Just stole a desktop tower from work. Still in the box, hasn't been used or checked by management since 2015...

Just stole a desktop tower from work. Still in the box, hasn't been used or checked by management since 2015. I filled the box with electronics to make it look like it's a box for storage

How long till they find out? It's an office type computer for work use. No merchandise or anything

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x14rj9e_absolute-computrace-persistence-how-it-works_tech
pcpartpicker.com/list/ppNknn
energystar.gov/productfinder/product/certified-computers/details/2205440
amazon.com/Dell-OptiPlex-Desktop-Computer-i7-4790/dp/B00M789TBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm guessing never

if it's a big company, they probably won't.

Probably never.

I help run a small business [22 employees] and the general manager will forget about things in 2 months or so unless it's a special order or strange circumstances.

2015? You're good.

It's a large grocery company. They opened this store in 2015. I believe it's just an extra computer that wasn't used. There was a monitor too but I left it for now. I'll take it in like 2 months. I didn't want to make both things go missing at the same time

you won't be on cam?

Op here, it's just a basic business desktop running pentium. It saves me a chunk of money. I'm moving in 2 months to finish college so it's going to good use

I think so. I planned it out for a while. I've been slowly unpacking the box and moving it and filling it with other things while I do weekly clean up of the office space so I look more natural. I removed the tower and hid it for two weeks but the box is in the same place. Today I just took the tower along with the keyboard and mouse

Cameras are not watched by someone all day though, the footage is just stored

Sauce on image?

No clue, saved it from a post the other day

you're golden, then

I work in a very small company and we don't track anything, so as long as you don't steal something really important. You are good too

I haven't turned it on yet. It comes with a custom version of Windows for that business. I'm debating if linux or to get windows on it

Yeah, don't connect it to the internet, boot it, chuck a windows on it, and you'll be good to go.

Eventually, someone will do inventory and the IT people who did the initial install will look for it. Perhaps they will want to use it in the event that primary PC fails. Regardless, unless someone actually keeps tabs on where it is, you probably got away with it. If they ever do ask questions about it, act as if you didn't even know it was there. In reality, if you noticed it, someone else did too.

Seconded sauce?!

Wipe it. Inst Linux or your own windows license, but don't use their standard operating image.

Never let anyone else from work see that computer. Remove any stickers or identifying marks on it. I know one guy who got busted because he took his to a lab party, and some Pics showed up on Facebook with the asset stickers still visible.

Other than that? You're golden.

Don't run windows on it. Use Linux or put the processor in different mobo.

How come?

Nigger OP

Wait... you stole it from work.. so perhaps not

Less trails to follow.

there is no need to do this fam chill

What the fuck happened to Lela Star?

Linux is annoying though. I don't want to go through hurdles and struggles just to install some basic software that's not compatible

Valerie Kay

It's Valerie Kay

Speaking from a desktop tech from a large company, all of our computers have computrace on them and are notification if they are out of scope. I have recovered 2 computers that were stolen and both were charged with theft. None have gone missing since.

Too add computrace cannot be disabled, and it doesn't matter what OS you use on it. As soon as the computer gets online the BIOS can communicate directly to computrace. There is no way around it because it works on the hardware layer. What kind of computer is it OP?

All he has to do is switch the motherboard.
OP you are fucking retarded you should have just put credit down to get a computer. It is very likely the pc you stole is a piece of shit and you might lose your job for it. A grocery store pc from 2015 probably has some Intel celeron shit in it.

yea he could do that but.. that's fucking stupid and costs money niggers don't have money that's why he stole it in the 1st place.

dailymotion.com/video/x14rj9e_absolute-computrace-persistence-how-it-works_tech

>also the agent is cross platform it works with almost all OS's the only one we have issues with is opensus and even it works after some updates to the bios.

>There was a monitor too but I left it for now. I'll take it in like 2 months.
Dumbass. They'll never notice a monitor sitting there with no computer, will they?

OP you were better off spending like $500 on a budget computer and you likely have a very old computer in your hands. Like Windows XP, unsupported old.

See this rough list of something you could do and edit it as you wish:
pcpartpicker.com/list/ppNknn

It's this type of pc energystar.gov/productfinder/product/certified-computers/details/2205440

The "I2" specs

amazon.com/Dell-OptiPlex-Desktop-Computer-i7-4790/dp/B00M789TBY
That one?

As long as no cameras, you should be fine.

Few years back I worked for a major telecom company as middle management. I was in charge of signing for the receiving of new laptops. I managed to make 3 brand new Dells vanish as if they never came in. Made profit.

Probably never.

Things I've picked up from work and nobody noticed:

>a 46 inch Samsung TV
>2 HP laptops
>4 big canvas paintings
>countless boxes of any type of consumables ranging from chocolates to toilet paper

Not quite. I'm not near the computer at the moment to look at the dell sticker for the model

shouldnt steal, is not the right thing to do and you know it so return it and put your paranoia to bed

Check out this moralfag!

>beng so poor you have to steal a shitty office computer

/thread

If that happens to be the exact one, you should wipe the drive, get a new cheap motherboard that fits the form factor, reinstall windows, and put a cheap, small graphics card in it. Bam, low end gaming computer

>What the fuck happened to Lela Star?
That wasn't the question faggot.

Maybe you shouldn't use computers.

Well at least you ain't selling it like some nig trying to get some loud! Make it last op

Where do you work?

What the fuck happened to Lela Star?

Overclock that shit and play Solitaire HD

Just an international company. Really big, probably the biggest in what they do.

Expenditure is so high that stuff like that go unnoticed, and even in the unlikely event of someone noticing, there are just so many people that could be suspects. I'm just in the lucky position of being able to control who goes in and goes out (without that being part of my job of course), and being the only person that cares enough about what we have and what we don't have in the centre I work.

Footage gets wiped in cycles in most places and kept only when needed for shoplifting prosecutions etc...

Just buy a new mobo problem solved.