"BvS is kino" meme aside, redpill me on BvS. I'm very late on watching it...

"BvS is kino" meme aside, redpill me on BvS. I'm very late on watching it, and I'm just gonna go get the Ultimate Edition anyways.
One question.

How is Ben as Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's good as batman
BvS is kino is a braindead meme forced by two film school students.

Ben is good.
I've only seen the ultimate edition and it was okay. I hear the extended runtime fixed some plot confusion hat was in the theatrical release.

Good movie, better than suicide squad but not as good as man of steel imo. Would have preferred a direct sequel to mos instead of bvs, oh well!

As for batfleck, he was good. Definitely the most violent portrayal of batman on screen. But its for a reason.

Its overly stupid and pretentious, Ben is the only good part of the movie and by far the best Batman.

love it or hate it, both sides agree that he was the best if not one of the best parts of the movie.

unironically the most interesting capeshit film ever made. other than maybe unbreakable or watchmen.

Good Batman

Shit Bruce Wayne. He just looks like Ben Wayne or Bruce Afleck...

Don't buy into the kino crap, it's just a meme to piss off nu males.

Batfleck is possibly the best live action batman and bvs is without question one of the best capeshit released in recent times (imo)

>Would have preferred a direct sequel to mos instead of bvs
MoS sequel is finally on its way, Superbro.

He's fucking awesome.

I am so happy about this.

Batfleck was one of the few universally agreed high points of the movie.

As for the Ultimate Edition vs Theatrical, the main differences are mostly in the first half of the movie with more development for Clark and Lois, and a clearer motivation for Lex, specifically how he manipulates Batman and Superman into fighting each other. If you're looking for more action, then you'll be disappointed.

Though you really have to respect Synder for trying save capeshit, BvS is a mess of a movie. Im sure theres plenty of blame to go around on that front. Ben was very good though, probably the best part. His solos movies will be something to look forward to, especially if he has artistic control and WB keeps their hands.

If you care about dialogue you can't like these movies. They all remind me of suckerpunch and transformers 2.

The main difference between theatrical and extended is that one treats you like an invalid and spoonfeeds you the story and the other expects you to use you brain to make the connections

>BvS is a mess of a movie.

I keep hearing this and I still can't see why people come to this conclusion

I liked Transformers 2...

The extended edition also re-arranges a lot of scenes and the pacing is much smoother.

Ben and Alfred were pretty much the only good things about the movie.
The rest was boring as hell and very pretentious. And Jesse really killed Lex for me.

Ben is really good. The script fucked him tho. He did what could with what was given to him.

They did make him a killer, don't know why. Batman is supposed to be the Punisher. But he does do detective stuff and you buy that he is this genius, scary looking guy, something I didn't buy at all with Bale.

Looking foward for him directing the solo movie.

He's a much better physical match to Bruce Wayne than any other actor that has taken on the role. Since we're never going to get John Hamm as Batman, he's probably the closest we'll ever get too

It's extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

Just watched it, I don't understand either.
I don't see how it's worse than avengers age of ultron or other shit cape movie

It's not a great movie by any means, but it's not that bad.

He's a GREAT Bruce Wayne, but as a Batman, he's kinda meh, but that's more the fault of a somewhat awkwardly designed mask and some poorly directed action in a number of scenes.

I know the golden rule is "show, don't tell" but BvS does neither.

Binyamin al-Fleqqi is the best part of the movie, hands down. Maybe the best movie Batman so far.

Too bad he debuted in this festering pile of (((Snyder))) shit

The kino meme is completely unironic

Its a fascinating thematic tale harkening back to legends and epics of old

Nice pasta, care to supply your own thoughts?

No offense but you probably just have undeveloped taste and don't appreciate the qualities that BvS lacks. It stands up -ok- to other blockbusters.

It's actually just unironic shilling for a horrible piece of shit movie.

Ben is great. Jesse makes up for it by being unbearable.

The movie is great turn-your-brain-off schlock. It being dark and stupid doesn't detract from the nice sound and pretty colors. Just don't pay attention to anything the characters say, or why they do whatever they do. Watch it while you're drunk or high to make it easier on yourself.

I must be one of the few people who liked Jesse Eisenberg's take on Lex. He even explains why he's like that (overcompensating for his childhood abuse).

>How is Ben as Batman?

one dimensional...
always mopey, sad, and angsty

not 'the world's greatest detective'... just some juiced up teenager in a batman costume that is too stupid to realize what's going on around him...

he's dumb enough to change his 'life mission' (killing superman) at a last second impulsive and irrelevant whim (superman coincidentally muttering his mother's name)...

imagine a teenager starting to cry for no reason, and there you have it.

How rude

I like that people are pointing this out. I also thought he was really good, was afraid that he would get lost in the pile of shit.

Why he kills people I have no idea. This has Snyder written all over it. Then again, he's the guy who thought it would be a good idea to have Bruce Wayne tortured and butt-fucked in prison.

I have nothing but a complete lack of surprise that Batman v Superman was a pathetic, abysmal failure of a film, and I have nothing but scorn and contemptuous laughter for the morons who have been supporting Warner Bros for years. Laziness and lack of organisation will ALWAYS shine through, in the end.

Warner's DC studio have based their entire schtick around "dark and realistic" with Nolan's Batman but this time, when they themselves were put to the test without the help of Nolan ("can YOU make a good film, with all your supposed knowledge about it?") their true colors shone through for all to see. I knew it would happen, of course. I knew it from the first time I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and attempt to view Man of Steel.

Hopefully as a direct result of this, one or more of the members of Warner Bros executives will realise that they are, and have been, nothing but an abhorrent failure "half-assing it" through this cinematic universe, and put an end to it. Their life, that is. Now THAT I would buy tickets to.
Make your suicides happen, Warner Bros Executives. It's the only chance at redemption you all have.

BvS is a piece of shit but Batfleck was good

Unfortunately this only applies to the theatrical cut

Not everyone noticed this, but the ultimate cut completely killed the kino meme.

The lack of ambiguity and released tension unraveled the thematic weight and tightness of the film and turned it more into a character piece

Nah. I thought eisenjew was great as lex too

>Le childhood made me evil and weird meme

Please no. This is the most simplistic, overdone motivation for any character in fiction - villain or hero. Tell us something more happened to them to make them what they are; tell us they were just always like that. Just please fucking stop with the "muh childhood" bullshit.

Saw it too a few days ago. In general I think the movie was Okay. Not mind-blowing, not awful, just okay. I think the backlash was because of the high expectations people had on it.

He was a good Batman, but a shit Bruce Wayne. He did the best he could do with that shit script they wrote for him. I can also say the same about Cavill.

can you link me to the video of this guy? i need to hear "IM THE JOKER BAYBEE"

>Why he kills people I have no idea
Decades spent of fighting crime in Gotham amounting to nothing, with the final straw being Robin's murder. It's not hard to understand.

Kek and I thought BvS fags were meant to be pretentious

Cavill has 42 lines of dialogue in the entire film. That if you don't count his scream at the end.

Welcome to Sup Forums, you must new here.

If you like Ben Affleck you'll like him.

youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM

>i need to hear "IM THE JOKER BAYBEE"

hmmmmmm
>not listening to hear shaaaAAAARRRKs

>watching good movies is fedora

>youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
thanks based user

>applying personal standards
>insisting it's the gold standard

He thinks he's doing good though. It's easy to see why he would think Superman's a threat after the events of MoS. His childhood abuse (and ego) only feeds into that.

As for the Doomsday plot, I think it's heavily implied (in the Ultimate Cut) that Steppenwolf was behind that.

If you have high taste, you don't watch blockbusters unless you just want some cheap flick

It's a far right, Christian, conservative masterpiece about how man is in control of its own destiny

What it's telling is an entirely different thing tha what it's showing you. Someday the people who so confidently claim this isn't an amazing piece of filmmaking are going to wake up to the truth of it.

The backpedaling will be glorious.

I thought he played the coy older Bruce pretty well in the one scene where he wasn't playing Batman

>I don't see how it's worse than avengers age of ultron or other shit cape movie
This. I don't for a second consider it high art but it was undeniably more enjoyable to watch than Age of Ultron.

It isn't though
It's a bloated toy catalogue

All the Ultimate Cut did was confirm what people had already been saying about the themes and subtexts of the film.

Age of Ultron is not that hard to beat considering it was a copy and paste job of the first movie.

But Age of Ultron got good reviews and 75% on RT
BvS is trashed and got 26%

As did I.

....Disagree

I could explain that, but you'd only call me crazy. You wouldn't be able to refute it, but you'd still dismiss it all as more "coincidence."

>first
It's funny how normies hailed it as a masterpiece on its release but are now saying how mediocre it really is.

I look forward to the day when the opposite happens for bvs

>all art is completely subjective in its merit
>harry potter = crime and punishment
>modern art = raphael
>BvS = the godfather

The new ghostbusters got a 73%, what's your point?

Why do people write "reddit-style" on 4chins?

>Ultron praised
Not even once.
This movie sucks donkey dicks too.

Jesus christ...

It was praised user, anyone who pointed out it's flaws were shouted down but now they accept that it was a shit film

It was feeding off the goodwill and hype of the first Avengers (much like Iron Man 3). On its own, it's not a good movie.

>Cavill has 42 lines of dialogue in the entire film
Only in the theatrical version. The ultimate cut gives him much more scenes and an actual arc.

Well thank fuck I missed that hype train. Only entertaining part was the hulkbuster fight

>it's an user pretends to be a film critic with specifically chosen buzzwords episode

>I didn't get it, but I'm stiIl going to talk shit about it like I do.

here I' ll spoonfeed you in an easy to get way for you simpleton. It was easy to see why, if you understood bruce's motivations. he saw himself as someone on a heroic mission to save the world by taking out superman, but once he saw that doing so wouldn't make him a hero, but instead a viIlain he decided to not go through with it.

The contrast makes it easy to see why, but you wouldn't be able to see it cause you're so dum byou can't even understand basic character motivations.

>Baldly acted.

I wish they had waited to do BvS at least until Batman had been established. That shit would be solid without Lex forcing them to fight. Superman already didn't like how brutal Batman was to the criminals of Gotham City, that conflict was already set up and we didn't need little laddy Lex to instigate anything else.

That being said I like BvS, the plot is scatterbrained but still salvagable. Like I said before Lex Luthor is in the movie for no real purpose but it seems like his character is trying to get out his pappa's shadow, and what better way than to kill Superman? All of Batman's scenes are great, especially the dream and the warehouse scenes where Batman rescues Martha Kent. Superman is doing the same shit he did in Man of Steel, that is flying around saving puppy dogs with a somber attitude like he could be doing something more worthwhile.

Essential mankino 2016. Only nu-males and feminists hate it as it threatens their fragile sensibilities and world view.

Show me some BvS merch pham

>modern art = Raphael
It's all starting to make sense...

Movie was garbage but Batfleck and Leto Joker are the most comic-accurate interpretations of their characters. Mind you, I loved TDK series, but will I expect Afleck+Leto movie will be top tier. Considering Warner bro's last 3 movies, they can't afford to fuck up a 4th time

Google it
There was even cereal

>they can't afford to fuck up a 4th time
Tell that to Transformers.

59%*

>implying this film was deep enough to require anything to "get"
> implying this is anything more than some garbage a highschooler came up with in film101
that's right, bruce suddenly realized (despite fucking everyone telling him superman wasn't the problem) he would be the villan when he has a dagger to superman's heart...

not during the 10x conversations with alfred
not after seeing superman literally save a town
not after the counltess other bullshit that happened in the film

but that's right, go ahead and read more into the flick than what was there, you pleb

btw, i'm sure you can justify superman fighting w/ batman
superman: hey batman, we shouldn't fight, there's important reasons behind it
batman: no, i'm going to fight you
superman: okay, let's fight

Notice that the overwhelming majority of lines that get added are all for Clark, not Clark as Superman. Some people will cite the reason for that as Snyder thinking having them talk in-costume is stupid, but I think he's got deeper(and far, far cooler) reasons for it.

>I hear the extended runtime fixed some plot confusion hat was in the theatrical release.

Please tell me its 'Our moms' names are both Martha.'

It's actually much better than most other shitty blockbuster.

>oh well!

go back to rebbit

>Please tell me its 'Our moms' names are both Martha.'

yeah, there's a new scene in the extended edition

batman's mom tells him as a boy, as she's lying in her pool of blood, that 'i'll always be with you, even when i'm dead... if you hear my name ever uttered, especially by some space alien from the future, then please know i'm watching you from the heavens and you need to second-guess your actions and motivations... it means that some nefarious super-villain, probably the owner of facebook or someone similar, is trying to bamboozle you to make a great mistake..... i... loo...vee.. you.... son."

One of the major themes in Dawn of Justice was about post 9/11 American Delusion, our worship of power as a false idol, the power of fear in shaping the 21st century American mind, and the complicit nature of the mainstream media in feeding into this paranoid society (there are still cucks out there who fall for the "liberal media" and "conservative media" memes...it's all the same shit)

It explores this through the deconstruction of major American pop culture icons, by examining their existence in this aforementioned cynical society and how the two of them represents a particular element of this post 21st century American farce.

There is also the metanarrative within the film running analog to real world reception and criticism of both Man of Steel AND this film itself and how this fits within the in universe reception to the Man of Steel himself. The film is amazingly self aware in it's own way.

These are ideas, themes and concepts that literally ooze from every pore of this film, and the Extended Cut further serves to clarify all of this thanks to the now much better told narrative, with easier to grasp character motivations and arcs.

Make no mistake, few if any other capefilms belong in the same discussion as Dawn of Justice, as BvS seeks to legitimize myth within reality, providing a uniquely hyper real product unlike anything else. Nolan's films sought to neutralize myth in favor of reality, while Marvel seeks to stifle both myth AND reality within a cartoonish fantasy.

>extended edition

Lex is still garbage.
The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.
The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.
Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

Generally speaking the whole approach is flawed.
In MCU most, if not all, superheroes were previously established by the time Avengers rolled out. Even the primary villain in the movie, Loki, was previously established.

In BvS Superman had a previous movie where he was a reluctant autist and it was a first showing for Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex and all the other cameos.
And considering how uncharismatic Superman is the whole thing ends up just being weird.
It's like they're trying to do a serious movie but the elements just don't add up.
Also an additional problem is that Snyder is still in his Watchmen mode of directing where the only mood anyone has is "depressed".
The yet another DBZ final segment with the entire landscape being reduced to rubble is yet another poor choice

Oh yes, let's not forget that in his first DCU showing Batman is already in his DKR mode, Superman in his second movie is already in his Death of Superman mode and the JLA doesn't even exist.
The entire thing is just poor choices stacked into an unsound whole.

Wow this is another level of s tupidity.

How does describing something as easy and basic imply deep to you? The only implication here is you're a tard for not getting something simple.

conversations with alfred only serve to portray the lengths of Bruce's rationalizations and how far into it his own head he was.

superman fought batman cause he was in a rush to save his mom... did you even watch the film fukktard?

It does.

ben afflek is overrated as fuck.

Plot lines are all over the place. They just don't sync well, and that's a huge mistake from the editing and directing department.
The plot twist on the story are just stupid, and batman is so out of character (not considering that perhaps the whole scenario might be hinting that someone is trying to frame superman it's just idiotic. He just fall into this scheme so easily that i'ts painful). Not to mention that he's convinced to withdraw in the most stupid way. And yes, I know Snyder had the intention to use this as a symbol of batman finding out that this monster he thought superman was wasn't actually a monster, but a REAL HUMAN BEAN JUST LIKE HIM. OOOHH, SUCH GOD-TIER KINO, EPIC DIRECTING AND A SPECTACULAR REVELATION. I don't think so.
The whole build-up is weak because there's a huge mess between his origin story, how that sync up with him becoming the batman and then how they try to make this connection between his story as a child and superman begging for his mom's life. But then you realize, why didn't he knew who superman was before the fight? Why didn't he INVESTIGATED? Because that would have destroyed the punchline, the stupid and character destroyer punchline. Since that huge plot hole the entire "MMMMRRTHAAAAA" moment is ruined because it makes no sense. He either knew he had a mom and didn't give a shit or he didn't knew, which makes it a pretty stupid detective if you ask me. And it's not like superdicks had his identity all that covered.
You see, the entire movie just take a massive stole on batman for the sole sake of making a "really human and touching" moment, but it fails when it comes to make any sort of sense. It feels like the entire movie was constructed around that point, that moment of true connection, but since the build-up is weak and poorly thought, the scene of catharsis, which it could be an excellent and memorable moment if well handled, becomes a big "meh". A huge "yeah, you really didn't know this entire time he had a mother?