The land of lost content

Alfred - Bacon - Shelley - Shakespeare - Faraday - Locke - Wellington - Cook - Newton - Cromwell - Wolfe - Tudor - Pitt - Bruce - Powell - Queen Bess - Palmerston - Maxwell - Hobbes - Drake - Nelson - Walpole - Livingstone - Byron - Wilberforce - Moore - Brunel - Darwin - Blake - Wesley - Boudica - Fawkes - Watt - Shackelton - Whittle - Clive - Cranmer - Arthur

To name a few.

youtube.com/watch?v=9nbQPZ-k9_Y

How can you go about setting things right and take care of what they gave you?

What can you do to make them proud of you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oITCvoccHcE
youtube.com/watch?v=4wQdmobLBS8
youtube.com/watch?v=a_S6KfpqnXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PamzyvpeV6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=UVESt_27vnA
amazon.com/Lord-Palmerston-Jasper-Ridley/dp/1447244184
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Order).
youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Dat channel name

Kek

Mugabe has been dishing out good bantz for a while now,

youtube.com/watch?v=oITCvoccHcE

youtube.com/watch?v=4wQdmobLBS8

>Dat list

Not posting the best one.
>Feel bomb inc.
youtube.com/watch?v=a_S6KfpqnXQ

How come all the Brit threads are so hard on the feels?

bump for based OP

Thank you. A lof of the historic heroes of Britain would also be the heroes of the United States and the rest of Anglosphere.

Because Britain, unlike all other great nations have not had their ancient institutions destroyed or violently changed. The Britain that exists today is still the same country with the same institutions that produced all the incredible people on that list. But it is like the last days of Rome. It seems like Britain is just about to cross the rubicon and become a different 'modern' country. that cannot be restored. Gone forever like Rome.

That really is a very impressive list OP. It is something special to see them lined up like that.

I love Britain and the British. It seems very comfy and when the British ruled the world things were great for everyone .

It is comfy.

Orchard on the families farm.

Comfy as long as you're not in a shithole.

I could live in a proper pub.

What part of Britain is that?

Hampshire/Sussex.

Where are you?

Edinburgh
It is very beautiful and well worth a weekend visit if you have never been before.

I have never been. My sister told me it was nice there and a buddy of mine is a game keeper in the highlands.

I would quite like to do some hiking in Scotland. Seems like a great place for it.

See, London can be beautiful, if you stay in the old parts but it's almost too far gone.

Also, pic related. One of my favourite local pubs

I have a cousin that also works as a gamekeeper. If you are interested in Hiking then the Highlands and islands are truly a great place for that. If I had to recommend a holiday for you along those lines I would recommend you get a Sleeper to Glasgow and then another train in the morning up to Mallaig. It will only take an hour or two from Glasgow to Mallaig.

When you get to Mallaig i recommend you get fish and chips from a local. The town is known for its world class fresh fish and the local chippies know how to prepare it well. From Mallaig you can get a ferry over to the Isle of Skye.

The Isle of Skye is truly a magical place. I went up there when I was 16 with a group of School friends for a weekend holiday. It is extremely windy. But I can not imagine a more beautiful or wonderful place. it is very widely filmed so sadly some of the shock will be lost but still.

The moment you get off the Ferry you come across a little restaurant cottage that serves great and very hearty food and has traditional live Highland music.
youtube.com/watch?v=PamzyvpeV6Q .
The story behind that song is very good btw. The music's main theme is the clan culture and the bohemian roguish characters that dominated that world. Very entertaining and charming. Spend the night there enjoying the company the locals. That night there me and all my friends fell in love with our countries for the first time listening to the music and hearing all the tales that had been passed down the generations.

For the rest of trip just travel around and see the Island. It will surely move you.

That is an extremely beautiful photo you have. What state are the home counties in? What was the damage from all the building and expansion during the Blair years?

Yes my sister and her husband took the sleeper to Scotland. Said it was great.

I'll keep it all in mind. Thanks man, may be a holiday with male friends since my girlfriend finds anything north of London too cold.

It's okay here, however where I live is controlled by a nearby council and not our own. Due to this a lot of "muh benefits gibsmedats" housing has been built on a valuable and well respected area near me. They have ruined that area and crime has gone up, fat angry chav mothers slapping their kids has gone up etc.

It's got worse.

If you're desperate and need council housing that's understandable if you really need it... However old houses WITH A FUCKING SEA VIEW were turned into tiny slums.

I would love to wild camp on Skye

I never knew the chav problem was present in the home counties. I thought It was mainly a northern phenomenon.

Of course, if you have seen trainspotting then you will know that even Scotland's fairer city hasn't escaped the curse but Glasgow truly is a disaster. What has happened to that city, it's identity and much of the rest of Scotland is tragic. Too much to regret and forget.

I love this picture and I think it partly explains what happened to Scotland. Scotland was far too over invested in the empire and when it went everything else started to go. 1950s-70s. It happened extremely rapidly. Glasgow in the 50s was still a very peaceful city with tree lined streets and beautiful victorian architecture that exuded strength. By the 70s it had gone full detroit and the people held their own history in contempt.

I would love to join you.

>Hobbes
This statist fucker can go suck a fat one.

Have you read leviathan?

>tfw Britain will die in your lifetime

You don't think we can fight for it and maybe win?

youtube.com/watch?v=UVESt_27vnA

No, the older redpilled generations are dying out. What's left is lots of brown people and a white British youth that hates itself and believes we can all live together in a multicultural society. The patriotic Brits left are in such a minority. But I would still fight for Britain, for it to go back to what it used to be. As long as I'm alive Britain will always be white and Christian.

I'm 9th or 10th generation here.

Yes it's sad, people have no respect or where they are, at least the chav influx from the nearby Leigh Park (Mogadishu) has meant that there's people driving around throwing fast food rubbish over the beach, coffee chain cups everywhere. We don't even have any fast food here. It's a damn island.

To be honest just wind back the clock to the 30s/40s and society would be better off.
Yes we can. There's a hell of a lot of lefties but honestly, I think there's more right and people would swing right when they realise the insanity of the left. Friend of mine has swung right. Buying him a Prussian flag for his birthday.

>This statist fucker can go suck a fat one.

what a fucking idiot.

Hobbes is the greatest political philosopher in the English language, bow your head, lowly colonist

We need to have everyone on board we just need a decent amount of intelligent patriots.

Also, I would question your notion of the redpilled older generations. From what I have seen the baby boomers are the worst. The fat bloated arrogant boomers that worship the television and pretend they are 18. I see them everywhere I have actually lost my calm quite a few times when I get forced into an argument with them(they are so arrogant, the blurt out their opinions without provocation). They don't argue with facts they just say this is the way it is and people should accept it. That exact argument has been said to me a few times. I am not an angry person at all but being told that I need to accept the loss of my homeland through immigration was enough for me to tell them that they are lazy, have terrible values and watch television because they lack the mental stamina too read - then deliberately avoid them.

I have taken this harsh tone on 2 older family members and one close family friend. I don't like the social stigma and everyone thinking I am some kind of a nazi but to be honest I don't regret it at all and I find their views(and increasingly them) irredeemably vile.

With the younger generation I don't have this problem, people my age(mid 20s) seem far more open to dialogue and willing to ACTUALLY READ. Not just cite the television as if it is some kind of golden calf.

We don't need to have everyone on board we just need a decent amount of intelligent patriots*.

I seriously need to stop being a lazy cunt and actually read what I write before I hit post.

Don't forget your new, muslim mayor.
>yfw he bones the queen.

Your president is black, Eric Holder is a fanatic that hates the white race over which he has tremendous power in your country.

Clinton will, sadly, most likely defeat trump and be your next president.
We are all in the same boat burger, please don't spread sad feels.

>Just to demonstrate how easy this when you're British I'm going to add a ton more off the top of my head

George Stephenson - Inventor of the steam locomotive, made industrial capitalism possible, changd the world, considered greater than Brunel in his own time, thanks to him railways totally transformed the world

JJ Thompson - Not much, he just scientifically discovered the atom, making atomic physics possible and making the modern world possible

Charles Lyell - Invented modern geology, thanks to his work we have things such as plate tectonic theory and continential drift, instead of believing the world was fixed in it's current shape since forever, like some sort of savage.

Michael Faraday - Discovered electro-magnetism and the magnetic field, totally revolutionalised modern science, changed the world for as long as it exists

Titus Salt - Pioneer industrialist, built the world's first super-factories in the 19th century (at a time when your nations were living like filthy peasants) made the industrial revolution possible, which became the blueprint for every economy on earth for the next century or more, thereby changed the world forever

Edmund Halley - Pioneer of astronomy, made numersous observations of the heavenly bodies, tracked and named a recurring comet using early 18th century technology securing immortality for both himself and his countrymen.

Charles Babbage - austic who built a working computer in the 19th century with nothing more than maths, brass and steam. Without him your chinese origami board isn't even possible.

Frank Whittle - Invented the turbojet engine, made modern jet travel, space travel, missiles, satellites all possible, in the process revolutionising warfare, the economy, telecommnications and changing the world forever.

>This is by no means comprehensive. Just a few of the many hundreds of British people who built the world.

But they wuz black

>Boudica
>Arthur

This is a joke, right?

1/2

I was reading this book
amazon.com/Lord-Palmerston-Jasper-Ridley/dp/1447244184

It is a biography of Lord Palmerston. A very important British statesman and in my opinion along with Pitt one of the greatest in that he shared with Pitt the qualities of a great work ethic, a first-rate analytical, strategic mind and an aristocrats' natural love of his people. Not some bourgeoisie moralizing that I believe motivated leaders such as Gladstone and Asquith, who, in my opinion, were not effective leaders.

It is a good book and I recommend it. However the real reason i wanted to post was to share this poem that I have found and the background to it. Lord Castlereagh, another very important, very brilliant British statesman but who sadly had a very tragic fate and was not successful like Palmerston is the subject of the poem. He also fought in a duel with then Foreign secretary George Canning(In 1809, when Castlereagh was secretary of state for war) where he wounded him in the thigh. Canning had arranged for Castlereagh's removal from government over a disagreement about strategy against napoleon which led to government dsyfunction and the duel. Castlereagh was a great shot, Canning was not, hence the result.

Castlereagh was foreign secretary for 10 years, 1812 to 1822. He presided over the defeat of Napoleonic France and the negotiations for a new European order that followed(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Order). His main thrust as a statesman was to oppress the destructive forces that created, as he seen it, the French revolution. To this end he worked endlessly and passed and enforced the infamous six acts which many seen as an affront to traditional British liberties, especially the poets Byron and Shelley and others in the romantic movement.

(cont)

His life and actions were extensively covered in the book but he really interested me so I looked him up on wikipedia and found this poem by Shelley.

"I met Murder on the way –
He had a mask like Castlereagh –
Very smooth he looked, yet grim;
Seven bloodhounds followed him

All were fat; and well they might
Be in admirable plight,
For one by one, and two by two,
He tossed them human hearts to chew
Which from his wide cloak he drew"

Shelley wrote it in response to the Peterloo massacre which was a political demonstration that got out of hand. The demonstrators wanted increased representation in parliament, a notion Castlereagh was very suspicious of. Most blamed Castlereagh for the disaster. Castlereagh died in 1822, he had been increasingly unstable and suffering nervous breakdowns, the public hatred for him and the never ending workload taking its toll. He drove a fountain pen through his own throat and killed himself.

Castlereagh wasn't the evil person Shelley thought he was, he loved his country and its social order and wanted to defend it. In his intention, and every great person of the day attested to this, he was utterly pure.

I believe Shelley was likewise with his intentions.

I love them both and the whole story hit me right in the feels like I have never been hit before from reading history. I thought you guys might like to hear it so that is why I am sharing it.

I really love our country. It is so beautiful.

it's looks so nice. Classy and comfy at the same time.

Why would Boudica be a Joke?

I put Arthur at the end because he was legendary/mythological but no it isn't a joke.

>Why would Boudica be a Joke?

It would be a stretch to call her British.... Britain is a much more recent creation and the pre-Roman peoples who lived here had no shared national identity, just tribes and petty kingdoms

I had Whittle and Faraday on my list but your right that we are so blessed with our people and the heroes they have been given.

Well they did have a shared identity and they did try and organize a collective response to the external threat and numerous points in the invasion and occupation.

I think most British people would view and accept her as an ancient leader of our ancestors who fought for their independence against terrible odds, therefore, deserving of veneration by the descendants of those peoples.

it is not that important If you have an issue with one or two names on that list, definitely not enough of an issue to start being autistic about it. We have plenty to choose from.

>With the younger generation I don't have this problem, people my age(mid 20s) seem far more open to dialogue and willing to ACTUALLY READ
the only fuking thing mid 20's types read is their iphone screen. ALL DAY and night.
I was in the Dr.s office yesterday. Erry person from 15 to 35 shuffled into the room with their head bent over flicking the screen of their little newest gizmo.
Their chin on their chest oblivious to the world around them.
One was already sitting when I checked in and he was playing a game that sounded like an old Mario Bros game.
He was 30ish.

Mr. mid 20
Go a day without internet and your phone.
You will chew your fingernails down to the quick.

My grandmother's uncle worked on the bouncing bomb
A tenuous link to Barnes Wallis, but I claim it nevertheless

>WE
>WUZ
>BARNES

This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Crispian."
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words—
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester—
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Holder is gone, and replaced with a similar idiot.
Errything you said is true my britbong friend.

Are there any non-Christian temples or ethnic foods to savour?
I sure hope so, bigot

It's puzzling how great this land is.

>No Newman
>No Pope
>No Elgar
>No Rayleigh

Seriously aren't 1/4 of relevant people in History Brits?

youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

the original Band of Brothers

There is always a lack of french in this kind of thread and in Sup Forums.
British still think they are superior to french

>British still think they are superior to french
You've got that arse about tit, old bean
The French don't give the Brits nearly enough respect

It's part of our nature Frog

Sorry I offended you. You are probably right(about the younger generation, not about my relationship with the internet) I have just had a terrible experience with a certain group of 50-70-year-olds that have the ability to make me angrier than I believed I ever could be..

I don't know if people being on the internet a lot is a bad thing though. I think the internet has been something of a liberator for our movement.

By the way if anyone wants a more in depth discussion on these issues you can add me on my jabber [email protected]. If you don't know how to jabber but still want a discussion then you can give me your skype and I will add you.

>tfw last name is Nelson
>mother was going to name me Horatio or Merlin (after the spitfire engine)
>father said I would get the shit bullied out of me

Daily reminder that a Yorkshireman split the atom

we know u are not our allies, we don't like u and u don't like us.

PERFIDE ALBION / UNITED QUEENDOM

>A Frenchman, thinking to be highly complimentary, said to Palmerston: "If I were not a Frenchman, I should wish to be an Englishman"; to which Pam coolly replied: "If I were not an Englishman, I should wish to be an Englishman."

We actually do like you. You just don't like us because your stupid hatred is the only tool available to you to cover over the shame of inferiority.

France has been a miserable failure of a country compared to England for 500 years.

A english captain after his defeat against surcouf tell him, "you frenchman you fight for money when we fight fof honor" surcouf respond "we fight for what we lack the most"

--->(I think it's a bad traduction but you must be able to understand)

Most people do like the French, and if they don't, they at least respect them.
I've always admired the French for their patriotism, but unfortunately it can lead to Negro-style blinkers when it comes to accepting that somebody other than a Frenchman has actually achieved something.

"Always blame the french" is rosbeef thing, we have no equivalencd here

And anglo can't understand what a narrative principle is, that's explain why french literracy is better

that's a damn shame

Thanks!

but hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way