Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_box_office_bombs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OY GEVAULT IT'S A COMPLETE HOLOCAUST

OY VEY IT'S NEVER ENOUGH, I NEED MORE SHEKELS TOO HOOVER UP MY BIG SCHNOZZLE

>new movies constantly breaking box office records
>CINEMA IS DYING

can someone seriously explain this?

>DVD industry killed by DVD distributor (2010)

That's cause Hollywood (the jews) are greedy, obviously.

Quality of hollywood films is on the decrease in favor of commercialization

Thank god for the more independent and foreign flicks, as well as the rare yet well-done anime

>I GOT PAID 20 MILLION INSTEAD OF 25 MILLION BECAUSE OF PEOPLE DOWNLOADING MY MOVIES AND THEIR PIRACY!

>I CAN'T AFFORD THE BIGGER JET, WAHHH

It's because aside from those few movies a year that make that much everything else does underwhelming numbers when compared to the production and marketing budget.

Bloated budgets have killed Hollywood film.

$10 is expensive for a movie ticket to you?
Who can't afford a measly $20 for some quality entertainment!
What kind of cheapskate isn't willing to drop a meager $30 for a cinematic experience!

steveo was righ

I really really fear what Hollywood will look like in the coming decades at this rate.

We're even seeing it happen in the video game industry too in the past years, what with COD shit. But it's not as bad as Hollywood, yet.

In 2018, over 40+ "tentpole" films are scheduled to be released over the course of 52 weeks. Each film will eat into the next's profits, and countless huge "sure thing" investments will turn sour when Marvel shit, Disney shit, Star Wars shit, Transformers shit, Adaptation shit all begins to cannibalize each other. The bigwigs will react thinking that big budget films are dead, not oversaturated, and will pull the whole plug. It's a pretty foregone conclusion that the already dead indie film industry will not be able to make up for the lack of big budget blockbusters.

The movie business is dead, we're just waiting for its final days.

>what is inflation?

>The movie business is dead, we're just waiting for its final days.

What comes next?

Low budget movies aren't making money though. Even films with Oscar noms aren't sure fire money makers. Everything is declining

The indie film market is completely over saturated as well. Hundreds of lower budgeted films come out every year, and with no DVD market to support them anymore it's just a matter of time until it collapses on itself. They get no theater space, and you can't fuel an industry on hopes Netflix or Amazon licenses your film for 8 months then never again.

Check YouTube and Netflix. That's where we go next.

Heres how to fix Hollywood

1 Studio
Limit to 300 films a year

C'mon user. We all know most of those come from popcorn and soda sales.

>theatre
>not theater

TV and Netflix is the future. Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, True Detective, Mr. Robot, The Walking Dead, Stranger Things, etc;

TV is the new business. Hell in some cases it already is.

>being an american

literally the jews

>making 1 billion

why goyim if it wasn't for torrents we would be making 2 billion.

Why not just make cheaper films ?

Deadpool cost 50 million and it didn't look any worse than most other flicks

>Check YouTube and Netflix

No thanks.

I get that but surely Netflix and the like create their own original movies to subscribers?

Films like Beasts of No Nation. That could less to make and put on Netflix then it did to stick it in a few cinemas for Oscar contention pre-requisites.

If just 2 million people decide to keep their subscription for the month for a film that costs $10 million or less then surely that's a win for their investment?

>not being American

Quirky flicks and aging actors are killing the indiestry

Eh, I used to love videogames, but that industry has gotten so bad that I literally gave up the entire hobby because of their practices (though, looking back, I'm very glad that I did). Say what you will about Hollywood, they don't release a third of a movie then charge you a subscription to see the remaining scenes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_box_office_bombs

Look at how many bombs there are post 2000. There are more and more of theme every year. It's going to keep getting worse.

They need to re-work their business strategy. I think budgets are just way too high.

Well for a time quirky flicks were saving it. The Royal Tenenbaums, Napoleon Dynamite, Little Miss Sunshine; just off the top of my head all were decent hits at the turn of the century when the indie market really exploded. A decade later we're still drowning in imitators

Same thing happened with documentaries. Michael Moore made bank doing angry political exposes, now 3 trillion propaganda docs are made a year on every subject imaginable. Before that Ken Burns success saw just as many imitators for historical and cultural docs, and A Thin Blue Line for true crime. These niche industries get a tiny taste of success and it's like sharks smelling blood.

Anime. It's way more diverse than the current movie industry.

When will movies start finally making $1 trillion?

When humanity populates the stars and the moviegoing audience exponentially increases. So never.

Diversity has no correlation with quality.

Anime is trash.

>Anime
>diverse
>literally all characters look the same, same archetypes, same cheesy lines

Weebs will never fail to amaze me with their stupidity.

>10 of the top 100 bombs were released in 2015
>2 in 2016
>28 before 2000
>72 after 2000

Jesus.

I can't get over how fucking BORING most tv anime is. The only time anime began to shine was during the age of OVAs and big budget films of the 80s to early 90's.

TV anime is dominated by cheap as hell late night garbage and school loli comedy #3243

I was an anime fag but then I grew out of it. It's all the same shit. Only weebs and mentally immature adults watch it.

This is exactly right. 80s/90s OVAs were the golden age of anime.

Now it's all cringe tier tropes and cliches for autistic weaboos.

"I already have 30 million dollars. But I N E E D fifty million!"

>movies are consistently making 1 billion at the box office
>consistently making 1 billion
What the hell are you smoking?

There have been over 2000 hollywood movie releases since 2012 and only 15 of them have made 1 billion.

That means only .75% of all movies made withint he last 4-5 years have made 1 billion.

How is that consistent?

Breaking box office records means nothing if the cost of producing and marketing movies goes up every year.