2001: A Space Odyssey

What does Sup Forums thinks about this movie?

I am sorry Dave

Pacing a bit too slow for me.

>Over-rated film
>Pacing slow as fuck
>Pretentious symbolism & shit
>Only decent part is the last part with HAL

I love it. Atmospheric as fuck. The moon scene is so incredible in the way that it keeps you on the edge of your seat over a big block. It actually manages to make you fear the monolith in a weird way.

Kys pleb

favourite movie of all time
apparently, that's a bad thing

It's Space "2 deep 4u" Kino

Wtf i hate you user

Pretentious trash that makes no sense and is obvious jewish propaganda with evolution and all that

It's a decent movie and at it's time is film with the most groundbreaking special fx (and still hold up pretty well). Overall nice mysterious atmosphere, and love the monolith symbolism, but maybe if you are a fan for fast-paced films this will make a prettu hard viewing.

>Only a few films are transcendent, and work upon our minds and imaginations like music or prayer or a vast belittling landscape…Alone among science-fiction movies, 2001 is not concerned with thrilling us, but with inspiring our awe.
– ROGER EBERT

>“Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey is some sort of great film, and an unforgettable endeavor. Technically and imaginatively, what he put into it is staggering.
– NEW YORKER

>Still the grandest of all science-fiction movies.
– ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

>Beloved for many different reasons, including its scrupulous scientific accuracy, its vast reach from “The Dawn of Man” to the next stage of human evolution, its unrivaled integration of musical and visual composition, its daring paucity of dialogue and washes of silence, its astonishingly creative psychedelic sequence and its still-gorgeous pre-digital special effects.
– SALON.COM

>A cold, majestic motion picture, a movie that seeks to remind us of the vastness of space and our relatively insignificant place in it.
– REELVIEWS

>You can watch 2001 as a visual journey with nary a thought for what’s under the surface or you can plunge into this vortex of interpretations. The great thing about 2001 is that either approach works fine. That’s why it endures.
– WASHINGTON POST

It's somewhat good, but it feels like a collection of separated stand alone clips with the last two acts as the one that actually qualifies as a 'story'.

I really want to like it but i guess maybe i just don't get it

Love it or hate it, it's a must watch for movie-buff

>Current year
>Still basing your opinion on reviews

This

Somewhat agree

Some of us prefer to be more effective and get the best films without wasting time & money

Cool visual, weak to average narrative

It's a space kino m8. It inspires most modern space/sci-fi films of these days

One of my favorite old films, it's really comfy to watch and i actually appreciate it's slow pacing, better than most 'laser-beaming-so-cool-lmao' space films these days

I don't trust reviewers these days. Better sparing two or three hours to make your own opinion than let it be shaped by someone else.

Hating mainstream and other acclaimed works is a cool kid thing as always

>I only trust them when they allign with my opinion

Book is much better. :^)

In all honesty, I read the book, understood it very well, then I watched the movie and thought it was a bit uneventful with its pacing. I generally felt bored throughout it. The "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave" is still one of the best movie scenes of all time though.

>all these plebs who haven't read Nietzsche don't understand it

Second for me. Which always makes me think why the hell I come to this board, because aparently I am a pretentious pseudointellectual here just for liking it