I've literally never heard Grimes being mentioned anywhere except Sup Forums...

I've literally never heard Grimes being mentioned anywhere except Sup Forums. Had never heard of her before she started being mentioned here a lot, never seen her recommended on jewtube or spotify, never heard anyone talk about her.

Why is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227746-grimes-art-angels-megarate/?page=10
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because you're socially incompetent, don't actually follow any trends, don't read anything, don't go outside and never bother with anything that isn't directly related to YOU. You're an arse.

You don't leave the house

Because shes garbage, it's literally 1 or 2 autists who shitpost her everywhere

[spoiler]she sucks[/spoiler]

>being THIS bootybothered that le eccentric girl isn't a household name

I don't even like Grimes you little shit, but she is mentioned in a lot of places and a lot of people know her or have heard of her. She's not some super obscure le indeh artist anymore.

Because she's just a fucking meme

>you little shit

woah man there's no need to get upset that bandcamp girl isn't a huge pop star

>you little shit
you're going to unnecessary lengths, my friend.

>you little shit
woah pal, tread lightly

right now on gagadaily there's a thread about her: gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227746-grimes-art-angels-megarate/?page=10

she's mentioned all over the internet where it's music related.

Because everybody here are paid memebots.

>you little shit

This. This stupid OP was BTFO.

grimes has more followers on spotify than bjork. where is your god now?

>you little shit
come on, mate. we are trying to appear cultivated here.

she's not even the same person anymore. i don't think she's the same girl i fell in love with desu. she used to be the best thing that happened to me but instead these threads happened and she became the fucking worst, i regret it ever happening

you're just bored. fuck off and bore somebody else

SPOILER: YOU SUCK

All newer artists will typically outperform newer ones on Spotify. The Beatles don't come anywhere close to *insert any recent relatively popular artist here* on any social media platform.

and?

Read the quote thread, shitforbrains.

good. strange she has millions of views and is touring the world constantly though huh OP :^)

>i goto my echo chamber websites on the internet
>why havent i heard of shit outside of my echo chamber?

good meme bro

implying i care

Grimes pls leave Sup Forums and never return

does that mean lesser relevancy?

how about no?

i think the absolute worst artists are mainly concerned with their popularity. thank goodness there's grimes to counter that monstrous level of ambition displayed by female artists, she's not dishonest or self-absorbed at all huh

It is impossible not to love her

Yay, shitposting

she's dead to me

and yet, you're still posting in a grimes thread instead filtering/ignoring it. why?

i'm waiting for things to get better

Spotify follows don't really mean anything. Bjork has more followers on Twitter and Facebook, and only 10k or so behind Grimes on Instagram anyway. I don't really see why everything has to be a competition though. I enjoy both.

better in what way? what are your expectations?

>waaah stop talking about your opinions on an artist in a thread about that artist!

Because she's a fairly modestly successful artist with two kinda well received albums under her belt. She isn't commercial enough to reach Katy Perry levels, she isn't good enough to reach Godspeed level cult status and isn't shocking enough to get memed to hell and back like Death Grips. She's just: a fairly decent artist making indie pop.

Plus Sup Forums has a horribly Grimes obsessive fanbase that's just fucking annoying. Seriously guys please stop.

Started as ironic waifu material due to her ugliness. Later on people started to take it seriously.

i was told that things would be good in the end

What a nice projection you have going on there, user. Fucking namefags.

>with two kinda well received albums under her belt.
her albums were very well received. e.g. art angels has a metascore of 88/100. that's a huge score.
>She isn't commercial enough to reach Katy Perry levels
she's too weird to be as famous as katy perry, that's true
>she isn't good enough to reach Godspeed level cult status
godspeed is a shitty band with no good music. grimes has 10x (TEN TIMES) more followers of facebook than that gybe crap.
>shocking enough to get memed to hell and back like Death Grips
lurk more. she's the only artist on Sup Forums with threads reaching bump limits almost every time. she's even more discussed than meme grips.
>She's just: a fairly decent artist making indie pop.
way to patronize this artist. the good thing? your opinion is irrelevant. cheers.

>godspeed is a shitty band with no good music
way to patronize the artist. the good thing? your opinion is irrelevant. cheers.

are you for real, memester? what if i told you that people took her seriously when her album visions was acclaimed worldwide and her song oblivion has been selected as soty 2012 by p4k??

>her ugliness
hold on your ugly mug a minute: what does her appearance has to do with her music, you sexist pig? is this the fashion board and i don't know that?

i'm fine with that. i'm saying it again: gybe and the whole crescendocore suck. cheap thrills for plebs.

>you little shit

Wew, lad

i'm fine with that. i'm saying it again: grimes and the whole synthpop suck. cheap thrills for plebs.

>are you for real, memester? what if i told you that people took her seriously when her album visions was acclaimed worldwide and her song oblivion has been selected as soty 2012 by p4k??

p4k did, mu didn't aside from forcing it as a meme due to her looks.

>hold on your ugly mug a minute: what does her appearance has to do with her music, you sexist pig? is this the fashion board and i don't know that?

Female artists on mu are not much else aside from fetish objects.

i was always serious about her. completely serious

To be honest dude, yeah I actually like Grimes. I think Art Angels and Visions are solid albums and all but come on. She isn't exactly The Velvet Underground or Joy Division is she? She isn't making genre defining mega-hit albums that will be revered in decades to come. She's making fairly solid albums that will be enjoyed by ardent fans of indie pop. Find some perspective please.

>Find some perspective please.
you can't make people care. they just don't

>forcing it as a meme due to her looks.
wtf? then why some many mu users say she's ugly? make up your mind: is she famous because of her looks or her music?

Sup Forums is mostly shills now.

>She isn't exactly The Velvet Underground or Joy Division is she?
she's not some dreary and pretentious artist who makes dreary and pretentious music? i'm fine with that. both tvu & jd are overrated as hell. it's too soon to judge her properly. give her more years to make some more masterpieces and we're talking.

>She isn't making genre defining mega-hit albums that will be revered in decades to come
do you have any idea that both jd & tvu's albums weren't hits at all?! they barely sold a decent amount. tvu didn't even get big acclaim while the band existed. the real critical acclaim was afterwards.

how could you be so sure that grimes will not be a legend like kate bush and bjork in the future?

it's literally just mostly grimes.

>wtf? then why some many mu users say she's ugly?

She is ugly. That was the point of ironic waifu shitposting (which eventually became serious as people came and went), to subvert that and ironically praise her looks.

>is she famous because of her looks or her music?

She's not famous.

>crush talks about grimes
>"heh, I've heard of her"
>"you have??"
>"heheh of course- I've never actually listened to her tho"
>
>go home
>listen to a few songs
>open facebook chat with crush
>"it was ok"
>never get any reply

>She's not famous.
then explain her popularity here.

>She is ugly.
subjective.

>That was the point of ironic waifu shitposting (which eventually became serious as people came and went), to subvert that and ironically praise her looks.
if that was the intent then it failed miserably. these days people not only appreciate her music, but they like her looks too. it helps that she almost got rid of her alien style and looks more normal. like it or not, she's unironically likeable.

>"it was ok"
that sounds kinda underwhelming. like so-so. you should have say that she's amazing. you shot yourself in the foot with that buzzkill answer.

at least you were honest
>Sup Forums popularity (mostly hate) = fame

Let's show some love for our Grimey and support her!
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/

>shilling in all 4 shill threads
you should be ashamed of yourself Grimes

I wish I was as nice as Grimes but I'm not. The least we can do for our queen is to support her in this voting.

>sometime later
>at a party
>calmly sperg out saying that not replying was rude
>"well, what could I have said anyway?"
the memory stops there

>more time later
>another party
>say hi
>ask whether she thinks it's a good idea if I start talking
>"it's not like you can get any worse"
>start talking
>end up laughing together

At the following party, she greeted me from afar

Just two sweet girls who don't shit post on Sup Forums.

see

I've heard her music in Forever 21

>I've literally never heard Grimes being mentioned anywhere except Sup Forums.
Probably that's because you don't spend your time anywhere except Sup Forums?

this is meant to be my happy place

The Beatles are like forever in the top 10 on last FM lol

example of a talented and successful female artist who uses Sup Forums but doesn't create obnoxious threads about herself everyday. Thanks Lorde. We appreciate it !

>but doesn't create obnoxious threads about herself everyday
Grimes doesn't do it as well. What's your point?

Example of a talented and successful female artist who doesn't even use Sup Forums but has the most loyal fanbase on this website. We love you, Claire!

>Sup Forums popularity (mostly hate) = fame
she's popular even outside mu. she has 1 mil followers on facebook which is more than st. vincent or gybe or death grips (3 times more than meme grips, can you believe this?)

>(mostly hate)
it's about 50-50. a few very vocals haters =/= she's truly hated. plus that couldn't sustain so many bump limit reaching threads.

Dude. Saying Grimes doesn't use 4 chan is like saying Gucci Mane has probably never tried weed. Nobody buys that

hi claire

Imagine you hated an artist so much you spent all your time in 4 chan pretending to be them pretending to be an user shit posting about themselves. Savage.

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim?

>then explain her popularity here.

Waifu cult.

>subjective.

Of course.

>if that was the intent then it failed miserably. these days people not only appreciate her music, but they like her looks too. it helps that she almost got rid of her alien style and looks more normal. like it or not, she's unironically likeable.

You're framing it like there was some sort of purpose to all of this. There wasn't. I'm just telling you how it started, it's unimportant how it is now since generations shifted.

>Waifu cult.
Not an explanation. There are a lot of waifus. How come she is the most discussed one?

let's have a Sup Forums party because that's what i want to do

where's your evidence, then?

Because that's currently the most active cult around. Similar thing happened with Crystal Castles and Alice before Grimes.

>she has 1 million followers on facebook
now there's some actual evidence, then why did you ask the other user to explain her popularity on Sup Forums? that's just stupid.

>plus that couldn't sustain so many bump limit reaching threads
you know that these 200+ threads usually have like 50 posters, with the threads usually being composed of back and forth arguments between the lovers and the haters, right?

It's called a click farm. you have 4 or more computers running on different IP and pretend to be fans

she hasn't been waifu'd for a long time. not even since 1 guy appropriated pejorative terms because people were showing their love for her. because they're autistic virgins to even have feelings for grimes or something

which claim is that a response to? any evidence?

This entire website is just one person pretending to be a bunch of different people.

>Because that's currently the most active cult around.
Wrong answer.

Here is a correct one.
She is the artist of the decade and there is no other female as talented as her.

i thought it was all phone posting. you can rally anyone who owns a phone

That's your opinion.

Spoken like a true cultist.

>She is the artist of the decade and there is no other female as talented as her.

>Waifu cult.
there are lots of even cuter artists (e.g. carly rae jepsen or that poppy). how the fuck aren't they more discussed than grimes?

it must be something more. hint: her music.

Saying otherwise is just contrarian.

>because they're autistic virgins to even have feelings for grimes or something
how do you know that? speaking from experience?

yuhp

>Similar thing happened with Crystal Castles and Alice before Grimes.
before grimes? people talked about alice even in 2012 when grimes was at the beginning of her real popularity.

cc was a fad and like any fad it ended. they did some genuinely great msuic though.

you said autistic virgins fawn over her. what are you trying to say about grimes herself, considering that?