can go a few days without drinking with experiencing any of the traditional symptoms. I'm a very high functioning alcoholic and actually show know signs of significant damage. I'm worried that there's damage on the inside though. Need to quit before it becomes irreversible. Just can't say no though. No will power.

It doesn't help shit.

no need to be so rude

On the off chance you aren't just a troll and are just a massive pussy coming into an alcoholics thread with your no problems then you are stupid. 4 beers a night is nothing. Quitting should be simple. In fact, drink around that amount but just once to thrice a week and you'll actually receive health benefits.

Get over it man shit happens

RIP poor user

I just stopped drinking 750ml of vodka every day for about 6 months~, cold turkey with barely any withdrawals.

Only thing that sucked was the first 10-20 mins waking up hung over trying to sober up for work

>Having a babby liver
>Not knowing how to pace yourself

Fucking millennials don't know how to drink.

Don't.

Someone actually said that through the door when I wouldn't open it and there was giggles and muffled laughter after.

Despite being drunk as fuck I still remember that night clearly.

You can drink all day and be buzzed and fuzzy, just pace yourself.

I see no need to just get blind drunk. It makes me feel like shit/

man i've thrown up inside cars and on people and pissed on couches. if they're reaching out to you it's all good, they just may break your balls about it every now and then

>'functioning' alcoholics

lightweight pussies

>character has hit rock bottom and is shitfaced
>major turn of events
>is immediately sober

Every time

i was a full blown alcoholic for about 4 years

basically i'd start drinking as soon as i woke up at about 9am, and need to get 5-6 in me to appear "normal." this is the state that everyone around me for that time believed to be sober me. before those drinks my hands would be shaking super bad and i'd be sweating and wanting to throw up and shit, slurring my words and stammering etc

so i'd basically get up to that level early in the day, have about 8 more throughout the course of work or whatever to keep myself going , and then have another 10 or so at night to get myself ACTUALLY drunk so I could sleep.

>is immediately sober

More often than not they skip ahead like six months and have an estranged friend asking them how they're doing.

Yeah your new friend will be liquor

I've had embarrassing moments like that.

So have my friends.

So has everyone.

They wouldn't be knocking at your door if they didn't still like you.

Also, that's called the bants. It's what dudes do, banter is what bonds males.

I've never been good with banter. Too narcissistic so I take things to heart and dwell on comments and if I try I give it back sometimes I cross the line without realizing it.

Just can't into it unfortunately.

yeah, i think it's clear you or your friends have other issues and not just the alcohol one. friends have your back no matter what. i've had one save my ass when i was choking on my own vomit when helldrunk after a night clubbing and sleeping face up. he said i was even laughing when he was trying to help, telling him to fuck off, and that's just a minor incident. still friends to this day.

>Too narcissistic so I take things to heart and dwell on comments and if I try I give it back sometimes I cross the line without realizing it.

m8 they're dudes not bitches, they don't give a fuck if they keep coming back, you're obviously doing something right

perfect your bants game and get back out there lad

have a few pints and talk about your 'shitty' nights you fuckin animal lmao

dude, this () is your future if you don't get your shit together. if you find it hard to give it up, like most people do, either confide in a friend about your alcohol issues and get through them together, or go to meetings, mate.

sorry for using you as an example, buddy. are you completely sober these days? like 100%

how do you drink during work?

quit cold turkey without any help? i did the same but i do drink every now and then. maybe once or twice a month tops, and sometimes i go months without. it's all willpower. some people have it, others don't know how to hone it.

depends on the job. i had a boss who bought two cases of beer every friday for the creative staff and every other wednesdays were wine days.

it's chill, i use myself as an example all the time for this stuff. nobody should go through what i did. part that sucks is for some people it's not enough, i have people who knew me in that time and during the aftermath where i was in the hospital for a long ass time very close to death, and that can't deter them against their addiction

anyway yea sober 3 years 4 months x days. less for opiates though.

get a job where nobody cares, stash shit in your locker, down half a shooter during your smoke break

i used to drink bourbon with coffee in the morning and could easily make it through the day like that.

it made life so much better

good for you, mate. i've always been somewhat afraid of pills, though. whiskey and blow were my demons. recently two acquaintances died in the span of a week due to opiate abuse and that basically ensures i'll never touch an opiate in this life or the next.

Jesus that sounds terrible. What was your drink of choice? And what was quiting like for you?

>at least a half gallon of whiskey every single week, yet never missed a day of work
You do know that actual alcoholics can polish off a half gallon of liquor EVERY DAY and still make it into work on time, right?

>You do know that actual alcoholics can polish off a half gallon of liquor EVERY DAY and still make it into work on time, right?
Don't be that one guy that has to turn liquor threads turn into pissing contests. That's Sup Forumstier.

As a former and current alcoholic, I love these drinking habits/stories threads. Last night I drank two tall boy of steel reserve, then walked to the start at 1am to grab another one. 211 is usually my go to when money is tight. I usually prefer bourbon.

Had a tooth pulled today(my bad teeth probably has something to do with my drinking) so no booze for me for a few days. It's probably a needed break anyway. At least they gave me some Vicodin.

to keep this Sup Forums related, my favorite drinking movies are Leaving Las Vegas and Smashed.

yeah opiates were awful. fortunately i was able to actually quit them of my own volition and not because i was literally about to die

for the most of it drink of choice was hamms or genesee or whatever the cheapest 6 pack tallboy i could get was, plus assorted cheap vodka/whiskey shooters for work. when i was especially broke i would find some steel reserve type stuff (the kind i had most often was dog bite) and when i was more flush i would get a bottle of whiskey (favorite cheapish one was always bulleit bourbon)

quitting: i didn't really quit, i started to get progressively worse cases of pancreatitis which i ignored for about a year until my kidneys started to periodically fail as well. eventually when i was reduced to rolling on the floor of my apartment screaming i went to the hospital where i stayed for about 2 months while they dried me out and made sure i wouldn't die of either dt or infected cysts that had grown in my abdominal cavity from all the fluid my pancreas for spitting out

so it sucked but after i got out i was just kinda like "welp guess i don't drink anymore, that kinda rules"

Guys I had a sip of pink moscato yesterday, and today I want more. Am I an alcoholic? I'm seriously worried

damn, you know you got it bad when you drink Steel Reserve, Natty Ice, or Cisco. don't those have corn syrup in them and shit? ouch. yeah, bourbon and scotch were mine.

i also think Leaving Las Vegas is the best film depiction of alcoholism.

Cisco and other similar bum wines usually have ton of sweeteners in it.

Natty is college bro tier.

Steel reserve is hobo tier. But hey, at least can buy one with pocket change.

moscato is a gateway drug that leads to appreciation of fine Italian films. you're living dangerously, amigo.

How did no one ever smell the booze on you at work?

anyways, i'm out. best thread on Sup Forums in a long while. keep on keeping on, fellow degenerates.

they probably did. i know my manager did because he talked to me about it exactly once, close to when i first started. i asked him why he didn't fire me a few years ago and he just said it was because he "wanted me to keep shredding it"

Job?

warehouse

no, but bars will

random question, but what did he do for work?

It never caught up with him, work-wise?

>main character has a girlfriend

>tfw trying to decide if you can get away with a coke and jack in the afternoon on friday in the office

will coworkers smell the whiskey?

>got in trouble for this because someone tattled

feels badman

Dental syringe in pooper. jk Do NOT do this guys.

>period drama set during times were proper dietary requirements were severely lacking
>protag and characters are ripped lmao12pl8 deadlift chads

>you wake up dehydrated as fuck the next sober day and feeling like death incarnate.

Those are the days you wake up and crawl into the bathroom and gulp shower water like a mad dog.

Always can claim it as from the previous night. Unless they actually test you. Which is expensive and rarely done. Most companies won't fire you. Still word will get around and eventually it will cause trouble if it is habitual.

if you like that job, I wouldn't advise it

this, i drink all day but i dont even like being drunk and avoid drinking 2 much at once

Lemmy Kilmister supposedly was downing at least a bottle of jack a day for a out 38 years and he made it to 70. I'm sure its exagerrated a bit, but I'd believe its not far from the truth. Some people are just born with god livers

Speaking of hangover talk, this is a new one for me, just recently, like in the last year, whenever I drink enough to get hungover real bad, towards the end of it when I can finally get some sleep I get this super intense feeling of loneliness. And it's weird because since I'm married, I'm usually in bed with my wife by this point. Been married for 4 years now and drinking for at least 10, and just thought it was a weird new development.

>based pete
>nu male

kys

And so yet another random Sup Forums thread becomes a forum for alcoholics and our problems.

You're getting up there in age and even if you are happy or content with your wife. You feel loneliness because you are either not in a fulfilling relationship or have some mixed feelings about your friends/family/place in life.

Some man companionship can help this or pop out a few kids.

Who /cocaine/ here?

I also used to smoke weed to the point where it could probably be considered an emotional addiction or something. I got so dependent that I had to smoke all day to feel normal
>Wake up, smoke bowl in bathroom while brushing teeth and showering .5g
>Morning 1 gram bong pack with my roommate at breakfast 1.5
>Smoke .5g bowl on the way to college 2
>Get to school smoke another bowl 2.5
>Get out of class and go to car for another, maybe two depending on how much time I had 3.5
>Another class ends so another bowl 4
>After final class smoke while driving home 4.5
>Get home and smoke 2 or 3 grams to myself before work 7.5
>Get to work and maybe smoke with my coworkers 8
>Go smoke in my car at work twice per shift 9
>Finish work smoke another bowl on the way home 9.5
>Usually pick up one of my friends and smoke 5 or 6g between us. 12

I smoked at least $1000 dollars worth of weed a month for almost a full year

Fuck I meant $3000

ive been working in beer for about 4 years now. I'm 25. I used to have one or two six packs a day. It made my hair fall out, my skin bad, made me tired and grouchy made me lose my gf of 4 years it really can spiral out of control if you let it.

i still work in beer but no longer drink anywhere near that much even though i still do get drunk often. I drink every other day now but not to the point of blackout. key is to balance with healthy diet and exercise.

yeah, you need to eat.
that's one thing I sometimes forget to do when I'm drunk/high and it makes things way worse

>Some man companionship can help this
Ha, that sounds funny but I know what you mean. It is probably that, aside from one work friend and one close friend I only ever see about twice a year, this place is where I go to shoot the shit. Not to say that some of you chucklefucks aren't alright.

Cocaine fr me is 20min of fun, then 2 hours of anxiety. I'd rather take some adderal if I want that kind of an upper.

I consider myself a big pothead, but damn dude. Usually 3 or 4 grams lasts me like a week. And I smoke in the morning, before work. and at night.

coke is great but its cut with so much trash these days its hard to get good stuff. im in LA and the "good" less cut stuff is like 3x more than what im willing to spend for a gram. its more like a once every four months thing. if i was rich though id probably be a huge cokehead.

It's not expensive, you just need a breathalyzer. If you blow hot, I'm sure they won't give a shit when you actually drank.