If you could go back a day before 9/11 with the sole purpose of stopping or minimizing the effects of the attacks how...

If you could go back a day before 9/11 with the sole purpose of stopping or minimizing the effects of the attacks how would you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
youtube.com/watch?v=2sA9XoeSR3E
youtu.be/uWnkEUS6sNI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Call in a bomb threat to all sites.

Start a failed mass shooting at one of the airports before the terrorists/Bush's agents come, so they have to close it. Make sure to avoid actually killing any one and surrendering without becoming an hero. Airport gets closed, and that means at least one tower gets to survive.

This could work better tho.

Simply call in a bomb threat on the day it would have happened and have the building evacuated...

i wouldnt even if I could

short the share market
buy popcorn

You know, there are was you can do it without getting yourself thrown to prison

9/11 wsn't as bad as you guys think. Usa just overeacted as usually.

It's not as fun.

> stopping 9/11
> thinks that Al-Qaeda will give up and not launch an even deadlier attack in the mid-late noughties..

I wouldn't stop it OP. Because 9/11 happened, you and I will probably never die in another suicide hijacking (excluding by pilots which is remarkably rare) ever again.

Nah it over extended.

-livestream the fall of building 7 on youtube
-move to russia
-profit

niggers are gay

Yea youtube in 2001

>buy popcorn
No cracker jacks? You monster.

ebaumsworld maybe, other user must be too young for this cite

The only thing I would change is that I would make sure Seth McFarlane made his flight.

Are you Jack Bauer???

Spend the night at the top of the trade center, hand out notices not to go to work the next day on your way up.

I'd cause a power and gas blackout in NYC.

I can't get over how much "things changed" caused by all the fear overreactions. The national freak-out by politicians is indefensible. It's what started the so-called surveillance state that persists today, and the fucking TSA.

You think the big switch that controls the power and gas isn't heavily guarded?

Pre911 everything was different
Also nice trips

tell the police there are a bunch of bombs scattered and ready to bring the building down, and also alert them to how the WTC owner was conveniently making insurances against that kind of shit right before.

Make a phone call to the DOD/FBI/etc and tell them information about themselves a person could only know if they told them personally (having asked them in present day before going back)
>or reading a book written by them about gay shit
Convince them to screen everyone who gets on the planes that flew into the towers for the alleged suspects, and to ground the planes. Work out a staged scenario with local law enforcement that prevents anyone from getting within x blocks of the site, through either the federal government or the then-mayor of NYC, with blackmail, in case things don't go as planned, and the planes aren't grounded as a result
>and the hijackers turn out to be entirely different people than we though

If 9/11 did not happen, come out of the woodworks and sell my time-travel cuck story to a bunch of magazines and accept my fate as the most interesting person who will eventually be killed by conspiracy theorists with guns (because 9/11 not happening will make things super lax). Accept the consequences of "changing the timeline" with then-me already in it.

If 9/11 is still on route to happen (observe that planes were not grounded by at least calling a staff member or something and spooking them with information to get the information out of them), break news by creating a LJ about 9/11 and the events that follow. Become a legitimate, less-cooler John Titor, and deliberately fuck with the chain of events.

Either way, I'll fuck off for a day and enjoy/hate 2001 while I get to live it again.

nice dubs

That's a frighteningly interesting question. Would you short the market for personal gain, or warn the people about to die?

Use the media. Go to every major outlet and as many mid-small sized ones you could reach in time and give them all the details on the attackers, flight numbers etc. so you come off as too detailed to be dismissed and let mass hysteria take care of the whole thing. Either those flights would get shut down or cancelled due to the crazed passengers or they'd just beat the shit out of every brown/middle eastern person on the flight before take off.
Never discount the appeal of racist vigilantism.

Get on one of the planes, beat down the terrorists, land the plane, become an American hero, prevent Trumps election, become an American hero again, get my own museum, get my cock sucked every day til I'm dead at 85 years old

You don't understand. The Pennsylvania nuke was averted already and 9/11 was the result. The butterfly effect.

>media makes it explicitly clear that you are you and you gave them the information

>being found responsible for inciting mass hysteria and mentioning suspiciously accurate terrorism
>getting arrested and interrogated and put in Guantanamo

>being found responsible for inciting mass violence against x race and mentioning suspiciously accurate terrorism
>getting arrested and interrogated and put in Guantanamo

>giving incredibly accurate details to tabloid media/media and not explaining where that information came from
>having information include terrorist plot
>giving a detailed terrorist plot to someone from seemingly nowhere
>Guantanamo

>having 9/11 happen anyways
>mentioning exactly what happens
>Guantanamo

The best thing to do. Would be to call the nyc police from a payphone. Tell them bombs are planted in the twin towers. Get them evacuated. Don't stop the plains from going into the buildings. Because if you stop them. All fo the defenses we have in place now won't exist. And there will simply be another 9/11 style attack.

So, once you prevent 9/11, what's stopping you from giving people in positions of power the information pertaining to the defenses, and use the hijack suspects to underpin the yet-to-be-experienced-but-sincere-severity of the situation such that they'll put it into effect, if not blackmail?

daily reminder it was a CIA conspiracy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Nothing. I'm not fucking with the future when I don't know what the ramifications would be.

Interesting, tell us more

I'd call the Saudi royal family and tell them I know of a way they can become the most popular foreigners in US History. They would believe everything I'd tell them because how else could a regular American not in intelligence know of the bin Laden family

I would do nothing, no telling what the fuck might happen.

And risk not having the 9/11 memes? Nope, need memes

Portray the same thing in as an experience in a different way or the same way, if you don't learn from your mistakes in history even if they are devoid of logical meaning, the happening of the events are still caused by previous events that need to be learned from, no matter what it will hold back thinking of all humans if it did not happen or go back to the point in history that influenced the decision for 9/11 and alter that, so that the circumstance is already learned from.

By getting half naked and screaming vague warnings about it at people passing my spot on the sidewalk until it happens.
Then afterwards say my work here is done and vanish back to current time, nothing changed.

You from 2017 II:Electric Boogaloo would know, though.

Tell dem Jews there is free Money hidden in the Towers

If the September 11 events never happened, then the world wouldn't realize the threat that Islam represents.

It would slowly continue to spread and without a huge event like this to galvanize the world, it would eventually be overrun. Much more quickly than it currently is.

Make a free taco stand down the street and invite everyone

You see, all we have to do is PUSH THE TOWERS TO A SAFER SITE

I wouldn't. I set cameras all over both sites to try and catch the "inside job".

Human bullshit want torn between monetary, military and faith. Can't please all of them all the time because they are all equally correct based on how humans form want in the first place, just have to be happy that it did happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=2sA9XoeSR3E

fuck you.
Are you asking me to kill Raytheon staff, Mossad agents and Bush entourage?

short all my transportation stocks
invest in Defense stocks
tell my cousin David to call in sick that day

If I could go back a day before 9/11 I would'nt save anyone id but bets on and become a millionaire. Gotta think about myself first.

9/11 happened because murica needed new enemy after union collapsed.

Have groups of people with hidden camcorders at all the locations to document the incidents in high def, high speed.

Prove it was an inside job

Make a phone call to the right person to say: Allah send me as his prophet. Remember that he said: reply to this post or your mother will die on her sleep tonight.

9/11 AVOIDED, A REAL HERO, ETC

I would tell myself at least that it was going to happen, nobody else, but explain in a way that closes the loop so to speak, so that I could form better thoughts outside of it's consequences while still learning from them.

I would tell larry a silverstein that he doesn't need the insurance money, and not to plant the bombs inside.

it was insured and paid out for the 1996 attack....complete fallacy that silverstein insured it out of the blue.

rest in spaghetti

you got the story wrong, he cancelled his meeting in the tower not his flight

Your best option would be to go to one of the air ports where the hijackers get on the plane and sabotage the air plane or stab the hijackers with a restaurant knife or something. If you go in front of the towers to warn people, you will probably be viewed as "some crazy new yorker" and nobody will listen to you.

Invest in Apple and then call the Airlines and say, "I am going to bomb the plane and there is nothing you can do about it."

This guy thinks you're wrong....

youtu.be/uWnkEUS6sNI

assassinate bush

>Call in a bomb threat to all sites.
I thought the same thing

>>
the checks and balances are built in naturally to the estranged ecosystem set up by humanity, that is all 9/11 was, exact reasons are most likely the faith of one person or group of people was put to the edge of death, in whatever way possible, and through unknown reasons they had to create a reason to continue doing whatever they do, but it also balances out reason for false thinking by those who set up systems outside of faith to begin with. All ways of thinking are created equal no matter what they are, you can not judge a thought using another thought, or the whole of everything progresses towards nowhere or a singular purpose, rather than the purpose that we don't know, and one person can't prevent everything from happening. Even the purpose of gaining knowledge it's self is not equal to the purpose of primitiveness.

You see that any purpose exists for a reason and needed to happen because of the past and because we don't know somethings yet as a group of beings, we still learn, we still learn because of the ones who want to gain the knowledge, the ones who enjoy primitive emotional based thought in the simple experience of everything clash with the ones who have already been born into knowledge seeking. Because both ways of thought require emotional memories to sustain things that the mind cannot accept, events that continue to happen in everyday conflict can not always be solved rationally, because life is not the center of the universe, the universe is, we like to think we will always get our way, but we are flowing like water and water is chaos, and calm, we are water that has yet to come to rest, and spawned a mind of it's own. Because we have minds the water cannot simply come to rest, and wait for all of our ness to simply rest and die because we don't know. What if after you have ceased to exist your flow doesn't come to a rest with the rest of the flow of water and creates more chaos from your death, than the fact that it ended.

That's a terrible option. How are you going to get anywhere near all FOUR aircraft and identify all the hijackers in amongst all the crowds. Bomb threat to the towers and pentagon...wouldn't help with flight 92 or the passengera on the plane but it's minimised at least. Going to the police with all the specific info you have might not work as they all would have passed security checks and had nothing that was banned at the time. The box cutters were legal. They may get pulled from the flights but something else would likely happen later on without the attacks happening and the crackdown that resulted in.

If the goal is to stop/minimise sept 11 then I'd do reasonably well.
If being captured by the same paranoid system you're trying to help is a side effect, you'd have to be ready for that. We're looking at preventing large scale loss of life and the stupid hyper vigilant attitude that society has now.
There's no reason you'd have to physically go there in person, most news outlets have a mechanism for anonymous tips etc. If even a little of the info checked out, they'd be interested enough to start posting online-even back then there was a post now, apologize later policy.

>it's self

>you can not judge a thought using another thought
>or
>or
Fuck you, this means I can judge a thought using another thought so that exactly the whole of everything progresses towards a perceived singular purpose, and so I will, because this is then one of the checks and balances.

All you fags are so fucking normal fags. Its me, The Eye of Truth, I would travel back and start WW3 the day before 9/11. That way 9/11 doesn't happen. Its the most logical solution.

Wow, you're pretty hardcore, I know when I'm beat.